Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Satan in the World Today

Post #1

Post by StuartJ »

The Devil is an actual person rather than a concept, Pope Francis has claimed. Satan is smart and should not be argued with, the Pontiff told TV2000, a Catholic broadcasting network. "This is evil, it is not a diffuse concept, it's a person," he said.

(https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 10621.html)

And according to Pastor John: "The extent of Satan’s influence is global; it covers all nations".

(https://www.desiringgod.org/interviews/ ... tive-today)

Could it be that Satan has entered the hearts of we Atheists ...?

Could it be the global influence of the smart, evil person known as Satan that drives us to battle the truth of the Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ ...?

Are we to blame ... can we shift responsibility ...?
No one EVER demonstrates that "God" exists outside their parietal cortex.

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Post #51

Post by StuartJ »

Christian Bale thanks Satan for his Golden Globes win
https://www.christiantoday.com/article/ ... 131408.htm

Could Satan have really done this ...?

Do Christians still believe Satan is real ...?

Do certain Christians sweep Satan under the altar with all the other stuff they know to be make-believe ...?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Satan in the World Today

Post #52

Post by ttruscott »

StuartJ wrote: The Devil is an actual person rather than a concept, Pope Francis has claimed. Satan is smart and should not be argued with, the Pontiff told TV2000, a Catholic broadcasting network. "This is evil, it is not a diffuse concept, it's a person," he said.

(https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 10621.html)

And according to Pastor John: "The extent of Satan’s influence is global; it covers all nations".

(https://www.desiringgod.org/interviews/ ... tive-today)

Could it be the global influence of the smart, evil person known as Satan that drives us to battle the truth of the Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ ...?

I'm sorry but you may not know that Christians, as I understand it, are not allowed on this forum to claim, that anyone is sinful or a satanist or inhabited by Satan, even as only a claim made in the bible...
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #53

Post by ttruscott »

Willum wrote:
Too easy.
1. He was created by God, and God doesn't exist, so he does not exist.
2. He is immortal and immortality is impossible.
3. He and demons were supposed to breed with humans to create nephilim, but interspecies breeding is impossible.
4. He cannot change his mind. That is impossible.
5. The Earth has not fallen to his persuasion, and given his alleged powers, that is also impossible.
6. The troubles of the world are caused by people.
7. Many more I haven't thought of...
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Post #54

Post by StuartJ »

[Replying to post 52 by ttruscott]

It's the Satan character as another item of Christian make-believe I'm discussing.

Savant

Post #55

Post by 1213 »

StuartJ wrote: ...

I think people are always responsible of their own actions. But does Satan lead you, or other atheists, I think it can be seen from what/who you serve with your actions, or by what rules you, fear or love? Satan is the “father of lies�, if you lie, you serve the “father of lies�.

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Post #56

Post by StuartJ »

1213 wrote:
StuartJ wrote: ...

I think people are always responsible of their own actions. But does Satan lead you, or other atheists, I think it can be seen from what/who you serve with your actions, or by what rules you, fear or love? Satan is the “father of lies�, if you lie, you serve the “father of lies�.
I have seen certain professing Christians lie for Jesus - especially through omission.

It appears you believe Satan to be real.