Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

jeremiah1five
Banned
Banned

The Scripture Is TO and FOR Believers ONLY

Post #1

Post by jeremiah1five »

The 1st five books of the Old Testament Pentateuch. They were written by a Covenant believer TO and FOR the children of Israel, other Covenant believers.

The Prophets, sent by God to His Covenant people.

The Psalms, written by Covenant believers TO and FOR other Covenant believers.

The Gospels, written by a Covenant believer TO and FOR their Covenant brethren - the children of Israel -so that they might know that this Jesus of Nazareth, son of Joseph, a carpenter's son, is their Messiah, their long-awaited Kinsman-Redeemer.

The apostolic epistles, (or, letter's to other believers) written by a Covenant believer TO and FOR other Covenant believers.

The apostolic epistles, or letters, written by a Covenant believer TO and FOR the various churches inhabiting Asia Minor.

Holy Words for a Holy people.

God does not cast His Pearl, Jesus Christ, to swine (non-Covenant people)..

bluethread
Savant

Re: The Scripture Is TO and FOR Believers ONLY

Post #71

Post by bluethread »

jeremiah1five wrote:
You are right. Jonah was sent to a people that were not in Covenant with God.
God did not love this people of Nineveh.
If God loves you He will save you.
If God does not love you He will not save you.
That's basically it.
That is no true. That is why Yonah was upset. When the people of Nineveh repented, Adonai relented and did not destroy them. I agree with your point that if one is not in a Covenant relationship, then one can not really understand or take part in that Covenant. However, that does not preclude Adonai from providing His blessings on those outside the Covenant. The significant difference is without the Covenant, there is no Promise.

jeremiah1five
Banned
Banned

Post #72

Post by jeremiah1five »

bluethread wrote:
jeremiah1five wrote:
You are right. Jonah was sent to a people that were not in Covenant with God.
God did not love this people of Nineveh.
If God loves you He will save you.
If God does not love you He will not save you.
That's basically it.
That is no true. That is why Yonah was upset. When the people of Nineveh repented, Adonai relented and did not destroy them. I agree with your point that if one is not in a Covenant relationship, then one can not really understand or take part in that Covenant. However, that does not preclude Adonai from providing His blessings on those outside the Covenant. The significant difference is without the Covenant, there is no Promise.
You're kidding me, right?

God destroyed Nineveh to the point that we have to dig through tens of feet of dirt to find that city. Totally wiped out!

God provides blessings to those outside Covenant?

So, God casts His Pearl, Jesus Christ, to swine? You need to rethink this.

The world got NOTHING coming to them of God. Nothing.

Nineveh had no Covenant with the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

The world has no Covenant with the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

It's the other way around. Without Promise there is no Covenant.

Deuteronomy 7:7-8 (KJV)
7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
8 But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

And Covenant BEGAN in Trinity BEFORE there was any creating.

jeremiah1five
Banned
Banned

Post #73

Post by jeremiah1five »

Clownboat wrote:
jeremiah1five wrote:
PinSeeker wrote:
jeremiah1five wrote:God's Word is sent to do a great many things but in relation to people God's Word will go throughout the span of TIME and reach every person appointed to be born and born-again at the appointed TIME.

Simple.
Much agreed. But it's also a clear standard for everyone, not just those appointed.
Not everyone.

All God is doing in TIME at this juncture is preparing bodies to go with those names in the book of life of the lamb slain....

He prepared a body for Christ, and He prepares a body for us (His people named).

Rev. 13:8.
Why do you think that most of the ancient religions out there were such a fan of sacrificing humans to a god concept?

Do you find human sacrifice, to the gods of course, appealing?
I personally don't think that we should be sacrificing humans.
Homie don't play dat.

The only human sacrificing being done in my life right now is ME.

Rom. 12:1-2

bluethread
Savant

Post #74

Post by bluethread »

jeremiah1five wrote:

God destroyed Nineveh to the point that we have to dig through tens of feet of dirt to find that city. Totally wiped out!
Eventually, as were many of the cities in Israel. It depends on time timeline one is using.
Yes, he does. Many in these United States and elsewhere have been greatly blessed.
As the Syrophenician woman told Yeshua, (Mk.7:28b) "yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs" and He blessed her by removing the demon from her daughter.

No one has a right to anything. You are correct that without the Promise there is no Covenant. However, there need not be a covenant for there to be a blessing.
7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
8 But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

It is true the The Covenant with Israel was an outgrowth of previous covenants. However, nowhere in that Covenant does it say that those outside the Covenant can not be blessed.

jeremiah1five
Banned
Banned

Post #75

Post by jeremiah1five »

bluethread wrote:
jeremiah1five wrote:

Eventually, as were many of the cities in Israel. It depends on time timeline one is using.
Yes, he does. Many in these United States and elsewhere have been greatly blessed.
As the Syrophenician woman told Yeshua, (Mk.7:28b) "yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs" and He blessed her by removing the demon from her daughter.

No one has a right to anything. You are correct that without the Promise there is no Covenant. However, there need not be a covenant for there to be a blessing.

It is true the The Covenant with Israel was an outgrowth of previous covenants. However, nowhere in that Covenant does it say that those outside the Covenant can not be blessed.
It doesn't have to say. You can see that once God cursed the ground and man had thorns for grapes and weeds for food that setting things in their course was what man has done for himself without God.
In the meantime the Covenant-people, from Adam to Noah, to Abraham, to Moses, to David to me have God as protector, provider, doctor, etc., and this is due to Covenant.
Oh, and we get to live in a great Kingdom where the Kingdom principle is Law and none of this "Jesus loves you" and "Jesus died for you" lies will be heard anymore.
America has no Covenant with God. Israel does. And the King will one day sit on David's throne and RULE the non-Covenant nations with a rod of iron. He will subdue them...
AFTER He subdues His Church for they are out of control.
This country is blessed? No, individuals in Covenant are blessed and the blessing is Jesus Christ and Him resurrected!
Not even God casts His Pearl, Jesus Christ, to swine (non-Covenant).

Throughout Scripture God does not do anything without Covenant. Big picture.

And you are right about one thing...

Christians have NO RIGHTS.

None.

The kingdom of God is not a democracy, it's a kingdom and the kingdom principle is law in God's economy. You are being deceived. If you are saved you need to throw away all that churchiness and false doctrine from the radio and pulpit and get yourself a good Hebrew and Greek and your KJV Bible and study YOURSELF to show yourself approved, and not only that but reconsider all the stuff that is spewed out and has plagued the true Church for hundreds of years.

The world has nothing coming to them of Christ. No love, no prayers, no atonement.

God hates the non-Covenant world - America included.

John 17:9 (KJV)
9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

The "them" are those in Covenant, the same people Christ as High Priest is about to die for to atone THEIR sin, not the world's.

The world is STILL in their sin and there is no atonement from God at all.

(read John 17. Take note of the distinction between "they" and "them" contrasted against the "world."

As High Priest the TIME to pray for the world is right here right now, but Christ doesn't do that, because God has no Covenant with the world. None.

So, don't suppose there is one when there is not and adjust your belief-system and Christianity to reflect sound doctrine and reason.

Keeping it real.

jeremiah1five
Banned
Banned

Post #76

Post by jeremiah1five »

Clownboat wrote:
jeremiah1five wrote:
StuartJ wrote:
jeremiah1five wrote:
It's His Christ. I don't have to prove Christ is alive, was on the planet, was crucified, etc., even His claim He is the Son of God - well, He's proved it to me and I'm good to go.
Now, I watch Him work!
This is a PERFECT demonstration of apparent delusion.

It's ONLY happening inside the mind of the adherent ...

As far as I can tell.
Well, if you would listen to this 'adherent' maybe - just maybe you may come to understand.
But you will understand nothing while you put down God and His people.
Just filling up wrath for that day.
And if I see my Lord and King fighting against the heathen-horde, or the unsaved world, or against Israel's enemies, or the Church's enemies, or God's enemies, or Jesus' enemies, of my enemies...

I'm jumping in!
Quite the interesting claims you make here and all without any assurances given.
Is there anyway that you could try to assure us that you don't suffer from religious paranoia?

Religious paranoia is an irrational fear of being purposefully attacked by an outside agent(s) in or through some religious context. Some examples:[citation needed]

The fear of one's soul being stolen
The fear of being tempted by demons
The fear of being plotted against by cultists
The fear of God or Satan
It is a condition which has been compared to extremism and intolerance.[1] It has been cited as a possible contributor to political violence.[2][3] It is often related to splitting, psychological projection, a desire to maintain a sense of purity in situations of real or perceived persecution, and rigid and unchallengeable attitudes.[4]

In an alternate form of religious paranoia of a psychiatric nature, the patient can suffer from a permanent delusion of a primarily religious nature. He could, for example, believe that he is the messenger of God who has been sent to the world to propagate some religion.
What? I'm not giving you assurances. I'm not here to prove the existence of God, or that He will save you, or that there is a God.
I'm relating my experiences in context to what I say and what has happen to me as well as the things I post about this "so-great salvation. If you ask me something and I answer it and you don't believe such and such had occurred, then why ask me in the first place? I don't care if you get saved or not. Salvation is subjective, not objective.
Just so you are clear....don't ask me anything just so you can put a "religious paranoia" tag or title on it. Would you like it if I did the same to you and in the end put a "homosexual" title on it?

jeremiah1five
Banned
Banned

Post #77

Post by jeremiah1five »

Clownboat wrote:
jeremiah1five wrote:
Clownboat wrote:
jeremiah1five wrote:
StuartJ wrote:
jeremiah1five wrote:
It's His Christ. I don't have to prove Christ is alive, was on the planet, was crucified, etc., even His claim He is the Son of God - well, He's proved it to me and I'm good to go.
Now, I watch Him work!
This is a PERFECT demonstration of apparent delusion.

It's ONLY happening inside the mind of the adherent ...

As far as I can tell.
Well, if you would listen to this 'adherent' maybe - just maybe you may come to understand.
But you will understand nothing while you put down God and His people.
Just filling up wrath for that day.
And if I see my Lord and King fighting against the heathen-horde, or the unsaved world, or against Israel's enemies, or the Church's enemies, or God's enemies, or Jesus' enemies, of my enemies...

I'm jumping in!
Quite the interesting claims you make here and all without any assurances given.
Is there anyway that you could try to assure us that you don't suffer from religious paranoia?

Religious paranoia is an irrational fear of being purposefully attacked by an outside agent(s) in or through some religious context. Some examples:[citation needed]

The fear of one's soul being stolen
The fear of being tempted by demons
The fear of being plotted against by cultists
The fear of God or Satan
It is a condition which has been compared to extremism and intolerance.[1] It has been cited as a possible contributor to political violence.[2][3] It is often related to splitting, psychological projection, a desire to maintain a sense of purity in situations of real or perceived persecution, and rigid and unchallengeable attitudes.[4]

In an alternate form of religious paranoia of a psychiatric nature, the patient can suffer from a permanent delusion of a primarily religious nature. He could, for example, believe that he is the messenger of God who has been sent to the world to propagate some religion.
Anyone that attacks me is usually always man.
I think you have told us all, what we need to know and where your information is coming from.

Thanks, and be well.
Uh huh. Same to you

jeremiah1five
Banned
Banned

Post #78

Post by jeremiah1five »

Clownboat wrote:
jeremiah1five wrote:You do realize that after being saved and birthed into the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ that [we] you don't belong to yourself anymore?
I'm a former tongue talking, drunk in the Holy Ghost street evangelizing Christian of 2 decades. I have lived through what you are describing and have been set free. Probably the toughest thing I have gone through in my entire life.

What is ironic, is that I'm now a more loving, accepting, Christlike person then when I was a believer. I no longer see atheist or Muslims as an enemy of Christ, nor do I see homosexuals for example as sinners, that are rejecting my god so they can live in sin.
The world is large, and there are all sorts of people in it.

So to answer your question (from the post above), Satan/Lucifer are not real entities. No more than Zeus, Allah or Odin as far as I can tell, therefore the freewill question does not apply to them. If you have actual evidence against this and not just religious promotional material, I would be all ears/eyes.

The 'we' I was referring to was myself and those reading here.

So, what gives with all the ancient religions sacrificing humans to the gods?
I got news for you....

You were NEVER saved.

Tcg
Savant

Post #79

Post by Tcg »

jeremiah1five wrote:
You were NEVER saved.
I have to agree as there is nothing to be saved FROM.

However, Clownboat was quite clearly a believer.

brunumb
Savant

Post #80

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to post 78 by jeremiah1five]
You were NEVER saved.
You are in no position to determine that.