The God(s) are Wimps!

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Righteous Indignation
Apprentice

The God(s) are Wimps!

Post #1

Post by Righteous Indignation »

Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell will tell you that God is causing epidemics, hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, volcanoes, floods, tidal waves, and lightning to punish us human beings for our sinful ways. Well, I think they’re full of it and would like to test their hypothesis. Put as simply as possible they seem to be saying, "Fear God or God will hurt you." I say you have nothing to fear from God or any of the other gods. All the God(s) combined couldn’t squash a bug and I can prove it. I challenge all supernatural beings to fight me, kill me, whatever! Accept my challenge if your not afraid! All you omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient beings show us what you got. I dare you to kick my ass! Put me on my knees! Make me beg for mercy! Show everyone you will not be mocked!

If you be Thor, god of thunder, then may your mighty hammer come down upon my head. Be you Zeus, god of gods, father of Hercules, thrust down your fiery bolts from high atop Mount Olympus. Buddha, get off that fat ass and enlighten me. RA, the sun-god, crush my testicles until I walk like an Egyptian. Poseidon, come on, don’t be the "chicken of the sea". Aphrodite, goddess of love, spank me baby cause I’ve been bad! God with a big "G" little "o", the god of wrath. The God I was raised to believe was the one true god. Did you not once drowned nearly every human being on earth? Did you not killed all the first born of Egypt? Did you not once say, "Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel." (Numbers 25:4 KJV)? Where’s that fierce anger now? You supposedly have killed millions. Many of the dead were innocent and some were only babies. Well God before you kill another innocent human why not take out this atheist scum. If you really are the God of wrath, kill me right now, so all will know it is true.

All beings confined to the laws of physics please stay out of this. After all, a real god wouldn’t need your help.

I think 24 hours would be fair amount of time to wait for a response. The clock starts now, bring it on!

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Excellent example of a Random Rambling. Moved.

Righteous Indignation
Apprentice

Any Gods out there?

Post #3

I'm still waiting. Where are the Gods? Come out! Come out! Where ever you are!

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Any Gods out there?

Post #4

Post by McCulloch »

Righteous Indignation wrote:I'm still waiting. Where are the Gods? Come out! Come out! Where ever you are!
This ploy has been tried before, proving nothing. Those who do not believe in God or the gods continue to disbelieve. Those who do believe, say that God is not at your beck and call. He will not smite you simply because you have asked for it. And those who have not been convinced either way are still not convinced by this non-demonstration.
If it were quite that easy, these debates would have been over long ago.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Righteous Indignation
Apprentice

Post #5

McCulloch, If you are saying that God does not kill people then we are in agreement. If God does kill people under what circumstances might he smite me?

Righteous Indignation
Apprentice

Post #6

By the way, I almost forgot. Times up and not a single god came to the challenge.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: The God(s) are Wimps!

Post #7

Post by McCulloch »

Righteous Indignation wrote:I challenge all supernatural beings to fight me, kill me, whatever! Accept my challenge if your not afraid! All you omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient beings show us what you got. I dare you to kick my ass! Put me on my knees! Make me beg for mercy! Show everyone you will not be mocked! [...]If you really are the God of wrath, kill me right now, so all will know it is true.[..] I think 24 hours would be fair amount of time to wait for a response. The clock starts now, bring it on!
Righteous Indignation wrote:I'm still waiting. Where are the Gods? Come out! Come out! Where ever you are!
Righteous Indignation wrote:By the way, I almost forgot. Times up and not a single god came to the challenge.
Proving exactly this: There are no gods or God who have risen to your challenge. A somewhat predictable and meaningless result.
Righteous Indignation wrote:McCulloch, If you are saying that God does not kill people then we are in agreement.
I agree with you that God does not kill people. Santa does not bring presents and the tooth fairy does not collect teeth. However, this little demonstration does not prove that. All that it proved is that if there were God or gods, they probably ignored your little provocation.
Righteous Indignation wrote:If God does kill people under what circumstances might he smite me?
This question might be better asked of someone who believes that there is a God. From the varied and diverse records which allege to chronicle the gods' killings of humans, I can discover no consistent pattern. Maybe they were all just made up. :whistle:
Gospel of John

QED
Prodigy

Post #8

Post by QED »

Every year my wife buys me the latest book in the series called Another Weird Year. This collects hundreds of bizarre, tragic and unusual stories from around the world. It basically supplies a cross-section of the sort of fate that has been in store for people. I think anyone believing that our fate is in the lap of the God(s) should read this series. I think it could change their minds, else they would have to concede that the God(s) are operating way beyond the pale.

Righteous Indignation
Apprentice

Post #9

I wrote:I challenge all supernatural beings to fight me, kill me, whatever! Accept my challenge if your not afraid!
McCulloch wrote:This ploy has been tried before, proving nothing. Those who do not believe in God or the gods continue to disbelieve. Those who do believe, say that God is not at your beck and call. He will not smite you simply because you have asked for it. And those who have not been convinced either way are still not convinced by this non-demonstration.
McCulloch, I have thought about what you have said and I would like to comment. First you should try to avoid statements like, "This ploy has been tried before, proving nothing." I would say that many things have been proven by my ploy:

1) If nothing else, I have proven that I am not a believer. A believer would never make such a challenge.

2) My challenge is no different than a prayer; therefore, I have also proven that God does not answer all prayers.

3) To all those who believe that God kills off unsuspecting men, women, and children with natural disasters. It might be true but I have proven that he does not kill off sinners like me who attempt to pick a fight with him. If he exists, he is either a coward or a wimp who prays mostly on the weak. Some might say that he ignored me because I am insignificant but what if I were one of a hundred, a thousand, or a million people challenging God? Would he act then? I think not!

I could go on but you get the point. Be careful with broad statements. :D

"And those who have not been convinced either way are still not convinced by this non-demonstration."

This is not the first time I have made this challenge. The first time was with my ex-Christian ex-wife. She blames me for losing faith in God and sights the challenge as the turning point. This proves that the challenge does get some Christians to thinking.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by McCulloch »

Righteous Indignation wrote:McCulloch, I have thought about what you have said and I would like to comment. First you should try to avoid statements like, "This ploy has been tried before, proving nothing." I would say that many things have been proven by my ploy:
1) If nothing else, I have proven that I am not a believer. A believer would never make such a challenge.
You could state without proof that you are not a believer. I don't think that anyone would challenge that.
Righteous Indignation wrote:2) My challenge is no different than a prayer; therefore, I have also proven that God does not answer all prayers.
No one I know claims that God answers all prayers. So you have disproven a strawman.
Righteous Indignation wrote:3) To all those who believe that God kills off unsuspecting men, women, and children with natural disasters. It might be true but I have proven that he does not kill off sinners like me who attempt to pick a fight with him. If he exists, he is either a coward or a wimp who prays mostly on the weak. Some might say that he ignored me because I am insignificant but what if I were one of a hundred, a thousand, or a million people challenging God? Would he act then? I think not!
I agree with you, but I don't think that your demonstration proves that.
Righteous Indignation wrote:I could go on but you get the point. Be careful with broad statements. :D
OK, you caught me. My statement was what you call hyperbole.
McCulloch wrote:And those who have not been convinced either way are still not convinced by this non-demonstration.
Righteous Indignation wrote:This is not the first time I have made this challenge. The first time was with my ex-Christian ex-wife. She blames me for losing faith in God and sights the challenge as the turning point. This proves that the challenge does get some Christians to thinking.
She blames you for her losing faith in God. It sounds like she would be angry with the person who told her that Santa Claus was not real. The thing is that a true believer™ will find a way to rationalize evidence showing the non-responsiveness of God; there are many. She would not have been swayed by such a simply ploy if she had not already had doubts. However, in hopes that there are more people with doubts who just need that little bit of a push check out God is Imaginary - 50 simple proofs.
Nitpickers please note: some of these proofs are not entirely unique, they seem to cover the same ground more than once.
Gospel of John