Banned
Banned

The Rabbi Deceivers of Christianity

Post #1

Post by TLIG »

Matthew
Chapter 23

But be not ye called Rabbi:
for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

All them Christians (in name only) that you see
with your own two eyes and hear with you own two ears
who call themselves Rabbi and insist that you also with them
disobey the written word of God and call them Rabbi...

Other than calling Jesus Rabbi
according to the written word of God
all these people are in disobedience to the
commandment of Jesus Christ.

True or false?

showme
Sage

Re: The Rabbi Deceivers of Christianity

Post #2

Post by showme »

[Replying to post 1 by TLIG]

A little misleading. Rabbi means teacher. The false prophet Paul appointed teachers and master/leaders to teach his false gospel of grace. For the daughter of Babylon, the "Christian" church, it is perfect good and well to call your leaders, leaders, and your masters, masters/bishops. Now as for the followers of the teachings of Yeshua, it would be inappropriate.

marco
Savant

Post #3

Post by marco »

TLIG wrote:

True or false?

Oscar Wilde handled the paradox and the outrageous pronouncement better than poor Matthew. I believe one is not to be called father either, since God has usurped that title.

There is an element of stupidity in vetoing the use of rabbi: it is meant to raise Christ to Olympian heights. Call no one Jesus would be another prohibition but that would mean some famous footballers would stay nameless.

Verses like this are best ignored if one is to give the gospels any credibility.

bluethread
Savant

Post #4

Post by bluethread »

marco wrote:
Verses like this are best ignored if one is to give the gospels any credibility.
Ignoring such verses is what leads to the heresy of replacement theology. What one needs t do is look at them in the proper cultural context. What Yeshua is referring to is the rabbinic practice of establishing divisive rabbinic traditions. Paul refers to this when he says, (1 Cor. 1:12) "What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul�; another, “I follow Apollos�; another, “I follow Cephas �; still another, “I follow Christ.� "

marco
Savant

Post #5

Post by marco »

bluethread wrote:
marco wrote:
Ignoring such verses is what leads to the heresy of replacement theology. What one needs t do is look at them in the proper cultural context. What Yeshua is referring to is the rabbinic practice of establishing divisive rabbinic traditions. Paul refers to this when he says, (1 Cor. 1:12) "What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul�; another, “I follow Apollos�; another, “I follow Cephas �; still another, “I follow Christ.� "

Yes, that is absolutely clear. However, it is not what the verse being examined states. If a teacher (or Rabbi, indeed) cannot express himself comprehensibly, then perhaps he should defer to someone who can. Condemning all people for calling themselves teachers is both arrogant and silly.

bluethread
Savant

Post #6

Post by bluethread »

marco wrote:
Yes, that is absolutely clear. However, it is not what the verse being examined states. If a teacher (or Rabbi, indeed) cannot express himself comprehensibly, then perhaps he should defer to someone who can. Condemning all people for calling themselves teachers is both arrogant and silly.

Well, maybe we should look at the actual "verse". The OP does not provide a verse, but summarizes a chapter with commentary. What specific verse or verses in Mt. 23 are you saying are "arrogant and silly".

TLIG
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by TLIG »

showme wrote: [Replying to post 1 by TLIG]

A little misleading. Rabbi means teacher. The false prophet Paul appointed teachers and master/leaders to teach his false gospel of grace. For the daughter of Babylon, the "Christian" church, it is perfect good and well to call your leaders, leaders, and your masters, masters/bishops. Now as for the followers of the teachings of Yeshua, it would be inappropriate.
Which one of these is the lie?

A.

B.
But be not ye called Teacher:

TLIG
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by TLIG »

bluethread wrote:
marco wrote:

Well, maybe we should look at the actual "verse". The OP does not provide a verse, but summarizes a chapter with commentary. What specific verse or verses in Mt. 23 are you saying are "arrogant and silly".
Matthew 23:8
for one is your Master, even Christ;
and all ye are brethren.

TLIG
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by TLIG »

You cannot defeat the truth

in the Spirit of truth.

You will lose every time.

TLIG
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by TLIG »

marco wrote:
TLIG wrote:

True or false?
They do ignore it.

And many many many other commandments of Jesus Christ as well.

The only people who give a lie any creditability are liars.