Jesus will say, "I never knew you."

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

inthevoid
Student

Jesus will say, "I never knew you."

Post #1

Post by inthevoid »

In Matthew 7:21-23, the Bible claims that Jesus will say to the people in the last day that he 'never knew them' in regards to people who are false followers of Christ.

My question is, how is that so?

According to Christians, Jesus is supposedly God, yet God will not know who he speaks to on the last day?

Psalms is littered with scripture mentioning that God knows all things in man and his heart(Psalm 44:21, 94:11, etc). Even in Luke 12:7, it mentions that God knows the exact number of hairs on all our heads.

So how is it that on the last day God will say he 'never knew you' when it clearly shows that he does?

Perhaps this just proves that Jesus is not God at all? Perhaps Jesus was just a servant sent only as flesh?

William
Savant

Re: Jesus will say, "I never knew you."

Post #41

Post by William »

[Replying to post 39 by rikuoamero]
I think OP can be excused for thinking "Huh. Jesus literally does not know who that person is" given the existence of strains of Christianity that preach a literal understanding/reading of the Bible.
However, those strains of Christianity that preach a literal understanding/reading of the Bible, are not the only ones arguing herein. Indeed, not even Christians are the only theists offering their views on the matter. If they were, then your above argument would have some merit in relation to the OP being excused.

Clearly the OP was not attempting to engage with ONLY those strains...or only Christians...

jeremiah1five
Banned
Banned

Re: Jesus will say, "I never knew you."

Post #42

Post by jeremiah1five »

inthevoid wrote: In Matthew 7:21-23, the Bible claims that Jesus will say to the people in the last day that he 'never knew them' in regards to people who are false followers of Christ.

My question is, how is that so?

According to Christians, Jesus is supposedly God, yet God will not know who he speaks to on the last day?

Psalms is littered with scripture mentioning that God knows all things in man and his heart(Psalm 44:21, 94:11, etc). Even in Luke 12:7, it mentions that God knows the exact number of hairs on all our heads.

So how is it that on the last day God will say he 'never knew you' when it clearly shows that he does?

Perhaps this just proves that Jesus is not God at all? Perhaps Jesus was just a servant sent only as flesh?
The ONLY people He knows are those whose names are written in the book of life of the lamb slain....
All the others are only acquaintances.