Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

ivysunday
Sage

The Ways which Meet Life’s Needs

Post #1

Post by ivysunday »

Xuefeng

(Translated by Transn and Edited by Kaer)

The American psychologist Abraham Maslow believed that human Life has six major needs: physiological, safety, love and belonging, self-esteem, self-actualization, and self-transcendence. To be specific, Life needs food, water, air, sex, sleep, safety, resources, health, medical care, assurance of having a job, family affection, friendship, love, self-esteem, social status, confidence, a sense of achievement, morality, skills, creativity, and so on. Meanwhile, Maslow also argued that human needs are hierarchical and that they will be fulfilled at each level, from bottom up. That is to say, fulfilling the physiological needs comes first, then the safety needs, and so on, and the self-transcendence efforts can only be made after self-actualization.

For me, Xuefeng, my Life needs are as follows: a room with a bed, a desk, and a chair, three suits of clothes and two pairs of shoes, two meals with plain tea and simple food each day, being surrounded by like-minded people who share the same resonance of consciousness, being busy every day, having a clean, orderly, and beautiful environment, sharing everything with everyone, doing everything willingly but nothing compulsorily, peace, harmony, warmth, health; realizing my dreams and ideals, understanding LIFE and time and space, and knowing the destination ahead and the realm that LIFE can reach.

How does one realize this ideal of needs? Maslow listed them from the bottom up but I do from the top down. I have found that in Tao, virtue, benevolence, righteousness, courtesy, wisdom, credibility, achievements, sorcery, and magical art, only when there is Tao, everything else can be met. If we start from the bottom level and first pursue magical art, then one can never reach the realm of Tao because life is too short and when we have fulfilled all our needs at the lower levels, we would have neither the time nor the energy to pursue Tao. Thus, we have to first clarify Life’s road ahead and the realm to which LIFE wants to take us. Once this key issue is resolved, the others will readily be.

I used to be obsessed with making money. I built my own company, and at one time I had four stores, a nightclub, a bar, a fast-food restaurant, and also leased a dancing hall, a restaurant, and a barber shop. My annual net income reached hundreds of thousands ¥RMB. Later, I miraculously survived a car accident and began to understand things differently. I found that people had unexpected good or bad fortune and that LIFE is vulnerable. If you do not first understand Life’s value, purpose, and meaning, and the principles and mysteries of LIFE, then no matter how you live, your life will be blind and you can never fulfill your Life’s needs. I then gave up my businesses and immersed myself into studying the meanings of Life and LIFE, and from there, I developed the theories of first fulfilling the top level needs and to gradually fulfil the needs of the lower levels in a natural order.

Today, I have fulfilled all the levels and have achieved my Life’s needs, though this would be extremely difficult for even a president or a billionaire to do. Now, what else do I need? I only need one thing - to have fun. I do whatever is fun. The desire to enjoy the finest food, clothing, accommodation and travel, birth, senility, illness and death, fame and wealth, and leaving a lasting reputation are out of my mentality.

Everyone who has communicated with me has benefited from me, so I think that becoming a guide to Life and LIFE is not only appropriate, but is also assumed.