Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Kevin Cross
Student

Hello

Post #1

Post by Kevin Cross »

Hi There

I’m here to reintroduce myself after some time off. After joining in 2017, I became caught up in other things, but I’m back to face my atheist, agnostic, and even fellow Christian opponents. Being a conservative Christian, I tend to interpret the Bible as it was written. Having said that, to be honest, one has to acknowledge there are some aspects to the Bible that lead one to be a little agnostic. For example, was the world created in seven days as we understand or is seven days mean something different to God as revealed by Moses in Genesis? What about the dinosaurs? I don’t have an explanation for these things except if God wanted humans to know human beings to know such things, he would have said it. Science and religion can go along perfectly well. Science is a tool for humans to know God and his creation better. The endeavor of science, however, is not to be worshiped in of itself.

As for me, I am disabled with cerebral palsy, which is a brain condition caused by the lack of oxygen at birth. While I cannot do anything for myself, my mental ability is intact. My academic background is in mental health counseling and psychology with interests in neuroscience, biology and philosophy. The debate interests follow those topics. Anything to do with behavioral/medical science, apologetics ethics, metaphysics/ontology and epistemology I’ll debate. I may also debate the culture, society and political governmental issues as well. Lastly, I’m interested in how faith intersects with all subjects. I’m interested in negotiating different types of formats from regular direct arguments and rebuttal to question and answer (cross-examination) debates to anything in between.

See you on the forums.

KC

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Welcome to the forum!

You sound like quite an interesting person. Myself, I tend towards being a literalist in regards to creation and the flood. I've always had an interest in the overlap between science and religion ever since I became a Christian. It was one of the main reasons I started this forum. A few years ago, I got a Masters in Science and Religion from Biola University. I'd welcome conversations/debate on any topic with you (and anyone else) regarding science and religion.