Members are refusing to answer questions.

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Jagella
Banned
Banned

Members are refusing to answer questions.

Post #1

Post by Jagella »

I understand that in the apologetics subsection of this forum we are to include a question for debate if we start a new thread. I always post a question for debate in all of my OPs. The problem I encounter so often is that many if not most of the people who reply to the OP refuse to answer the question for debate. For that matter, many members refuse to answer any of my questions.

So I propose that the moderators crack down on the practice of dodging the question for debate.

Jagella
Banned
Banned

Post #11

Post by Jagella »

Wootah wrote:I find some solace in the fact that God notices everything.
If he would do something about the question dodging, then maybe I wouldn't be such an atheist.

But Jesus dodged questions too. Consider Matthew 22:17-19 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV):
"...Tell us, then, what you think. Is it lawful to pay taxes to the emperor, or not?� But Jesus, aware of their malice, said, “Why are you putting me to the test, you hypocrites?"
So question-dodging is an age-old tradition in Christianity.

Peds nurse
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by Peds nurse »

Jagella wrote:But I remember you telling me you were too busy to address some issues I raised and then were engaging in debate on other threads.
That doesn't mean I was dodging a question, it means that I didn't reply for the amount of time I had available. Some questions take more time to clarify and answer than others do.
It would be VERY difficult to enforce someone to answer questions, both for moderators as well as the people who happen to enjoy the forum.
Jagella wrote:I'm not sure why asking members to answer questions would be so difficult. I've seen many live debates in which the interlocutors ask questions and the moderator intervenes to make sure those questions are answered properly.
I understand your point, I really do. It is difficult to progress in debate when no one answers you, but neither can you enforce the issue. Like Otseng said, the moderators are already busy enough, so adding that to their plate wouldn't be exactly fair, since their time is voluntary.

Carry on, and I thank you for taking time to address my post!

Jagella
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by Jagella »

otseng wrote: Do you think we get paid to do this? All the mods here are on a volunteer basis. There's no way we'd have the time or energy or motivation or even ability to make sure people answer questions correctly. Simply enforcing the rules we have in place is a hard enough job.
I'm just asking a question. I assumed this Comments, Suggestions, and Questions subsection is for asking questions. It appears that questions are anathema in this forum. :(

otseng
Savant

Post #14

Post by otseng »

Jagella wrote:
otseng wrote: Do you think we get paid to do this? All the mods here are on a volunteer basis. There's no way we'd have the time or energy or motivation or even ability to make sure people answer questions correctly. Simply enforcing the rules we have in place is a hard enough job.
I'm just asking a question. I assumed this Comments, Suggestions, and Questions subsection is for asking questions. It appears that questions are anathema in this forum. :(
Sorry if it appeared I'm jumping on you for simply asking a question. That was not the intention.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #15

Post by ttruscott »

OnceConvinced wrote: Is there a rule that states all questions must be answered?
No there is not and neither is there a rule that anyone must answer condescending and snide* 'questions' that often seems to be merely a disguised superior attitude instructing gullible and deficient people...

Nor is there any rule that sophist quibbling over the minutiae of meaning of one word over another in support of a clear straw man stubbornness need be addressed...Swine, dust and sandals time.

*snide; derogatory or mocking in an indirect way.
synonyms: disparaging, derogatory, deprecating, deprecatory, denigratory, insulting, vituperative, disapproving, contemptuous;

Questions are ingnored for lots of reasons....
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.