Civil and engaging debate on Christianity and religious issues

Reply to topic
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:45 pm
The doubt of the world... What can you do anyways?

Like this post
I go to church, and sit there and think to myself how very dry it is... The preachers have really been driving me crazy... I was thinking today... You know what would be really interesting, if people doubted... I Imagined soemone standing up, and started arguing with the preacher... And then the church caught on fire... That would be kind of cool... who knows?

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 2: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:37 pm

Like this post
Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 3: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:19 pm
Re: The doubt of the world... What can you do anyways?

Like this post
[Replying to post 1 by Tart]

This is just a hunch, but if you're thinking that a church fire would be cool, church may not be for you. If preachers are driving you crazy, the simple solution is to avoid their natural habitat.

Perhaps you could find a bowling league that rolls on Sunday morning. You're not likely to meet any preachers there at that time.

Tcg

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 4: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:33 pm

Like this post
Tcg wrote:

[Replying to post 1 by Tart]

This is just a hunch, but if you're thinking that a church fire would be cool, church may not be for you. If preachers are driving you crazy, the simple solution is to avoid their natural habitat.

Perhaps you could find a bowling league that rolls on Sunday morning. You're not likely to meet any preachers there at that time.

Tcg

bowling leagues are even worse... just people trying to make you laugh and like them... uhg... trying to get your attention for your approval...

i want the true conflict in our world... doubt vs faith... I want the people in church to really open up about their doubts, their true concerns, instead of just acting like everything is ok... but maybe what about faith? we want to live faithful... but how can you? its not like its good to just fake it... that's dumb...

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 5: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:50 pm

Like this post
[Replying to post 4 by Tart]

It sounds like you're stuck with church then. Good luck finding one that'll change its regular routine to focus on your demands.

Tcg

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 6: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:11 pm

Like this post
Tcg wrote:

It sounds like you're stuck with church then. Good luck finding one that'll change its regular routine to focus on your demands.

Tcg

thanks for the prayer... i need it... i know its sarcastic... but... im praying for it... Father your kingdom come

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 7: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:05 am

Like this post
Tart wrote:

Tcg wrote:

Tcg

thanks for the prayer... i need it... i know its sarcastic... but... im praying for it... Father your kingdom come

It is neither a prayer nor a recommendation to pray. To expect a church to change to meet one's demands is unrealistic.

When anyone is stuck in a bad situation, they can take action to create a better situation. Refusing to take action and instead praying, expecting a god to change the world to fit the one praying, is not likely to result in the hoped for change.

Tcg

Goto top, bottom

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Hymn Lyrics Apps
Facebook | Twitter