Jesus' Return

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Jesus' Return

Post #1

Post by William »

If there is one belief that seems to thread throughout Christian beliefs as commonly shared, it is that of the return of Jesus.

In pondering on this idea, I am left wondering as to the relevance of it as a belief to hold in today's day and age.

I can understand that up to the age of technology and especially this age of information [the information age] such a belief would not have been able to be easily regarded as overly questionable, but with our current knowledge of the universe we can understand that should the promised event happen, people would be more inclined to regard it as explainable in terms of our current knowledge.

What this means is that if an army of beings descended upon the planet, we would naturally understand these as being extraterrestrial.

In regard to that, we would also be less likely to believe any claims that they were our creators in the sense of having to proclaim them as 'gods' and their leader as 'god' or the representative thereof. In this case, Jesus.

If indeed these beings then got about 'cleaning up the world' of the corrupt war-mongering humans in positions of power, and set up a workable system in which parity becomes the normal, and gave peace a chance, there would still be no reason to worship these beings, (or the single leader) as if they were gods.

If we look at it another way - say humans were the ET and did this to another planetary species - would we not simply consider this to be something we decided we ought to do, and discourage the planets people from worshiping us?

Sure, we would not scorn their respect, and their gratefulness for us using our superior technology and power to overcome those who suppressed them and kept them engaged in systems of disparity, but there would be no reason for us to condone, let alone make it a stipulation that they ought worship us as gods.

Yet the belief through Christian doctrine clearly tells us that this is a stipulation, and those who do not agree to it will be separated from those who do.

It seems to me that there would be a problem with today's current population accepting such stipulation on the grounds that the opportunity afforded by the ET allow for the ability to build a system of parity doesn't and shouldn't require any of us worship the ET as gods. If it did, then the only reason they 'saved' us was so that they could become our new masters, and blackmail us with either accepting their terms or going without.

Q: In relation to the above, how would you respond to ET demanding you worship them as gods, and why?

William
Savant

Post #41

Post by William »

[Replying to post 40 by tam]
Perhaps, though that does not mean that God would not be owed this. That also does not mean that we would not feel/are not compelled to worship God, out of LOVE. Gratitude. Respect.
The object of the OP Tam, is whether worship of GOD is to be done by proxy in relation to the ET/IDE's who are expected to come and sort out the human drama presently being experienced.

In that, you answered the OPQ thus;
It does not seem to me that angels (spirit beings) - are going to demand worship.
In today's world, such an event happening on this planet would not have people calling these entities 'angels' in that traditional sense of powerfully built winged humans. Rather people would understand such beings as ET, or interdimensional entities. Essentially beings with superior technology.

As has been pointed out, some - and even many humans - have the propensity toward knee-jerk reaction when faced with something which might harm them if they did not show immediate and total submission in offering the back of their necks. This is of course not necessarily an act of compliance but also can be seen as and act of self-preservation.
But one who serves Christ is meant to be bearing witness to HIM. Telling people to come to Christ, to listen to Him, to follow Him. Not to themselves, not to some religion, not to some other religious leader (other than Christ).
2000 years of Christendom has completely muddied the waters Tam. There are so many 'voices' that the only sane response for someone trying to hear that true voice is to back off from the cacophonic of voices and find some quiet place within and see what can be heard there.
Then maybe sort the chaff from the wheat based on what one is most attracted to in relation to the many things which are on offer in contradiction.
The words Christ spoke are that we are to come to Him; to listen to Him, to follow Him, to obey HIS commands. To take HIS yoke upon us. He never told us that anyone else was the truth. He is the mediator between man and God. We need only listen to Him.
All very well to say Tam, but which version of HIM does one choose? The version Paul preached? Perhaps what Thomas wrote regarding his sayings? Those which were not so popular that the were excluded from being part of what was to become 'The Holy Bible' best seller, oft referred to as 'The Word of GOD'? Which 'voice' of 'the Lord' are you listening to Tam, and why should it be regarded as the true voice?

Are you able to stand back from your own beliefs and study them under the light of truthfulness, that they may be shown to be following the true voice of the true version of Jesus? Your faith might indeed be based upon what you have not seen, but your words and actions can be seen, so therein the product of your faith can be seen. The world has turned its back on the Church because the Church betrayed the world and used the world for its own glorification and glorifying of its own version of GOD and Jesus. The evidence in there to be seen and examined Tam.

If you make claims that the bible is 'The Word of GOD' you are already hearing the falseness of other voices and declaring these to be 'the truth.' and essentially bowing down and worshiping that, and encouraging others to do the same. You have been lead to believe that you are His sheep and are following His voice, but belief does not make it so, Tam.

tam
Savant

Post #42

Post by tam »

Peace to you William,
William wrote: [Replying to post 40 by tam]
Perhaps, though that does not mean that God would not be owed this. That also does not mean that we would not feel/are not compelled to worship God, out of LOVE. Gratitude. Respect.
The object of the OP Tam, is whether worship of GOD is to be done by proxy in relation to the ET/IDE's who are expected to come and sort out the human drama presently being experienced.
I did not actually get that from the OP (I was not sure what your point was), but okay.
In that, you answered the OPQ thus;
It does not seem to me that angels (spirit beings) - are going to demand worship.
In today's world, such an event happening on this planet would not have people calling these entities 'angels' in that traditional sense of powerfully built winged humans. Rather people would understand such beings as ET, or interdimensional entities. Essentially beings with superior technology.
Some people might think that. I would not. I do not see my Lord or other spirit beings (angels/seraphim) as beings with superior technology. Technology is man's way of imitating or replicating (or at least trying to attain to) what God and His Son do naturally (spiritually), with power that comes from them (and not from technology).

For example, we have developed technology to form the internet (and before that, phones, etc) to be able to communicate to people on the other side of the world. If we had colonized other planets, we would develop technology to communicate with them as well. God (and His Son) communicate with us via holy spirit (the breath, blood of God). This is not technology, this is from within them. Because the blood speaks (to us and to them).

(in a sense, using technology, blood can also speak to doctors and scientists as well, even if just to determine what sicknesses a patient may or may not have via blood tests)

As has been pointed out, some - and even many humans - have the propensity toward knee-jerk reaction when faced with something which might harm them if they did not show immediate and total submission in offering the back of their necks. This is of course not necessarily an act of compliance but also can be seen as and act of self-preservation.
Yes. Such as converting to another religion in order to save one's neck (and that of one's loved ones as well).
But one who serves Christ is meant to be bearing witness to HIM. Telling people to come to Christ, to listen to Him, to follow Him. Not to themselves, not to some religion, not to some other religious leader (other than Christ).
2000 years of Christendom has completely muddied the waters Tam.

Yes. So why do so many people drink downstream? Why not drink from the source - the pure (and unmuddied) water - straight from the SOURCE: Christ Jaheshua, the living and true Word of God?

There are so many 'voices' that the only sane response for someone trying to hear that true voice is to back off from the cacophonic of voices and find some quiet place within and see what can be heard there.
Then maybe sort the chaff from the wheat based on what one is most attracted to in relation to the many things which are on offer in contradiction.
Why would the wheat be that which is based upon what a person is most attracted to?

Would not the sane response for someone trying to hear that true voice be to listen to the one who is the Truth? The one who speaks truth as His native language?

That person is Christ.
The words Christ spoke are that we are to come to Him; to listen to Him, to follow Him, to obey HIS commands. To take HIS yoke upon us. He never told us that anyone else was the truth. He is the mediator between man and God. We need only listen to Him.
All very well to say Tam, but which version of HIM does one choose? The version Paul preached? Perhaps what Thomas wrote regarding his sayings? Those which were not so popular that the were excluded from being part of what was to become 'The Holy Bible' best seller, oft referred to as 'The Word of GOD'? Which 'voice' of 'the Lord' are you listening to Tam, and why should it be regarded as the true voice?
I am listening to the voice of my Lord, Christ Jaheshua, the Holy One and Holy Spirit of His God and Father, the MOST Holy One of Israel. He IS the Truth; the One God sent to us and told us to listen to. All of His words are true.

Are you able to stand back from your own beliefs and study them under the light of truthfulness,

The 'light' of 'truthfulness' is Christ... so yes of course. I have had to test my "beliefs" against Him (and discard those that were untrue). I have had to test 'inspired expressions' against His word (and love) as well.
that they may be shown to be following the true voice of the true version of Jesus?

I do not follow a version of "Jesus". As you say, there are multiple versions of "Jesus" in Christendom.

I follow the Truth: Christ Jaheshua.
Your faith might indeed be based upon what you have not seen, but your words and actions can be seen, so therein the product of your faith can be seen. The world has turned its back on the Church because the Church betrayed the world and used the world for its own glorification and glorifying of its own version of GOD and Jesus. The evidence in there to be seen and examined Tam.
Do you have any particular words and actions from me that you are referring to?
If you make claims that the bible is 'The Word of GOD' you are already hearing the falseness of other voices and declaring these to be 'the truth.'
I do not make claims that the Word of God is the bible. That is indeed a false teaching.

My Lord (Christ) is the Word of God. He is the LIVING Word for the LIVING God. Just as He is the LIVING image of the LIVING God.

and essentially bowing down and worshiping that, and encouraging others to do the same. You have been lead to believe that you are His sheep and are following His voice, but belief does not make it so, Tam.
You would have a point (as pertains to me) if I were doing what you say here, William. But I am not.

Here is what I have learned from my Lord about the bible (and who the Word of God truly is):

viewtopic.php?p=927265#927265

I am one of HIS sheep because He called me, and I listen to HIS voice.

Peace again to you!
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

Jagella
Banned
Banned

Post #43

Post by Jagella »

[Replying to post 40 by tam]
What if an ET masqueraded as Christ? You don't know what Christ looks like, so an ET might fool you into worshiping it.
His sheep listen to His voice. His sheep know Him and He knows them; they know His voice.

His sheep will run from the voice of a stranger. But they will come when He calls them.
Well, you're really not addressing the question. If an ET masqueraded as Christ, then how would you know? Are you saying you know Christ's voice? Have you heard it? What would prevent an ET from using a voice exactly like the voice of Christ?

Besides, I see the "sheep" running around in a thousand different directions all of them claiming to hear Christ's voice while hearing a different voice. If there was a real Christ, then this confusion is inexplicable. On the other hand, if Christ only exists in the imagination, then people would imagine different Christs telling them different things, and the phenomenon of the thousands of different Christian sects is clearly and fully explained.

So I go with the "imaginary-Christ" hypothesis because it fits the data perfectly.
Christ demanding worship from us makes as much sense as you demanding worship from your cat!
Perhaps, though that does not mean that God would not be owed this.
Great. You then concede my point that a real Christ would not demand worship.

But you get into logical difficulties with Christ being owed worship or anything else. If we were indebted to Christ, then we have borrowed something from him that we are obligated to give back. However, if Christ is perfect and perfectly complete, then nothing could be taken from him, and nothing could be owed to him. So to say we owe Christ worship is illogical.

People, by contrast, are never perfectly complete. They have many needs and wants. So if Christ demands anything from us, then it's likely that people put those words into his mouth hoping to "collect for Christ."
...one who serves Christ is meant to be bearing witness to HIM. Telling people to come to Christ, to listen to Him, to follow Him. Not to themselves, not to some religion, not to some other religious leader (other than Christ).
How do you tell the difference between a "genuine call from Christ" and a pretender? After all, religious leaders like Paul and Peter claimed to speak for Christ. Were they phonies falsely claiming to speak for Christ telling people to follow them?
That's why Christ is always quoted as demanding belief--those who put those words into his mouth knew that they needed people to believe them so that they could get what they want from people.
I'm not sure that makes sense Jagella.
It makes perfect sense. People have created a Christ to bamboozle other people. His creators just make Christ say "give to me," and then his creators collect the goods!
Well, it would help a LOT if Christ was around for us to listen to him. But again, an ET might be very convincing and fool us into believing he was Christ.
I would suggest to you instead that it is people who want to listen to man instead of to Christ (and God). They want to walk by sight.
In that case I suppose I shouldn't listen to you when you say you speak for Christ.

To conclude, I should point out positing a "real Christ" runs into many logical difficulties. From what you argue about Christ, it appears impossible to know who the real Christ is. Your saying that we must listen to Christ rather than "man" is self defeating because in that case I should not listen to you when you make that claim!

William
Savant

Post #44

Post by William »

[Replying to post 42 by tam]
Some people might think that. I would not. I do not see my Lord or other spirit beings (angels/seraphim) as beings with superior technology. Technology is man's way of imitating or replicating (or at least trying to attain to) what God and His Son do naturally (spiritually), with power that comes from them (and not from technology).
That in itself isn't the point though. I was saying how such an event would be seen in today's modern world.

It would not matter if actual winged angels appeared in the sky with Jesus leading the charge on a white stallion, such as depicted in Christian artworks taken from word-imagery in the bible.

People would simply assume some kind of technology was at play. That would be the logical assumption to make and your belief that your 'Lord or other spirit beings' don't use superior technology but are naturally endowed speaks more to your own willful ignorance that any actual truth on the matter anyway.

Indeed, your belief in that being the case only makes it easier for such beings to convince you of their authenticity, and willingness to worship something which you expect would use natural means rather than technological.

And of course the point of the OP is not so much whether the talent is natural or assisted, but whether such talented beings should ever be worshiped as gods.

marco
Savant

Post #45

Post by marco »

William wrote:
People would simply assume some kind of technology was at play. That would be the logical assumption to make and your belief that your 'Lord or other spirit beings' don't use superior technology but are naturally endowed speaks more to your own willful ignorance that any actual truth on the matter anyway.

I don't think we get truth by imposing our viewpoint on somebody else. If someone is convinced that they have communication with Christ then the simple test, as Christ gave us, is to examine the results and see what fruit such conviction brings. Peace of mind, kindness to others, a forgiving nature and tolerance of anger and irritation ? And if these are natural gifts the person already possesses, why would we want to deny this person's right to attribute them, unselfishly and humbly, to Christ?

Belief that makes us better people is hardly wilful ignorance and if it is, then one would wish the entire world were filled with such ignorance. The appearance of extra terrestrial beings on our planet might be met in some quarters by false adoration; in others with terror and in others, thanks to our technology, with a process of investigation. If one already has trust in Jesus, that trust will be mightily proved if such beings were to arrive. In the meantime, I think it is people like me who display vast ignorance; I can theorise about other dimensions and believe humans are nearer the bottom rather than the top of universal intelligence. But at night before I sleep I am met with ignorance. Someone who relies on Christ not only sleeps better but seems to display qualities I can only envy.

Pardon my irrelevance if this is irrelevant to the prescibed response.

tam
Savant

Post #46

Post by tam »

Peace again to you William,
William wrote: [Replying to post 42 by tam]
That in itself isn't the point though. I was saying how such an event would be seen in today's modern world.
And I am telling you that while some people might see things the way you posit, others would not.
It would not matter if actual winged angels appeared in the sky with Jesus leading the charge on a white stallion, such as depicted in Christian artworks taken from word-imagery in the bible.

People would simply assume some kind of technology was at play.
Some people might assume this, William. Others would not.

That would be the logical assumption to make and your belief that your 'Lord or other spirit beings' don't use superior technology but are naturally endowed speaks more to your own willful ignorance that any actual truth on the matter anyway.
And what knowledge do you have of these beings from another world (or realm), William? What knowledge do you have that you could possibly state (or know) if someone else is ignorant on this matter (much less willfully ignorant)?
Indeed, your belief in that being the case only makes it easier for such beings to convince you of their authenticity, and willingness to worship something which you expect would use natural means rather than technological.

I would not worship angels (spirit beings/seraphs), William. Those angels that serve Christ and God do not accept or demand worship of themselves.

And of course the point of the OP is not so much whether the talent is natural or assisted, but whether such talented beings should ever be worshiped as gods.
Your wording is interesting: "worshiped 'as' gods". This seems to make the point of your OP more about questioning whether such beings would actually be gods or be just technologically advanced beings.

You don't seem to have a problem with the idea of 'gods' being worshiped; only beings posing AS 'gods' who then demand worship.

So you should have no problem with the true God (the Creator) being worshiped. (Other spirit beings who are loyal to God also worship their Creator; serving and praising both God and His Son.)

Peace again to you,
tammy

William
Savant

Post #47

Post by William »

[Replying to post 45 by marco]
Pardon my irrelevance if this is irrelevant to the prescibed response.
As the OP heading suggests, the subject of the long awaited return of Jesus and the problems associated with this belief are in themselves created through the variety of Christian beliefs related to the stories attached to that promised event.
If one already has trust in Jesus, that trust will be mightily proved if such beings were to arrive.
That is indeed a major point of the OP. How is one to discern since it is a common theme with Christians that "Satan can appear as an angel of light" and even deceive people by pretending to be Jesus and GOD and the Holy Ghost. Indeed, this is a handy belief when faced with opposition to one's own particular beliefs, even when other people 'calling themselves Christians' are the deceivers and follow 'the false Christ'...this is the focus of the thread topic marco. ET/IDBs are not automatically to be regarded as 'mighty proof' that ones beliefs were well invested rather than based upon willful ignorance re personal expectations, etc.

What defines the true from the deceptive and is it nothing more or less than the demand for worship from that which calls itself our 'creator' and our 'god'?
In the meantime, I think it is people like me who display vast ignorance; I can theorise about other dimensions and believe humans are nearer the bottom rather than the top of universal intelligence. But at night before I sleep I am met with ignorance. Someone who relies on Christ not only sleeps better but seems to display qualities I can only envy.
Then what are you waiting for? Give yourself to The Christ and sleep easier. And won't your mum be well pleased!! :) (perhaps with the proviso that you choose the same Jesus as her. :)

As the OP points out, which 'Christ' is that you would give yourself to/worship?
Belief that makes us better people is hardly wilful ignorance and if it is, then one would wish the entire world were filled with such ignorance.
What is 'better people' marco. Are you under the impression that somehow tam is better than marco? It it really just a competition?

William
Savant

Post #48

Post by William »

[Replying to post 46 by tam]
And I am telling you that while some people might see things the way you posit, others would not.
I have not said otherwise. Indeed I have agreed with this. I have also pointed out that it would be difficult to know one way or the other, and that either way is not necessarily pointing to any truth.

How is one to know that - those alleged miracles attributed to Jesus - were not the product of scientific know-how and the use of advanced technology?
And what knowledge do you have of these beings from another world (or realm), William? What knowledge do you have that you could possibly state (or know) if someone else is ignorant on this matter (much less willfully ignorant)?
That is the point tam. I am ignorant because I do not know and do not assume. The reason I say your ignorance is willful is because it is based in faith that these beings created you and that you think they will not demand worship of you. The bible say differently, but you say you do not believe the bible about this, so whatever prompts you to believe what you do is based on faith in that.

The question is, why do you think your idea of Jesus and his return is any better than another's, who thinks differently?
What could you offer as a way of explanation for the OP scenario which explains the power of the beings regarding your belief that they are 'naturally endowed' rather than using technology, and why - for that matter - should the use of technology be a problem anyway - or a sign of foul play, other than what? That it would be, in your opinion - a sign that the beings are not gods?
I would not worship angels (spirit beings/seraphs), William. Those angels that serve Christ and God do not accept or demand worship of themselves.
Someone is going to sit on the throne, are they not tam? Christians expect it will be Jesus, a proxy example of a creator GOD titled (among other things) as 'The Father'. This is an outward image and if the being said he was Jesus and wanted your worship, would you oblige? That is the OP question, as well as "Why?"
Your wording is interesting: "worshiped 'as' gods". This seems to make the point of your OP more about questioning whether such beings would actually be gods or be just technologically advanced beings.
Yes tam. That is the nature of the thread question. Are we to say then that 'gods' can be technically advanced beings - ETs or IDEs - and as such, are they entitled to be worshiped as such?
If they do not demand to be worshiped, what is it they are pointing to which they do demand should be worshiped?
Should any GOD be worshiped and what exactly is worship, given Christians have offered a couple of opinions as to what they think the answer to that question is?

Isn't it better in such an ignorant situation to abstain from any kind of worship involving adoration of enthroned entities than to engage faith as a device in which to make it appropriate?
You don't seem to have a problem with the idea of 'gods' being worshiped; only beings posing AS 'gods' who then demand worship.
On the contrary. This is precisely the abrahamic dilemma. I would handle it differently.

My outlook is that any true GOD would never demand worship or claim to be my creator.

I would expect advanced beings to understand this and that they would never ask or otherwise demand my worship of them, either as a species, or as a representative of their species, such as their king.
So you should have no problem with the true God (the Creator) being worshiped. (Other spirit beings who are loyal to God also worship their Creator; serving and praising both God and His Son.)
Hopefully I have put you right in relation to my stance here tam. It is not something I would ever do. Only those who believe they were created, have the need to worship that creator - whatever or whoever they think their creator is.

tam
Savant

Post #49

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

Part 1

William wrote: [Replying to post 46 by tam]
I have not said otherwise. Indeed I have agreed with this.
Your words do not communicate this William:
I was saying how such an event would be seen in today's modern world. It would not matter if actual winged angels appeared in the sky with Jesus leading the charge on a white stallion, such as depicted in Christian artworks taken from word-imagery in the bible. People would simply assume some kind of technology was at play.

I have also pointed out that it would be difficult to know one way or the other, and that either way is not necessarily pointing to any truth.

How is one to know that - those alleged miracles attributed to Jesus - were not the product of scientific know-how and the use of advanced technology?
Scientific know-how covers far more topics than simply technology.

If one wanted to know if the miracles were a result of technology OR some other form of power (such as inherent power), then one could simply ask the One performing said miracles.

That is the point tam. I am ignorant because I do not know and do not assume.

Yes I think that was my point.

But just because you do not know something does not mean that no one does. I am not suggesting that I know anything (I do not). I just know the Person who does.
The reason I say your ignorance is willful is because it is based in faith that these beings created you and that you think they will not demand worship of you.

For the sake of accuracy (truth), God is the Creator - and He created everything through His Son. My faith in that is based upon evidence; upon what is heard; and also supported by what is written.

The bible say differently, but you say you do not believe the bible about this, so whatever prompts you to believe what you do is based on faith in that.
I am not sure what is prompting this comment. I quoted from the bible to show you that angels will not demand worship (at least not those angels that serve my Lord and His Father). From Revelation, when John went to worship at the feet of the angel showing him those things, and the angel said, "Do not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets and with those who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God." (Rev 22:9)
The question is, why do you think your idea of Jesus and his return is any better than another's, who thinks differently?
It does not matter what any of us think about such things. It matters what is true. Christ is the Truth and as it is HIS return... whatever He has said about His return is 'better' than what anyone else thinks about His return.

What could you offer as a way of explanation for the OP scenario which explains the power of the beings regarding your belief that they are 'naturally endowed' rather than using technology, and why - for that matter - should the use of technology be a problem anyway - or a sign of foul play, other than what? That it would be, in your opinion - a sign that the beings are not gods?
How could creation be a result of technology? Would not technology have had to be created first? In which case, technology would not have been required to create. In which case, creation came about from a power that existed before technology.

Inherent power, rather than created power.

Yes?

(this is a long post so I am splitting it into two at this point)

Peace again to you,
tammy

tam
Savant

Post #50

Post by tam »

[Replying to post 48 by William]

Part 2
Someone is going to sit on the throne, are they not tam?

God sits on His throne. Christ does as well. But Christ also shares His Kingdom with His Bride (those who belong to Him: men and women - not angels) who reign as kings and priests for a thousand years in that Kingdom.

He is still their King, of course.

Christians expect it will be Jesus, a proxy example of a creator GOD titled (among other things) as 'The Father'.
I am not sure exactly what you mean by 'proxy'. Christ is the mediator between man and God.

God is also not just 'titled' the Father, He is the Father. He is the Father of Christ. He is also the Father many adopted children - all who have been made sons by Christ via holy spirit (the blood/breath/seed of God).
This is an outward image and if the being said he was Jesus and wanted your worship, would you oblige? That is the OP question, as well as "Why?"
You might want to define what you mean by worship.

If you mean love, praise, kneel before, obey... then yes. Why? BECAUSE of love; because I love Him, because He loves me and acts/teaches for my/our good, because He deserves these things (He gave His life - twice - the first time at the creation of the world, and the second time to redeem us from death); because He has more than proven His love - for His Father, for His bride, and for creation. And because He is the RIGHTFUL heir of all things; God created all things FOR HIS SON.

Does that answer your question?

(prayer is reserved for God alone)

Yes tam. That is the nature of the thread question. Are we to say then that 'gods' can be technically advanced beings - ETs or IDEs - and as such, are they entitled to be worshiped as such?
Just because a being is technologically advanced, does not mean those beings are God or His Son.

Angels are not entitled to be worshiped as such (and those who serve God and His Son would not demand such a thing, see example above).
If they do not demand to be worshiped, what is it they are pointing to which they do demand should be worshiped?
God. Their God (and Creator) who is also our God.

Should any GOD be worshiped and what exactly is worship, given Christians have offered a couple of opinions as to what they think the answer to that question is?
Your question is about worship, so perhaps you should define what you mean?
Isn't it better in such an ignorant situation to abstain from any kind of worship involving adoration of enthroned entities than to engage faith as a device in which to make it appropriate?
I do not think we have the same definition of faith. Faith is not blind belief, based on no evidence. Faith is based upon evidence, based upon the things heard (That is why there are warnings against hardening one's heart against His voice).

On the contrary. This is precisely the abrahamic dilemma. I would handle it differently.

My outlook is that any true GOD would never demand worship or claim to be my creator.
What if He is your Creator? Are you suggesting that the true God would lie?
I would expect advanced beings to understand this and that they would never ask or otherwise demand my worship of them, either as a species, or as a representative of their species, such as their king.
Angels were also created by God and His Son. They are not equal to God or His Son, so one does not worship them by proxy simply because one worships God.

They also serve God (who is their God and our God).
Hopefully I have put you right in relation to my stance here tam. It is not something I would ever do. Only those who believe they were created, have the need to worship that creator - whatever or whoever they think their creator is.
You are free to do or not do as you choose. What if you were confronted with the knowledge that you have been wrong? What if you were confronted with the knowledge that you do indeed have a Creator?

Peace again to you,
tammy