The Holy spirit is God's feminine nature, holy Mother

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

dio9
Under Probation

The Holy spirit is God's feminine nature, holy Mother

Post #1

Post by dio9 »

I have a new suggestion of the Trinity. God is our Father everyone can agree, Jesus is our savior and Son , but the holy spirit is nebulous , not clear as Father and Son. The HS is probably instead of holy spirit , holy Mother. Her characteristics as nurturer and comforter are what mothers do, Father Mother and Son make so much more sense than "holy spirit".
All creation reflects God and all creation is created nurtured and increased within the relationships of Father Mother and child. So the holy spirit is actually Holy Mother.

William
Savant

Re: The Holy spirit is God's feminine nature, holy Mother

Post #2

Post by William »

dio9
Under Probation

Re: The Holy spirit is God's feminine nature, holy Mother

Post #3

Post by dio9 »

[Replying to post 2 by William]

The desire foior a Moter aspect of God is so strong that Mary Mother of Jesus is referred to as Mother of God. Indeed the mythological need is expressed in Matthew's annunciation narrative where it is implied God impregnated Mary . If this is not an illegitimate coupling Mary is the (methodologically speaking ) the wife of God.
Later 4th century Patristic Bishops again affirmed the supernatural nature of Mary as Theotokos, Mother of God. If this is not an affirmation of the holy Mother nature of God I don't know what is.
Genesis writes God created humans in his image male and female. It is clear to me scripturally , mythlogically , historically and experiential God as parents, Father Mother and son cannot be denied.
That said let us not forget the historic veneration of the blessed Virgin as the virgin daughter nature of God. The whole creation reflects the glory of God, as Paul might have said, (see Romans 1:20 )

bluethread
Savant

Post #4

Post by bluethread »

Fertility cults are a common temptation and repeatedly rejected in the Tanakh. This is where I part ways with Jordon Peterson and much of Christianity for that matter. It is my view that fertility in the Scriptures is associated with the keeping of the Covenant. There are feminine architypes in the Scripture, but they are generally associated with knowledge and wisdom and not fertility. Adonai's people are often symbolized as a wife of Adonai, with violations of the Covenant and the worship of other deities as adultery. However, this does not equate to sexualizing Adonai.

dio9
Under Probation

Post #5

Post by dio9 »

[Replying to post 4 by bluethread]

Christianity is more than another fertility cult but presents Mary as some kind of Mother Goddess. One has only to drive around suburbia to see hundreds of statues of the virgin mother (which is a logical impossibility , Virgin and Mother , explain that) Christianity has resurrected the Mother Goddess in the form of Mary , Mother of God. Hey, if Jesus can be God , Mary can be the mythologically necessary Mother Goddess. People need a Mother Goddess. God is a Father a Mother and a divine human savior. I am arguing Christianity has covertly resurrected the Mother Goddess.

William
Savant

Post #6

Post by William »

[Replying to post 5 by dio9]
(which is a logical impossibility , Virgin and Mother , explain that)
Actually it is possible through artificial insemination.

William
Savant

Post #7

Post by William »

[Replying to post 4 by bluethread]
Adonai's people are often symbolized as a wife of Adonai, with violations of the Covenant and the worship of other deities as adultery.
One has to understand that using cultural ideas as analogies for GOD requires a balanced outlook in relation to that.

For example, a husband can also be unfaithful to his wife.

If the symbolism helps, all well and good, but does the culture understand the wife is equal with her husband?

dio9
Under Probation

Post #8

Post by dio9 »

[Replying to William]

Yes but that's not what happened, Luke's Gospel clearly implies God impregnated the virgin mother of Jesus . God is the father and Mary is the mother of Jesus. I'm saying Christianity presents the female aspect of God in Mary , the mother of the son of God Jesus . Mary is the restoration of the suppressed mythological wife of God.
This is admittedly not Jewish , but it is Christian. Mary is not the pagan mother Goddess , rather Mary is the Holy true Mother Goddess.

William
Savant

Post #9

Post by William »

[Replying to post 8 by dio9]
Yes but that's not what happened,
That claim aside for a moment, what I was pointing out is that it is NOT a 'logical impossibility' for a mother to be a virgin.
Luke's Gospel clearly implies God impregnated the virgin mother of Jesus.
Well whomever jotted that one down forgot that the GOD was a spirit without form let alone with the biological equipment necessary for the task...and even if [he] were able to use a form which did have the necessary equipment for the task, how was that equipment used without breaking Mary's hymen, and what seed did the form have which allowed for the son of the GOD to be conceived?

There seem to be clues re the Genesis story that beings called 'Sons of GOD' took 'daughters of men' and from those unions children were born. None of those women were regarded as virgins, but the connection is in that the GOD did to Mary what his sons had done to women in the past...except that in this case there was no carnal connection involved, no physical form incarnated into as it was an event which involved 'the Holy Ghost' who somehow could plant a physical seed into a human which would fertilize one of her eggs.

(Note: [an aside] This is an interesting tale in regard to those who support the idea of trinity and those who do not.)

Where did this physical seed originate? God is spirit so that rules God out.
God is the father and Mary is the mother of Jesus. I'm saying Christianity presents the female aspect of God in Mary , the mother of the son of God Jesus . Mary is the restoration of the suppressed mythological wife of God.
So we have a Patriarch aspect of GOD in 'The Father' (a being claiming to have created the whole universe), a Matriarch aspect of GOD in Mary (a human woman) and a Child born as a result of this union between a GOD and a Human Woman, who happens to be a Son.

(Sounds fishy. Perhaps that is why Jesus' symbol is oft a fish used?)

The 'suppressed mythological wife of God' would hardly be a Human Woman - especially since The Father and The Son and The Holy Ghost are such the familiar unit. It would be more logical to argue that it is The Holy Ghost is the feminine aspect of this trio.
This is admittedly not Jewish , but it is Christian. Mary is not the pagan mother Goddess , rather Mary is the Holy true Mother Goddess.

Well the story appears to be lifted from paganism anyway, but even that aside, who is this 'Pagan Mother Goddess' who isn't 'the Holy true Mother Goddess'?

Would it be the planet Earth Entity you are speaking about in relation to that? Is [She] this 'Pagan Mother Goddess'?

bluethread
Savant

Post #10

Post by bluethread »

dio9 wrote: [Replying to post 4 by bluethread]

Christianity is more than another fertility cult but presents Mary as some kind of Mother Goddess. One has only to drive around suburbia to see hundreds of statues of the virgin mother (which is a logical impossibility , Virgin and Mother , explain that) Christianity has resurrected the Mother Goddess in the form of Mary , Mother of God. Hey, if Jesus can be God , Mary can be the mythologically necessary Mother Goddess. People need a Mother Goddess. God is a Father a Mother and a divine human savior. I am arguing Christianity has covertly resurrected the Mother Goddess.
Yes, the RCC appears to have adopted that mythology and Jordon Peterson notes that and equates it, in that respect, to the philosophies of the nations. However, that mythology is not necessary for one to be a follower of Yeshua. Nothing of the sort is presented in the KJV canon. I don't know about the apocrypha. However, I do not see that mythology in the Tanakh either, though there is the cult of Judith, related to a rabbinic view that there was another woman before Havah(Eve). None the less, the Tanakh is clearly opposed to fertility deities.
Yes but that's not what happened,
On what do you based that? Of course, it would not have being invetro, but why couldn't the Ruach just create life in the womb? You know this isn't the S&R thread, right?
Adonai's people are often symbolized as a wife of Adonai, with violations of the Covenant and the worship of other deities as adultery.
One has to understand that using cultural ideas as analogies for GOD requires a balanced outlook in relation to that.

For example, a husband can also be unfaithful to his wife.

If the symbolism helps, all well and good, but does the culture understand the wife is equal with her husband?
Yes, the analogy fits, but the Scriptures do not indicate that Adonai has ever been unfaithful to His people. Also, it is not an egalitarian culture, The Scriptures do not recognize husband and wife as equal, it recognizes them as complimentary. This might be where the analogy breaks down, but currently it doesn't appear to me that seeing Adonai and His people as complimentary causes any real problems. I'd have to see how that plays out.