Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Donray
Guru

KINDS and ADAPTATION

Post #1

Post by Donray »

EarthScienceguy wrote:

I believe in adaptation not evolution. Adaptation says that organisms change because of heredity not mutations.

God created kinds of animals. So yes He only created one species of humans.

In another topic when I asked EarthScienceguy what he believed instead of evolution he wrote back the above. I asked him several times to explin his theory and he incapable of explanation and debate of his theory.
I would like to find from any Christians that believes like EarthScienceguy something about this belief and some proof using known fossils and how these fit in.
How do you explain Homo neanderthalensis (the Neanderthal) and The Denisovans that both had sex with modern humans? If you are from Europe for your background you have some Neanderthal DNA.

Since this theory uses “kinds of animals� that a lot of creationist do could someone list all the kinds that were on the ark and then the list of animals, insects, bacteria, etc that these kinds adapted into. Are you with a lot of the undereducated people that think the world is less then 10K years old?

What is adaptation and not evolution? Does it have anything to due with DNA changing? Could someone point out all the articles that support this theory? I would hope that there is a list of science articles that shows your science of adaptation of kinds on the ARK to all the diversity we have.

I would like to have a debate on this theory since Christians like to debate evolution we should have this debate also.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #141

Post by Bust Nak »

Still small wrote: The fact that life is more than just a series of chemical and physical processes.
How is this a fact?
Hence the reason why, throughout the entire history of biological science not once has it been observed that life has come from non-life.
But we've already made synthetic cells. That should be more than enough to show that life is exactly a series of chemical and physical processes.
When does one accept that somethings cannot be explained by science because they are beyond the scope of science?
Never.
When does one stop trying to prove that 1+1=3 is possible?
When one can demonstrate that 1+1 does not in fact equal 3. I can demonstrate that much. Can you do the same for abiogenesis?
There are no natural explanations for the very existence of matter, non-living or living.
We are working on it.

Donray
Guru

Post #142

Post by Donray »

Still Small: Could you explain the process that your sky god used to create life from mud? Also while you are at it please explin how it created a woman from a rib and why man does not have one less rib?

You don't seem like your a capable of answering questions about your beliefs.

Donray
Guru

Post #143

Post by Donray »

I don't understand why the religious people cannot answer questions about there religious beliefs. They can offer no proofs that a god exists

The best they come up with is "My god works in mysterious ways that no one can understand and therefore I cannot be expected to explain."

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #144

Post by rikuoamero »

[Replying to post 139 by Still small]
The fact that life is more than just a series of chemical and physical processes.
Hence the reason why, throughout the entire history of biological science not once has it been observed that life has come from non-life.
Are you of the FtK school of debating where, whenever this phrase is said by you, you in fact mean sentience/consciousness? If so, please be clear about that. Otherwise, you're guilty of an equivocation fallacy, where you shift the meaning of your words and don't make it clear.
Are you aware that there are life-forms that, as far as we're able to determine, are NOT sentient/conscious? A single bacterial cell dividing is an example of life from non-life, it uses the same atomic building blocks as pretty much everything else in the universe.
Life has only ever come from life, no exceptions to this Law of Biogenesis.
This would disqualify your God then from being the originator of life, unless you're again doing an equivocation fallacy. If you're not, please explain how your God is a life form just like us humans, or dogs or cats or trees etc.
Whilst some, like yourself, believe[strike] and hope[/strike] that it will eventually be possible to produce life from non-life, that doesn’t make it true or possible.
Fixed that for you. I have no emotional attachment to the possibility of one day making life from non-life.
Anyway...you're again avoiding the question. How is it NOT possible?
All observations so far are to the contrary. At what point, if it can never be achieved, do you give up your belief?
Have you seen your God create life? Seen your God resurrect Jesus? Shouldn't those two things apply to you then, and shouldn't you then be consistent?
just a case of ‘Naturalistic Magic’?
This is a contradiction in terms, just like "married bachelor". If something is naturalistic, it then follows a set of rules/laws, even if we have yet to discover them. Magic doesn't. A teenage boy waving a thin wooden stick, saying "Lumos" and light appearing on the end of that stick is a violation of naturalism, since there is no source for that light. There's no electrical current running to a filament, or anything of the sort.
Beyond the ‘physical’ and therefore, by definition, the ‘metaphysical’. When does one stop trying to prove that 1+1=3 is possible?
Who here is attempting to prove 1+1=3? Wouldn't that be your crowd, who (at least some of them) say there's one God, but there's three of them? 1=1+1+1?
One cannot just say “well it’s here, so it must have happened naturally� because one of the most puzzling questions of science is ‘why is there something rather than nothing?’ There are no natural explanations for the very existence of matter, non-living or living.
So why is it you think you have the answer to this biggest question of all?

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #145

Post by rikuoamero »

Bust Nak wrote:
EarthScienceguy wrote: Even though any computer programer knows that randomly changing code in a computer program does not produce a new program but simply destroys the program that existed before.
BUZZZZZ, any computer programmer who has kept up to date with computer science will tell you otherwise. Evolutionary algorithm is a thing.
Heck, I did what ESG mentions here as a kid. I cheated in my PC games by using memory hacking - I ran a program that froze the code that determines the health of my character, thus making me invincible. Or I ran a program that altered the amount of money I had to an absurd level, thus enabling me to buy the best weapons and armour right from the start of the game.
Strangely enough, only on very rare occassions did my game crash.

Oh wait - ESG said "randomly". He's of the mind that "randomly" means "automatically destructive". No, it's not. Think of a Jenga tower, ESG, ever play that game? Pull a brick at random. Will EVERY random pull cause the tower to fall?

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

Still small
Apprentice

Post #146

Post by Still small »

Bust Nak wrote:
Still small wrote: The fact that life is more than just a series of chemical and physical processes.
How is this a fact?
But we've already made synthetic cells. That should be more than enough to show that life is exactly a series of chemical and physical processes.
When does one accept that somethings cannot be explained by science because they are beyond the scope of science?
Never.
When does one stop trying to prove that 1+1=3 is possible?
When one can demonstrate that 1+1 does not in fact equal 3. I can demonstrate that much. Can you do the same for abiogenesis?
There are no natural explanations for the very existence of matter, non-living or living.
We are working on it.
Gee, I didn’t realise that you were a person of such strong faith. Misguided and misdirected maybe but faith, none the less.

Have a good day!
Still small

Still small
Apprentice

Post #147

Post by Still small »

Donray wrote: Still Small: Could you explain the process that your sky god used to create life from mud?
No I can’t , not yet, nor could I explain quantum theory to you so that a six year old can understand it (Einstein’s standard for understanding). But that doesn’t mean it’s not possible. Can you explain the existence of the singularity, a point where/when all the laws of physics breakdown? Can you explain what makes up dark matter and/or dark energy?
Also while you are at it please explin how it created a woman from a rib…
Once again, no I can’t, not yet.
… and why man does not have one less rib?
Why should man ‘have one less rib’? If you were to donate a kidney, would that result in all your offspring having only one kidney? Adam would have had ‘one less rib’ but that would not be passed on, genetically.
You don't seem like your a capable of answering questions about your beliefs.
You don’t seem capable of reading, let alone understanding my replies?
Donray wrote: I don't understand why the religious people cannot answer questions about there religious beliefs. They can offer no proofs that a god exists

The best they come up with is "My god works in mysterious ways that no one can understand and therefore I cannot be expected to explain."
Once again, I direct your attention to -
“Post #12"
And, once again, I recommend you actually read it before replying. Also, please note the last paragraph of that reply.

Have a good day!
Still small

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #148

Post by rikuoamero »

[Replying to post 146 by Still small]
No I can’t , not yet,
drums fingers on table
Whilst some, like yourself, believe and hope that it will eventually be possible to produce life from non-life, that doesn’t make it true or possible. All observations so far are to the contrary. At what point, if it can never be achieved, do you give up your belief?

marco
Savant

Post #149

Post by marco »

Still small wrote:

Gee, I didn’t realise that you were a person of such strong faith. Misguided and misdirected maybe but faith, none the less.
Moderator Comment

You should address what has been posted not make comments about the poster.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

EarthScienceguy
Guru

Post #150

Post by EarthScienceguy »

[Replying to post 138 by Bust Nak]
BUZZZZZ, any computer programmer who has kept up to date with computer science will tell you otherwise. Evolutionary algorithm is a thing.

Haaaaaaaaaa! Oh my. Keep trying. You crack me up.

The name Evolutionary algorithm. Algorithm. An algorithm is a process or set of rules to be followed in calculations or other problem-solving operations, especially by a computer.

An evolutionary algorithm is following a set of rules to change the conditions in the program. Let me randomly change some code in that evolutionary algorithm of yours and I am sure in no time at all that it will not be working.

I wish that you could randomly change code and make some new program. It would be a whole lot easier than writing it.