Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Inigo Montoya
Guru

H2H With Willam

Post #1

Post by Inigo Montoya »

So... Hi everyone.

For reasons known only to William, he is insisting I make public the invitation to a head to head right here in General Discussion.

I've proposed one of his mantras, "God and consciousness are the same thing."

I haven't actually gotten any feedback apart from the insistence I put the format and topic negotiations here.

I don't get it. You don't get it. But consider it done.

What say you WillIAm?

William
Savant

Re: H2H With Willam

Post #2

Post by William »

[Replying to post 1 by Inigo Montoya]
For reasons known only to William, he is insisting I make public the invitation to a head to head right here in General Discussion.
The reason was told to you when you PM'd me Inigo. Am I to expect more of the same kind of thing from you?

I mean really? Why did you not just open the thread without that pointless and untruthful preamble?

How about you take a moment to set the record strait and then lets get down to business?

Inigo Montoya
Guru

Post #3

Post by Inigo Montoya »

[Replying to post 2 by William]

What are you on about?

I invite you to a head to head. You tell me let's leave this out of the thread we were occupying. Then had an issue about PM'ing, wanting everything public. I took that to mean even the setting up of the H2H.

It's too early for silliness. Will you be participating in a h2h with me or not?

Inigo Montoya
Guru

Post #4

Post by Inigo Montoya »

[Replying to post 2 by William]

Wait, wait.

You are aware there's a separate H2H sub forum, yes?

Your response indicates you expected some generic thread for all to participate in.

William
Savant

Post #5

Post by William »

[Replying to post 3 by Inigo Montoya]
What are you on about?
You said to the reader that you had no idea why I wanted this interaction left in the public domain rather than PMing.

I told you why in PM.

We both know that, but here you are pretending that I am the only one who knows why.

Also, I made it clear that this thread would be to flesh out exactly what you are wanting from me, and I from you, before any decision is made to continue on to h2h.

This looks like it needs to be further discussed elsewhere Inigo...prior to being taken to the h2h sector. A preliminary thread where you and I can discuss the details outside this particular thread...I will leave it to you to sort where this will take place - you can start that thread...maybe in the general chat section?

Inigo Montoya
Guru

Post #6

Post by Inigo Montoya »

[Replying to post 5 by William]

Ok, if I'm following you then here we are. In the thread to hash out the details. I've offered one topic for consideration. Yeah or nay?

William
Savant

Post #7

Post by William »

[Replying to post 6 by Inigo Montoya]
I've offered one topic for consideration.
Yes you have...You want to called the topic;
"God and consciousness are the same thing."
Yeah or nay?
Undecided.

Your challenge is instigated from what I wrote in the other thread - post#54

Your claim about that post was that it was "gobbledygook and wishful thinking" to which I replied that your claim was not verified and was more "a matter of mere convenience to state such, but takes nothing away from what I wrote. All it really is, is a method of avoidance."

to which you replied;

"Let's do the opposite of avoidance and get that h2h going" and;

"I'd be delighted to debate conscious planets and astral planes and first source consciousnesses."

and

"See if we can sort the science from the woo, eh?"

My first question has to be;

Q: Please define 'woo'.

Inigo Montoya
Guru

Post #8

Post by Inigo Montoya »

[Replying to post 7 by William]

Let me know when you've decided.

It's strange enough we have a thread going talking about a potential debate. I won't add to the strangeness by going off on some tangent about definitions. It's a side bar and irrelevant, unless you want to make it the topic of debate.

If you're genuinely asking, watch ten minutes of Deepak Chopra rattling on.

I'm interested in a H2H. Not a preliminary bickering over what means what thread.

If you don't like my suggestion for the topic, provide one.

William
Savant

Post #9

Post by William »

[Replying to post 8 by Inigo Montoya]

Oh so you are happy to make comments which prompted you to challenge me to a h2h but are complaining about this preliminary element in which one can ascertain the sensibility of those comments in order that one can then decide whether there is any point in proceeding to h2h!

Haste is often waste Inigo. Regarding this preliminary thread, its purpose (for me at least) was to establish whether it is worthwhile proceeding to h2h, and so far all I can say is that I am not convinced.

I predict that you will have no scientific evidence to present which would debunk my interpretations as mapped out in post#54 which prompted you to get galloping upon your high horse and make the challenge, and there will just be the same old same old, which can be administered in practically any debate topic on this site, without the additional requirement of an h2h thread.

Simple put. You didn't do it then, you are unlikely to do it in h2h. I decline your challenge on the grounds that it will likely be a waste of time and is largely just an exercise in ego-stroking.

Inigo Montoya
Guru

Post #10

Post by Inigo Montoya »

Oh so you are happy to make comments which prompted you to challenge me to a h2h but are complaining about this preliminary element in which one can ascertain the sensibility of those comments in order that one can then decide whether there is any point in proceeding to h2h!
Let's not get it twisted. No comment that I made prompted any challenge. It's the comments you make, and have made for your entire posting career that has had me invite you more than once to defend some of your..notions. I've never in my years here seen a thread where two posters decide whether or not to engage in H2H. It's not interesting to anyone else, and just takes up space. It's exactly why private messaging exists. Who wants to hear any of this part?

Haste is often waste Inigo. Regarding this preliminary thread, its purpose (for me at least) was to establish whether it is worthwhile proceeding to h2h, and so far all I can say is that I am not convinced

You're free to insist the warm up is public, but I can't imagine what's being accomplished here that couldn't have been done via PM. We're hogging up bandwidth for no reason here.
I predict that you will have no scientific evidence to present which would debunk my interpretations as mapped out in post#54 which prompted you to get galloping upon your high horse and make the challenge, and there will just be the same old same old, which can be administered in practically any debate topic on this site, without the additional requirement of an h2h thread.
This is exceedingly bizarre. In an attempt to get you to engage in a H2H with a topic as yet undecided, you've tossed out a weirdly specific post that's supposed to serve as the topic.

Simple put. You didn't do it then, you are unlikely to do it in h2h. I decline your challenge on the grounds that it will likely be a waste of time and is largely just an exercise in ego-stroking.
This is just oddly mis-aimed bluster. But if you decline, you decline. Know that you declined without ever having a topic for a H2H, and that you seemed to just pick the most recent exchange as the intended engagement.

Holler if you wanna try again in a way that makes sense.