Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

First or Last ...?

Post #1

Post by StuartJ »

In the first biblical creation myth, the ancient Canaanite Elohim gods created unspecified numbers of male and female humans as miniature replicas of themselves. They were the Adam Family. The Adam Family were the very LAST thing created

In the second biblical creation myth, the newer (and possibly not even Jewish) Yahweh Elohim god created the mud-man Adam as the very FIRST living thing - and then created animals as a potential wife for him, before finally creating Eve from one of his ribs.

This contradiction in the myths is WAY too large to be a scribal error ...

And through smoke and mirrors of the "apologetics" excuses, I can't see poetry or philosophy or psychology.

Did the Holy Ghost inspire the writing of a glaring contradiction, or do we perhaps have two sequential creation mythologies concerning two very human versions of "God" ...?

Members wishing to actually address the topic as posted may wish to skip the posts by JehovahsWitness.
Last edited by StuartJ on Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No one EVER demonstrates that "God" exists outside their parietal cortex.

Savant

Re: First or Last ...?

Post #31

Post by 1213 »

StuartJ wrote: In the first biblical creation myth, the ancient Canaanite Elohim gods created unspecified numbers of male and female humans as miniature replicas of themselves. They were the Adam Family. The Adam Family were the very LAST thing created

In the second biblical creation myth, the newer (and possibly not even Jewish) Yahweh Elohim god created the mud-man Adam as the very FIRST living thing - and then created animals as a potential wife for him, before finally creating Eve from one of his ribs.
Actually, if we would be literal and not intentionally ignorant straw man debaters, Genesis 2 speaks how Yahweh forms things, not creates. But perhaps that is not what we want, so instead I just say, Genesis 1 tells the big picture and Genesis 2 tells details. They are not contradictory, unless own interpretations and misunderstandings are added and truth ignored.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #32

Post by ttruscott »

StuartJ wrote:And through smoke and mirrors of the "apologetics" excuses, I can't see poetry or philosophy or psychology.

Did the Holy Ghost inspire the writing of a glaring contradiction, or do we perhaps have two sequential creation mythologies concerning two very human versions of "God" ...?
I have no incentive to express my opinion about this when I am already relegated to the smoke and mirrors flim flam apologetics group.

Have fun with this new meeting of the atheist's support group...
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #33

Post by JehovahsWitness »

StuartJ wrote:
Members wishing to actually address the topic as posted may wish to skip the posts by JehovahsWitness.

This is the link for the post refered to in the OP.
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 688#941688
I'm posting the LINK above so that everyone knows the post being refered to. I wrote it. Right there. Above. That's the link right there.

8-)
JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8