The tree of truth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Waterfall
Scholar

The tree of truth

Post #1

Post by Waterfall »

I have been reading the story about Adam and Eve and now I cannot understand what people are talking about...eating of the tree of life? According to this story God do not want people to eat of the tree of life? Is that not why God did this:
After he drove the man out, he placed on the east sidee of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.
It seems like God do not want humans to live forever, so there can be no talk about an resurrection of humans. God just want humans to die and perish. Because they did not obey. End of story.

But the story keeps on going? Why is that?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: The tree of truth

Post #61

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Waterfall wrote: It is a Satanic lie that we do not have a soul?
No it is a Satanic lie that we DO have a soul.

Humans do not posses invisible souls inside of them.

Waterfall wrote: So who is right? You? Them?
God! God is right. And God has told us the truth about such things in the bible. The bible is clear, man does not posses an immortal soul.

Waterfall wrote: They may be wrong about some things but that does not mean they are wrong about everything.

No but they are certainly wrong if they teach that humans have an immortal soul.

Waterfall wrote: So lets keep an open mind and investigate the idea
I have already investigated the idea, my conclusion is it's a lie. I am now ready to share my findings with others to help them if they would like help.

My religion is called JEHOVAH'S WITNESS. The above comments represent our beliefs.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #62

Post by Waterfall »

[Replying to post 61 by JehovahsWitness]

I have had to many beers, so I will wait with my response, and just point to this question:

How is God?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #63

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Waterfall wrote: [Replying to post 61 by JehovahsWitness]

I have had to many beers, so I will wait with my response, and just point to this question:

How is God?
"How is God?".... do you mean "WHO is God?"

If you mean who is the Creator, He is JEHOVAH (YHWH) the God of the bible.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

tam
Savant

Post #64

Post by tam »

Peace to you Waterfall.
Waterfall wrote: I have been reading the story about Adam and Eve and now I cannot understand what people are talking about...eating of the tree of life? According to this story God do not want people to eat of the tree of life? Is that not why God did this:
After he drove the man out, he placed on the east sidee of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.
It seems like God do not want humans to live forever, so there can be no talk about an resurrection of humans. God just want humans to die and perish. Because they did not obey. End of story.

If God did not want man to eat from the tree of life and live forever, why would God have planted that tree in the garden to begin with, and then told Adam and Eve that they could eat from that tree?

Peace again!

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #65

Post by brianbbs67 »

tam wrote: Peace to you Waterfall.
Waterfall wrote: I have been reading the story about Adam and Eve and now I cannot understand what people are talking about...eating of the tree of life? According to this story God do not want people to eat of the tree of life? Is that not why God did this:

If God did not want man to eat from the tree of life and live forever, why would God have planted that tree in the garden to begin with, and then told Adam and Eve that they could eat from that tree?

Peace again!
And apparently they ate some of it. They lived a long time.

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #66

Post by Waterfall »

JehovahsWitness wrote: I have already investigated the idea, my conclusion is it's a lie. I am now ready to share my findings with others to help them if they would like help.
I would like to hear about your investigation.

Why is it a Satanic lie that we have a soul? Is it not good to have a soul? To live forever? What is wrong with that?

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #67

Post by Waterfall »

tam wrote: Peace to you Waterfall.

Peace again!
Thank you Tam, and peace to you also.

It is a good question.

How are we to understand this story?

If I was Adam and Eve then I would have eaten from the tree of life and then from the tree of knowledge.

But that is not how the story goes...according to the story they did not eat from the tree of life and now the tree is guarded because God do not want humans to eat from it and live forever.

How do we get around that fact?

dio9
Under Probation

Post #68

Post by dio9 »

Not eating the fruit of life means because of Adam's wrong will humanity is out of sync with the rest of creation, take climate change for example human industrial civilization seems to be causing it. Human civilization is out of sync from the rest of creation. Industrial civilization conquers dominates uses and abuses the natural order rather than go in harmony with it , with its flow. We are not eating from the tree because of our own hubris.

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #69

Post by Waterfall »

[Replying to post 67 by Waterfall]

I most have been slepping...its tam and not Tam. Maybe it do not matters, but then again...t...looks like a cross, so...? t and am? I am? Anyway...I will call you tam and not Tam.

Peace forever

tam
Savant

Post #70

Post by tam »

[Replying to post 69 by Waterfall]

No worries! It's just the first three letters of my name (tammy).

Peace again to you!