Jesus failed to fulfill prophesies.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

polonius
Prodigy

Jesus failed to fulfill prophesies.

Post #1

Post by polonius »

Jesus failed to return the rule to Israel and has had no Second Coming.

Judaism 101
“The mashiach [ the Messiah]will bring about the political and spiritual redemption of the Jewish people by bringing us back to Israel and restoring Jerusalem (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government, both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1). He will rebuild the Temple and re-establish its worship (Jeremiah 33:18). He will restore the religious court system of Israel and establish Jewish law as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33:15).�

Acts 16 So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, is this the time when you will restore the kingdom to Israel?� 7 He replied, “It is not for you to know the times or periods that the Father has set by his own authority.

But Christ never did return the rule to Israel nor did his Second Coming occur. Evidently, Jesus wasn’t the Messiah or all those “inspired� writers got it wrong? What do you think?

polonius
Prodigy

Post #11

Post by polonius »

brianbbs67 wrote:
polonius wrote:
polonius wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: I believe its a future date. He already had a second coming, its the third we wait for, mostly patiently.
RESPONSE: Really? When exactly did Jesus have his second coming?
He died and left this realm of existence. And then he returned on the third day and met his disciples and others, dwelt for a time and then was taken up to heaven with the promise of a return.
RESPONSE: So you are claiming that was his "Second Coming"?

polonius
Prodigy

Post #12

Post by polonius »

brianbbs67 wrote:
polonius wrote:
polonius wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: I believe its a future date. He already had a second coming, its the third we wait for, mostly patiently.
He died and left this realm of existence. And then he returned on the third day and met his disciples and others, dwelt for a time and then was taken up to heaven with the promise of a return.
RESPONSE: So you are claiming that was his Resurrection was really his "Second Coming"?

Matthew S Islam
Student

Post #13

Post by Matthew S Islam »

Question for Christians:

On what basis do you affirm the Messiahship of the Biblical Jesus over every other claimant who didn't restore the Kingdom of God before his death? What if those false Messiahs taught their followers about a second coming and a suffering Messiah?

marco
Savant

Post #14

Post by marco »

polonius wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
polonius wrote:
polonius wrote:
RESPONSE: So you are claiming that was his Resurrection was really his "Second Coming"?
Not many have visited Hell and come back. Orpheus did and Hercules, bringing back the three-headed dog, Cerberus. Naturally Jesus, being a gifted person, managed to "harrow" hell, and escape. He then paid a visit to heaven, as of course did Muhamamd. I think the visit to hell was a "going" not a coming, as was his heavenly visit. But since he came back for whatever reason - I think it was to finish off a bit of fish or settle his rent money - we can count that as a second coming.

His next going was from the ancient equivalent of Cape Canaveral, his launch fuelled by the ardour of his simple admirers. I understand that secret maps, taken from God's dining table, indicate his next arrival will be somewhere in the South Pole, so as not to attract too much notice initially. This will be a formal visit, as the word Parousia suggests, so representatives of kings and emperors will have to get dressed for the day. The London Philharmonic Orchestra has, I understand, prepared a secret overture. Exciting! So let's not say Jesus failed to fulfil - he's getting dressed!