Open and honest conversation

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

WPG12
Student

Open and honest conversation

Post #1

Post by WPG12 »

Open and honest conversation is something that just doesn't happen today.
Through conversation we find an exchange of thought, thoughts that can possibly make a person richer, spiritually speaking. What does happen today? Different groups try to trap each other with an argument, both sides just swing their own swords, instead of trying to understand the others argument. I think most people are guilty of it, one side would never buy what the other is selling. Open, honest conversation allows either side to or sell their own thoughts without trying to trap the other, or just swing a sword.

Spiritually speaking, buying or selling is conversation, open and honest conversation, where a different understanding is looked for, maybe a better understanding, maybe a worthless understanding that isn't worth a grain of salt.

The question s, could Revelations be true, has that mark already been issued? Are our thoughts, and works worth buying or selling?

Most people think in carnal terms, and think that mark is a physical thing, but could it be a spiritual mark? Pride possibly? A stiff neck, where we can't turn and look to see if we could be wrong? Pride, thinking our own thoughts are better than any others, could easily cause conversation to turn into a war, and cause nothing to be bought or sold, spiritually speaking.

WPG12
Student

Re: Open and honest conversation

Post #21

Post by WPG12 »

[Replying to post 20 by marco]

Quote:

How did they gain that understanding?

They put down their pride, that stiff neck, which does not allow me to turn and look, and looked at their own path.

To me that is a miraculous acquisition of knowledge

To me it's just somple humility, but I guess for some that would take a miracle.

marco
Savant

Post #22

Post by marco »

WPG12 wrote:
To me that is a miraculous acquisition of knowledge
To me it's just simple humility, but I guess for some that would take a miracle.
Touché.

My wonderment is over the situation of humility conferring knowledge. We have many humble people in the world but they are not, thereby, knowledgeable.

Perhaps you could clarify what you are suggesting. I may have misunderstood. You seem to be saying that to understand the various biblical statements and God's plan, all you've to do is bow down humbly and the understanding comes o you. Am I missing something?

WPG12
Student

Post #23

Post by WPG12 »

[Replying to post 22 by marco]

Like I said, pride is a stiff neck and the inablilty to look at one's own path
The opposite of that is humility, the ability to turn and look. Most people cannot turn and look at their own path, because they may see just how dirty their own feet are, because they aren't even on the path that Christ laid out for us.

Who said it better than Johnny cash?

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine, because you're mine I walk the line.

It's always right there in front of us, we just do not pay attention we don't care to walk the line Jesus gave, because men don't care to take the road less travelled.