Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Empire of the Cross - Global Conspiracy Fact

Post #1

Post by StuartJ »

Christianity never made a secret of the ambition to take over the world as the Universal (Catholic) religion.

Once Christianity gained the monopoly on religion in the Roman Empire, there began the systematic extermination of indigenous cultures.

The European empires continued the loving tradition as Christian missionaries followed the soldiers and spread across the planet like ecclesiastic Daleks.

Unless you are Jewish, Christianity is not your native religion.

Christianity has been planted in the nest of your ancestors like a cuckoo, and the bloated intruder has you believing that it's your own.

The insidious genius of Christianity is that you will brainwash your children with it, just as your parents did you.

Do the human capacities of faith and community prevent you from escaping ...?
No one EVER demonstrates that "God" exists outside their parietal cortex.

showme
Sage

Re: Empire of the Cross - Global Conspiracy Fact

Post #2

Post by showme »

StuartJ wrote: Christianity never made a secret of the ambition to take over the world as the Universal (Catholic) religion.

Once Christianity gained the monopoly on religion in the Roman Empire, there began the systematic extermination of indigenous cultures.

The European empires continued the loving tradition as Christian missionaries followed the soldiers and spread across the planet like ecclesiastic Daleks.

Christianity has been planted in the nest of your ancestors like a cuckoo, and the bloated intruder has you believing that it's your own.

The insidious genius of Christianity is that you will brainwash your children with it, just as your parents did you.

The Roman version of "Christianity" was formed and instituted by the Roman emperor Constantine, at his convened Council of Nicaea, in which his object was to establish a unified religion in which to help unify his empire. He combined his pagan religion mythology with a focusing of the disparate "Christian" sect dogmas. The Nicene Council went out of their way to avoid any Jewish influence and introduced the Feast of Astarte, in place of Passover. His Nicene Trinity outcome was to become the focus of the official Roman church, which was officially declared in 380 AD by another Roman Emperor, Theodosius.

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by StuartJ »

[Replying to post 2 by showme]

Indeed - one god (the pagan Yahweh, his son Jesus and the Holy Ghost) promoted to a catholic/universal "God" of the Empire ...

One emperor to rule secular affairs of the world-wide Empire ...

One triple-crowned pope to rule the spiritual affairs of the world-wide Empire ...

Punishment and threats of punishment for dissent.

And it's all backed up by "God" and the written, official, canonised "Word of God".

Very effective political policy for controlling an empire.

And not a verse of it needs backing with evidence.

And the faith community still buys it today ...

Or at least the bits they still like ....

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #4

Post by Divine Insight »

StuartJ wrote: Do the human capacities of faith and community prevent you from escaping ...?
Apparently this is what is happening in m any Christian societies. The Clergy Project, an organization that helps Pastor who have realized the religion cannot be true "escape" from this religion shows that there is much that actually prevent even atheist Pastors from acknowledging that they no longer believe the nonsense.

And when they are freed from the religion they speak of it in hindsight as a "Christian Bubble" that was indeed quite confining in terms of what they were permitted to think and what materials they were permitted to read.

In fact, many of them were taught that atheists are "evil". :roll:

And they even said that they actually believed this nonsense until they finally realized that the religion isn't true. Once they became an atheist themselves their eyes were open to the fact that atheists are actually quite loving decent people. Even more so than the Christians they had left behind.

Here's an example testimony:

[youtube][/youtube]
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

jgh7

Post #5

Post by jgh7 »

StuartJ wrote: Christianity never made a secret of the ambition to take over the world as the Universal (Catholic) religion.

This is borderline preaching. I'm not even sure what the debate topic is.

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by StuartJ »

[Replying to post 5 by jgh7]

DI understood ...

It's not difficult.

I regularly find that one if the common ploys the faith community uses to avoid a topic is to pretend not to understand it.

jgh7

Post #7

Post by jgh7 »

StuartJ wrote: [Replying to post 5 by jgh7]

DI understood ...

It's not difficult.

I regularly find that one if the common ploys the faith community uses to avoid a topic is to pretend not to understand it.
You mean your final question that is so biasly distorted? I'll try to answer. I guess by "escape" you mean quit or stop believing. I don't know how my capacity for faith would prevent me from quitting Christianity. Obviously if I lost faith completely then that would equate to quitting. As far as community, I didn't become Christian for the sake of fitting in with a community. So that has little bearing for me.

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by StuartJ »

[Replying to post 7 by jgh7]

Now you're tackling the topic ...

Thank you.

Perhaps you can expand on your comment about your faith ...?

jgh7

Post #9

Post by jgh7 »

[Replying to post 8 by StuartJ]

It's hard to expand as I didn't understand the original question. I don't know how a capacity for faith prevents me from escaping said faith. Quite frankly I don't know what it means at all. I have a capacity for Christian faith... therefore it will prevent me from escaping Christianity? I don't see how that follows or what it even means. I am not playing dumb like you first insinuated. I'm genuinely confused by your topic.

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by StuartJ »

[Replying to post 9 by jgh7]

Please have a thoughtful read of my first two signature lines.

The mental state you call your faith allows you to accept Christianity without evidence to back it up.

The disservice the mental state of faith does you is not allow you to accept that yoy are wrong ...

No matter how much it is shown that you have no independently verifiable evidence ...

Or how much genuine evidence is piled up against your faith.

Concomitant to that is the trait of loyalty to community.

I often compare trying to talk to a Christian about Jesus is like trying to talk to a drunk about alcohol - you haven't a hope of getting through while they're under the influence.

People who make money and derive power and control from belief systems uderstand the human weaknesses inherent in faith.

Once they have your confidence (yes Christianity is confidence trickery) and put you in the mental state of faith ...

They know they have you trapped and under control ...

And no discussion of evidence is going to shake your faith if they have d9ne their jib well.

Very convincing when they are in the pulpit ... aren't they ...?

If they weren't you wouldn't contine to hand over your mind and your money.

They're just good at their job.