Inversion

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Inversion

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

As a Christian I have always believed in inversion. This is the idea of the weak made strong, the first shall be last. And I believe it not as wishful thinking but as reality and I look for it.

For instance:

Markets are a great example. Each person pursues their own greed and yet to do so the winner is the one that serves people the best.

Medicine in many cases is taking something that will hurt you in order to prevent something worse from hurting you.

I know many Christians get frustrated because we often don't understand why our opponents don't see reality but isn't inversion the problem. The world testifies to strength and power and corruption so they think that is God.

How could Jesus be God the saviour if you don't see the process of inversion in everything?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Post #2

Post by Wootah »

Strong borders make strong friends.

Walk softly but carry a big stick.

Dying to defeat death (see medicine for a practical example).

Live for nothing vs die for something.

Jesus is the stumbling stone for the proud and also the foundation stone for the humble.

Pivots and pulleys.

People that tey to save the world save no one but people that try to save the one can save the world.

I might move this list to my own member notes area.

Nuclear energy from breaking atoms.

Welfare creates poverty.

Individual rights trump group rights.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Post #3

Post by Wootah »

Abortion is a woman's right, more girls are aborted than boys.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #4

Post by Bust Nak »

Intolerant to intolerance?

Fight for peace?

Wootah
Savant

Post #5

Post by Wootah »

Bust Nak wrote: Intolerant to intolerance?

Fight for peace?
I understand fight for peace - a good addition.

Also the ones preaching tolerance are often the most intolerant. Is that what you meant?

Wootah
Savant

Post #6

Post by Wootah »

Minimum wage kills jobs and opportunities rather than providing.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by Goat »

Wootah wrote: Minimum wage kills jobs and opportunities rather than providing.
That is what the very rich want you to believe.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Wootah
Savant

Post #8

Post by Wootah »

Goat wrote:
Honestly, it's the very rich that probably have the most time to think. Second, would you listen to a poor persons advice or a rich persons?

If Serena Williams or I offered you tennis coaching who would you listen to?

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #9

Post by Bust Nak »

Wootah wrote: Also the ones preaching tolerance are often the most intolerant. Is that what you meant?
Kinda, but only intolerant for the sake of tolerance. Much like fighting for peace.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by Goat »

Wootah wrote:
Goat wrote:
Honestly, it's the very rich that probably have the most time to think. Second, would you listen to a poor persons advice or a rich persons?

If Serena Williams or I offered you tennis coaching who would you listen to?

Should you believe someone who wants to sell you a bridge?
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella