Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

The Mud-Man & His Rib-Woman

Post #1

Post by StuartJ »

Yahweh Elohim (Kurios Theos/Lord God) in contradiction of Genesis 1, created a human male from mud, as the first living creature (not the last).

After failing to find a suitable good helper for the mud-man by creating animals from mud, the not-so-omniscient mythological Jewish deity then created the planet's first human female from one of the mud-man's ribs.

Can this be put up against evolutionary science?

bluethread
Savant

Post #71

Post by bluethread »

Clownboat wrote:
My argument is that theism is not a requirement for those things.
You failed to argue against this point, therefore it still stands.
That may have been what you meant, but you said, "Since there are atheists with morality and good values, theism is not a basis for such things." The sentence says that one can not base morality on theism. This is not true. For that sentence to communicate your argument it should be, ". . . theism is not the only basis for such things".

Inigo Montoya
Guru

Post #72

Post by Inigo Montoya »

[Replying to post 71 by bluethread]

Ok, theism is not the only basis for such things.

You agree?

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Post #73

Post by StuartJ »

I haven't checked here for a while, but I haven't seen anyone demonstrate that the mud-man and his rib-woman are anything more than creation mythology.

I haven't seen anyone demonstrate that this creation mythology can be put up against any of the sciences and compared in any way as being equivalent or even superior.

I haven't seen anyone stand up for it as the "Word of God" either.
No one EVER demonstrates that "God" exists outside their parietal cortex.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #74

Post by Clownboat »

StuartJ wrote: I haven't checked here for a while, but I haven't seen anyone demonstrate that the mud-man and his rib-woman are anything more than creation mythology.

I haven't seen anyone demonstrate that this creation mythology can be put up against any of the sciences and compared in any way as being equivalent or even superior.

I haven't seen anyone stand up for it as the "Word of God" either.
Of course they are mythology!

Just ask the Aboriginals:
The indigenous people of Australia told a story of how when everything on Earth was asleep, the Father of All Spirits was the only one awake and woke the Sun Mother. He commanded her to go down and give the spirits of the Earth forms. She woke the plants, insects, caves, and everything on the Earth until it was finished. The Father of All Spirits was pleased with the Sun Mother’s work. Later, the Sun Mother gave birth to two children, the Morning Star, and the moon. Those two gave birth to the children that later became humanity’s ancestors.

Or you can ask the ancient Egyptians:
In the beginning, only a chaotic water existed they called Nun. The sun god Ra appeared from a lotus flower and gave light to the universe. Ra created Shu, the air god, and Tefnut, the goddess of moisture. Those two gave birth to the sky goddess Nut and the earth god Geb. From them, the physical universe was formed.

I suppose we could ask the Mayans:
In Mayan culture, Tepeu the maker and Gucumatz the feathered spirit created the world with their thoughts. They created beings to look after their creation. First, they made animals of the sky and land but needed a being that could properly communicate, so they made man. They made him out of clay, but he crumbled apart. Then, they tried making him out of wood but he was empty-headed and hearted. Finally, they made men out of corn, and these men were empathetic and intelligent.

Or the Ainu people:
The world was created when oil from the ocean rose up as a flame to the sky. What was left was land, and the vapor created two gods descending on five-colored clouds. Out of these two gods and their colorful clouds, the Earth, including the plants and animals, and other gods were formed.

Or the ancient Polynesians:
This Polynesian creation myth says the world emerged from a shell. When the shell slowly opened, light came inside. The top of the shell became Rangi, or sky, and the bottom Papa, earth. Rangi and Papa loved each other and gave birth to 70 powerful gods that helped in creating the world as it is today.

Surely we can trust the ancient Chinese:
Pangu was the first man who came out of chaos with two horns, two tusks, and a hairy body. He separated the seas, put the mountains in their place, and gave the Earth its form using a powerful knowledge of yingyang.

Surely the Proto-Indo-European's would know:
In this myth, a primordial being is sacrificed, killed, and dismembered. Its body parts are used to create the universe. This being’s name is different in all societies. For instance, in Old Norse myth, this being is called Ymir.

If not, perhaps the Cherokee:
For the Cherokee, the Earth was a mere island floating in a big ocean. It hung from four cords and the sky formed the ground, but the darkness made it impossible for the animals to see, so the sun appeared to help them find their way. There were seven days and seven nights and God instructed the animals to stay awake. Some still fell asleep, but those who stayed awake, God gave the ability to see in the dark.

If we can't trust these, there are many more:
https://list25.com/25-creation-stories- ... e-world/2/

Logically, since man has created god concepts since ancient times, some of them will survive better than others. This makes them survivors, not non-myths.

The pride it must take to ignore all creation myths, for another and to then claim it as truth.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb