Sage

The Only Solution to Humanity's Crisis : To the United Natio

Post #1

Post by ivysunday »

The Only Solution to Humanity's Crisis : To the United Nations

Economic and Social Council
The United Nations

Dear Mr. Alberto Padova,

Our environment and climate continue to deteriorate and neither can be solved by the Kyoto Protocol or the Paris Agreement. The only way for us to save ourselves is to completely change our traditional modes of production and life.

If we continue to follow our current production and life modes, then these eight crises will remain unresolved:
1. Overpopulation
2. Humanity's greed and lust
3. Environmental Degradation
4. Climatic Deterioration
5. Loss and waste of Resources
6. Less stable Ecological Environments
7. Refugee Problems (they will continue to increase)
8. Conflicts between Nationalities, Religions, Cultures, and Interest Groups
These problems above can only be solved by changing our traditional production and life modes. Everyone yearns for a good life, but how can it be obtained?

It will not be by preaching morality, enforcing laws and regulations, following religious precepts, redistributing money and material assistance, constant meetings and discussions of governments or even the UN, warnings and threats, or even by force. It is only by changing our production and life modes that these crises can be solved.

What kind of production and life modes should be changed?
First of all, we should break up traditional marriages and families because they are the sources of human selfishness, the birthplaces of human crises, and the headstreams of all crime and evil. They are also the curb chains which prevent us all from leading happy, joyous, free, and blessed lives, but rather make people feel anxious, miserable, and fearful.

Our mode of production should change from a pattern of possessing to one of sharing; from one of competing predatorily to one of serving each other enthusiastically.

The rest of the contents involved are too broad to discuss here, but I can offer much more information based on my experience - if the UN is interested.

How do we change nearly everyone’s traditional production and life modes?
To implement that of the New Oasis for Life as created by the Lifechanyuan.

We have been experimenting with and improving upon this mode in mainland China for nine years, and the results have been very encouraging. More than two hundred people have participated in our experiment over the past ten years and one hundred and fifty of them have resided within the New Oasis for Life for extended periods of time. The remarkable signs of this mode are that exclusive marriages and families have disappeared, supporting our elderly and rearing and educating our children have been managed well, the crime rate has dropped to zero, our members’ health has improved greatly, pollution to our local environment has dropped to near zero, and our waste of resources and carbon footprint have been reduced greatly. Our people's happiness indices have risen higher than those in any of the developed countries in the world.

There are many more advantages over the traditional production and life modes which are difficult to describe here in detail but of which we have published many written descriptions, photographic proofs, and video displays, and we want the UN to understand them in detail. We can provide a great deal of information as evidence to study and judge.

If people do not change their traditional production and life modes completely and adopt these of the New Oasis for Life as created by Lifechanyuan, then the prospect of sustained development will remain distant and uncertain.

At this juncture between our continuation as a species and our extinction, we are hopeful that the UN will send people to study and demonstrate it as soon as possible and make it a project to be put into practice as has been done by Lifechanyuan. To bring about the new models of production and life modes sooner rather than later, let people from all over the world visit, study, and experience it. In this way, humanity’s situation can change completely and our futures will be blessed and sustainable.

It is impossible to change humanity’s dangerous predicament at once and even if the brakes were applied immediately, the inertia of traditional thinking would last for decades, by which time it would be too late.

So, the best way to do this would be to build new models of production and life modes which are intuitive, that people can see and experience in person, and that can be copied and replicated everywhere. If the New Oasis for Life mode were to be repeated by millions of people, then the beautiful ideal that mankind has dreamed of for thousands of years would surely be realized.

How do we build a model of this new production and life mode?
We would establish a New Oasis for Life in mainland China, in the United States of America, or in Zimbabwe, Africa with three hundred resident members including people from various religious, cultural, national, and ethnic backgrounds under the auspices of the United Nations and implemented by Lifechanyuan.

We encourage the United Nations to persuade one or more of those three governments to agree to allow us to create a New Oasis for Life on their territory and also to allow the foreign people involved in its creation to enter and leave freely.

The place where the New Oasis for Life would be created would be chosen and financed by Lifechanyuan and purchased or leased according to existing local policies. Of course it would help if the UN could help with the funding because if they were to do so, then it would be quicker and easier to build and the new model could unfold more quickly.

It would be effortless for the UN to help us to create this model of the new production and life modes, but the benefits would be endless and would benefit many future generations, so why not put it into practice?

It is better to teach people to catch fish than to give them some fish.

If the UN turns a blind eye to my proposal and ignores it, then you will have to deal with many types of devastation everywhere for many years to come.

We look forward to positive, encouraging news from your organization.

ivysunday
Sage

Post #31

Post by ivysunday »

Divine Insight wrote:
ivysunday wrote: Your telegnosis is blunted
In your worldview how could that be possible? :-k

According to you I was created by the "Greatest Creator", therefore I cannot be flawed. If I'm flawed it can only be because the "Greatest Creator" isn't so great after all.

Only in a secular world can anyone be flawed.

So the very moment you accuse anyone of having any limitations or flaws you are taking a secularist position.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. :D

If any humans are not "Great" then they could not have been created by a "Greatest Creator". They can only have been created by a flawed inept creator.
Aren't you in secular world? even if you are dimond, you will be covered by dust for so many years.
ivysunday wrote: For me, life is a game.
I can see that. Are you going to confess this to the UN in your letter? :-k

They might actually get a kick out of your letter once they know that you are just playing games with them.
Are you so serious as to chat with me instead of making some great sucess in your majoring or spend all you time on work?
Smiling is not from seriousness. Do you smile more? Are you serious all day?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #32

Post by Divine Insight »

ivysunday wrote: Are you so serious as to chat with me instead of making some great sucess in your majoring or spend all you time on work?
Smiling is not from seriousness. Do you smile more? Are you serious all day?

I am capable of being happy and serious at the same time. I don't need to resort to believing in fantasies in order to be joyful and happy. And I certainly don't need to resort to preaching to people demonstrable falsehoods proclaiming them to be true. I don't see any point in doing that.

And by the way, I'm working here all day. Are you so strict that you can't imagine a person taking a break to socially chat with someone on occasion? :-k

You entitled this thread as a letter to the United Nations. I actually have an interest in helping humanity solve our problems. So I wanted to see what solutions you have to offer. But after reading your letter to the UN I can see that all you are doing is trying to push an obviously false religion that wouldn't help humanity solve anything.

So why not chime in on it and at least try to show you the error of your thinking?

I have already shown you where you are clearly wrong in your belief that some supernatural "Greatest Creator" is choreographing the weather, diseases, birth defects, and natural disasters. Yet your position remains that if we "revere" this invisible imaginary "Greatest Creator" He, She, It will stop torturing us with these intentionally choreograph disasters.

That ancient superstitious belief has been shown to be false. You claim that you don't want to be serious about anything. That's fine. But even if all you are doing is playing games you should still acknowledge when you're caught spreading falsehoods. After all, what fun is a game if you don't even acknowledge when you're losing?

It's better to acknowledge the loss and move up to a better game. :D

Being able to grow in truth is a very rewarding game in its own right.

There are a lot of rewards to be had in this life when you take things seriously. Being serious doesn't mean that you need to be glum. You can be quite happy and joyous while being serious. Being serious simply means that you are facing the truth.

There may be a mystical magical essence to life. I'm not saying that you need to embrace secular materialism. However, even if there is a mystical magical essence to life it doesn't follow that there needs to be a conscious supernatural entity who is plaguing us with natural disasters and diseases just because we aren't pacifying its egotistical need to be revered. In fact, if there is a "Greatest Creator" don't you think that He, She, It should be above petty egotistical needs? :-k

Apparently the religion that you have gotten into has taught you to believe that the Greatest Creator is vengeful and will harm those who don't pacify its ego. Why else would it choreograph disaster upon the objects of its very own creation?

The religion that you have embrace isn't even a sound theology. It necessarily requires a selfish vengeful "Greatest Creator" who lashes out against its own inferior creations if they aren't worshiping its ego.

Think about that. This is what ancient people used to believe. It doesn't even make any "serious" theological sense. They created an imaginary God who becomes angry and hostile toward humans who don't appease it. That's not a respectable God anyway. All that amounts to is a God who has some serious personality issues. A God who is more concerned with his own ego than with the objects of his own creation.

Is that really a God worthy of reverence? :-k

If we were created by such an immature and selfish God, he still wouldn't be worth revering.

And besides, we know have proof that natural disasters are simply the result of natural forces. There is no angry God throwing lightening bolts at people, etc. Those are ancient superstitions that have since been shown to be false.

So you have fallen for a demonstrably false theology. Why not acknowledge the mistake and move on to better things?

You don't even need to give up the hope that life may ultimately be magical. That could still turn out to be true. But clearly any religion that proclaims that their God needs to be revered to stop him from plaguing humans with diseases and natural disasters is clearly false.

If there is a God He, She, It is not a vengeful idiot who lashes out at humans who don't revere it. That much we can know. :D
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

ivysunday
Sage

Post #33

Post by ivysunday »

[Replying to post 32 by Divine Insight]

I don't want to talk to you anymore, as you are so talkative while i am not good at debating. I am not going to change you, and you cannot change me, as so far you didn't change one religion.
Lifechanyuan is not religion or organization, we are just people who want to live according to our nature.

ivysunday
Sage

Post #34

Post by ivysunday »

How Far You are From Heaven

Xuefeng
(Translated by Tongxin and Edited by Kaer)

Do you believe that there is a place in the universe where everyone loves each other and treats each other kindly and where people never quarrel or fight, where there is no marriage, family, currency, or personal property, and where people never worry about food, clothes, shelter, transportation, living, aging, sickness, or death? It is a place where the environment is beautiful and serene like Xanadu and where people often play games and have endless fun together, a place where love is free and everyone does their work freely, nobody manages or monitors them, “no one would pocket anything found on the ground, and doors are not bolted at night�, where people and people, and people and nature coexist harmoniously and never harm each other?

Do you still not believe in the existence of heaven? If you believe what I am saying here, then come to see how near you have come to heaven now.

If you do not believe that you are made by the Greatest Creator, but rather by your parents, then you are endlessly far from heaven.

If you never save wealth in heaven, then you are 108,000 kilometers away from heaven (“108, 000 kilometers� is a Chinese proverb to describe a tremendous distance between two places).

If you did not pay off your debts from all previous lives, then you are still very far from heaven.

If you think marriage, family and relatives are the biggest wealth in your life, then you are quite far from heaven.

If you think the biggest pride and honor in life is to own money, power, and fame, then you are still very far from heaven.

If there are still poisonous weeds like jealousy, complaining, anger, possession, control, hypocrisy, selfishness, greed, pride, laziness, comparison, precaution, meanness,cruelty, extravagance, waste, or resentment growing in your soul garden, then you are very far from heaven.

If you never know what confession and apology are, then you are very far from heaven.

If you never know about gratitude, then you are very far from heaven.

If you still covet your personal property, then you are very far from heaven.

If your love is only focused on a small group of people, then you are very far from heaven.

If you want to control or hamper anyone’s freedom, then you are very far from heaven.

If you often tell your sad stories or complain a lot to others, then you are very far from heaven.

If you have not returned to a childlike state, then you are very far from heaven.

If the above situations do not exist, then you are just one step away from heaven.

Why can you not see the scenery of heaven? Because you are too far from it. If you try to get close to heaven, step by step, the scenery will become clearer, eventually you will see heaven. Just have a try if you do not believe me.

Oct 7, 2013

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #35

Post by Divine Insight »

ivysunday wrote: [Replying to post 32 by Divine Insight]

I don't want to talk to you anymore, as you are so talkative while i am not good at debating. I am not going to change you, and you cannot change me, as so far you didn't change one religion.
Lifechanyuan is not religion or organization, we are just people who want to live according to our nature.
That's fine. So you are posting on a public general chat forum but you are only interested in telling other people what you believe whilst totally rejecting what they believe.

I guess you plan on telling the UN the same thing then. If they refuse to allow you to dictate everything to them, then you simply refuse to play and tell them that you aren't interested in talking to them anymore. They'll be quite happy about that I'm sure.
[center]Image
[/center]

ivysunday
Sage

Post #36

Post by ivysunday »

Divine Insight wrote:
ivysunday wrote: [Replying to post 32 by Divine Insight]

That's fine. So you are posting on a public general chat forum but you are only interested in telling other people what you believe whilst totally rejecting what they believe.

I guess you plan on telling the UN the same thing then. If they refuse to allow you to dictate everything to them, then you simply refuse to play and tell them that you aren't interested in talking to them anymore. They'll be quite happy about that I'm sure.
What can i do if you don't agree with me, keep arguing? And you cannot represent others. You job is debating here, while my mission is to spread the Lifechanyuan values, so, am i wrong stop arguing?

ivysunday
Sage

Post #37

Post by ivysunday »

Who is Wrong?

Xuefeng
( Edited by Kaer)

No one in the world is wrong. Everyone is right.

If we think that everything in the world is right, that proves that we are right.

If we think that everything in the world is wrong, that proves that we are wrong.

No one is wrong. It is you who are wrong.

Mice burrow, are they wrong? The mice think they are right, but that mankind is wrong.

Cats catch mice, are they wrong? The cats are not wrong, because they believe that what they do is perfectly justified. Wolves eat meat. Sheep eat grass. Who is right and who is wrong? All are right. If we think it is not right, that means our understanding of things is not right.

Some believe in Christianity, some believe in Buddhism, some believe in Marxism. Who is right and who is wrong? All are right. If we think that some beliefs are wrong, that proves our understanding has a problem.

Some like money, some like beauty, some prefer to be alone, some like to fight. Who is right and who is wrong? All are right. If we think they are wrong, that only proves that we are wrong.

Some are addicted to be the police; some are fascinated to be thieves. Is anybody wrong? Nobody is wrong.

Are lazy people wrong? Are hard working people right? We are not the ones to say who is right and who is wrong. We can only say what is right for our very selves.

Is the arrangement of heaven wrong? No! If you think heaven’s arrangement is wrong, it is because we ourselves are wrong.

It is only we who are wrong. We have no one and nothing to blame, not heaven, not the earth, not society, and not others.

Ten Thousand Dharmas are mere consciousness. Reality is created by mind.

Whether the structure of the water molecule is beautiful or ugly depends completely on our attitude towards it.

Are you sick? Do not resent society and others. It is your own fault.

Are you in poverty? Do not resent society and others. It is your own fault.

Do you have a troubled mind? Do not blame society and others. It is your own fault.

Is the Greatest Creator dead? The Greatest Creator is not dead. It is you who are dead.

Is Buddha not compassionate? Buddha is very compassionate. It is you who are not.

In this view, wars, plagues, earthquakes, floods, and fires, are not wrong. It is we who are wrong.

In this view, burning and looting, embezzlement and theft, bribery and rampant Mafia-style activities are not wrong. It is we who are wrong.

The reality that we think is not reality, but rather a reflection of our subjective consciousness. It is our subjective consciousness that creates our reality in our minds.

Quantum mechanics tells us that the existence form of the thing is closely related to the observer. That is to say, the thing being observed is the result of the observer. The action of the being observed depends on the observer's state of mind.

For the same man, Xuefeng:

Some see him as the messenger of the Greatest Creator and the incarnation of Gods and Buddha

Some see him as a witch and a madman, a fake preacher in the cloak of the Greatest Creator

Some see him as a friend and a second-half

Some see him as a street shrew

Some see him as a saint

Some see him as an erotomaniac

After all, what he is depends on the cognitive way and the mentality of the observer.

This further indicates that only when you have Gods and Buddha in your mind, can you see Gods and Buddha, and only when you have devils in your mind, can you see devils. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." The devil is in the eye of the enemy. This is in line with the conclusions of the quantum mechanics.

Tao learners are to change themselves, rather than change others or society. If you do not change yourself, society and people will never change. If you change yourself, society and others will change accordingly.

Similarly, if you want to enjoy a better environment, you must first have a beautiful soul. If you do not have a beautiful soul, you will never have a beautiful environment.

This is one of the eight secrets of LIFE. If we want to live in the thousand-year world, we must first acquire consciousnesses and souls that are fit for the thousand-year world. Once we get these consciousnesses and souls, it will be as easy as rolling a log for us to enter the thousand-year world. The difficult thing is not that we cannot go, it is that we cannot adjust our thinking because thinking has inertia. Laziness and unwillingness to engage in in-depth discussions and thinking are commonalities for people. Letting our thinking run according to convention is the easiest and simplest, but it has no future.

Do you want to get rid of your immediate dilemma? You must first realize that you are wrong. The plight before your eyes is the objective reflection of your false consciousness. If your false consciousness remains unchanged, then your immediate plight can never be clear of it. Even if you escape from this predicament, the next predicaments will arrive unceasingly and in quick succession.

It is only when you realize your mistake that you can find the right direction in which to go. It is only when you understand that the world is not wrong that it is you who are wrong, that you can see the ultimate goal of Life, and only when you know the ultimate goal of Life, that your LIFE can go to the higher level.

Do you want to jump off a building and kill yourself? Jump! You can go to hell after the jump. Do you want to cultivate Tao and become immortal? Do it! You can go to heaven after the cultivation.

Do you want to suffer? No problem. Just go on a wild goose chase and stick to your narrow mind and just think you are never wrong. Then you can expect suffering and torment.

Do you want to be joyful and blessed? No problem. Just open your mind and engage in unconventional thinking, just realize that you are wrong, and then you will have infinite joy and blessings.

Did I say wrong?

Who is wrong, you or I?

I know I am wrong,

but are you right?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #38

Post by Divine Insight »

ivysunday wrote: Just open your mind and engage in unconventional thinking, just realize that you are wrong, and then you will have infinite joy and blessings.
As I see it the problem you have is that you are making a totally unwarranted assumption that everyone who doesn't think like you is somehow unhappy and suffering great pain and hardships. You also appear to believe that everyone blames all their personal problems on others.

So apparently those are the people you are attempting to address.

The reason I can see through your nonsense is because none of the assumptions you are making about other people apply to me.

Obviously you do have a potential audience in those who are suffering great hardships and blaming everyone else for those hardships. Of course, those people aren't likely to change their ways.

I'll be the first to agree that many people are the cause of their own mental anguish. But that fits right in with a secular worldview as well. :D

And yes, if those people would realize their folly and start taking action to change their own outlook on life they could indeed be much more productive, optimistic, and happy. No question about that.

The only point I would make is that this is true in a purely secular world. There is no need to imagine an invisible entity in order for people to take control of their own lives.

Also, I might add, that people who would not bother to change their own life and just try to believe in an invisible God who will supposedly solve all their problems would most likely not be believers for very long in any case. Because what is truly required for them to be happy is to change their own behavior. Not simply think that some invisible God is going to magically make everything rosy for them.

Is it true that "some people" have turned to religion AND simultaneously changed their own behavior in the process? Yes, in fact, that's a common theme that helps keeping many religions going. People get frustrated with their own life and behavior, so they turn to religion and then CHANGE their own behavior and start having better live. They would then naturally attribute their better life to the imaginary God. But in truth their lives changed for the better because they changed their own behavior.

For example, a criminal who becomes religious and stops committing crimes is definitely going to benefit from changing his or her behavior.

I used to smoke cigarettes, pretty heavily too. One day I decided to quit and did just that. I didn't appeal to any imaginary gods. I simply chose to quit and did it on my own. That was over 30 years ago and I haven't smoked a cigarette since. In fact, the very idea of smoking cigarettes disgusts me now.

Did I benefit from my change in behavior? Absolutely. I'm much healthier today that I would be if I hadn't quit. Were any Gods involved? Absolutely not.

So yes, changing our behavior can make a big difference.

Are any Gods required? Nope.

And the type of people you describe would indeed benefit from a change in their behavior. Most of them are already religious by the way!

But there's simply no need to attribute the benefits of human growth and maturity to a belief in any Gods. For some people that may be a needed crutch. But for many it's simply an unnecessary additional baggage.

Keep in mind that many religions come complete with a doctrine of bigotry toward other people, including non-believers. That's a form of bigotry too. Preaching that atheists can't have an enjoyable life without believing in a God is to preach bigotry toward those who don't believe in invisible fantasies. So religion naturally begets bigotry.
[center]Image
[/center]

ivysunday
Sage

Post #39

Post by ivysunday »

[Replying to post 38 by Divine Insight]

You are right. You are very smart guy and have a good control of your life. Hope everyone have your ability.
By the way , in the letter i shared, we didn't mention any god, we just mentioned the life mode and production mode.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #40

Post by Divine Insight »

ivysunday wrote: [Replying to post 38 by Divine Insight]

You are right. You are very smart guy and have a good control of your life. Hope everyone have your ability.
By the way , in the letter i shared, we didn't mention any god, we just mentioned the life mode and production mode.
If that's the case then you should be able to make all of your proposals, arguments, and points from a purely secular perspective. No need to bring religion into the mix at all.

Keep in mind that my original reply to your proposal was an alternative secular solution, which you aren't interested in precisely because it is a secular view apparently.

Your reply was the following in post #5
ivysunday wrote: You want people to accept your solutions, didn't you see that this is the problem? The core crisis human are facing are crisis of soul.
You don't want to mention God, even if it is the truth, just because you lose your faith in religion. We are not an organization, we are just people who want to live happily by the way as we are created for. According to the Holy Bible and the Koran, Jehovah and Allah are the creators of all things in the Universe. Undoubtedly, they are the Taiji in the Chinese Taoism. Though they have different names, they are the same thing in nature.
You object us, because you do not understand us, you do not know what is Tao, what is the way of the Greatest Creator, the way of nature.
After reading below article, you might want to think it again.
So you are the one who instantly brings religious dogma into the conversation. Specially supporting the Abrahamic Religions and their "Jehovah and Allah".

The moment you do that you are instantly supporting all of the dogma contained in the Holy Bible and the Koran. Both of which you have even cited directly in your above quote. I have very legitimate secular reasons to reject the content of those doctrines as being clearly immoral and unproductive.

So you bring that baggage with you to the table. I didn't bring it.

It may not have been in your letter, but it's clearly going to be in your follow-up arguments for the "lifestyle" you are proposing.

I suggest that this introduces extreme problems that would not even exist in a secular proposal.

For example, you will immediately face the fact that theologians, apologists, and clergy from those very religions that you have cited are going to argue against your "interpretations" of their dogmas. So you will be faced with that battle immediately.

And history has shown that these religious battles do not result in harmony. To the contrary they result in extreme division and even "Holy Wars".

Look at how Islam has fallen apart into divisive factions of Sunnis versus Shites that argue over what they feel Allah stands for. In Christianity there are countless disagreeing factions of Protestantisms that are constantly arguing with each other over what Jesus and Yahweh stand for. And this is in addition to the original division between Catholicism and Protestantism in the first place. Protestants and Catholics have a history of violence toward each other in the name of Jesus and Yahweh.

Following the dogmatic doctrines of these religions does not lead to peace and harmony. Yet you want to go down that road that has already been historically proven to result in division and Holy War.

The further you remove yourself from those doctrines the better off you'll be.

Now if you want to talk about the "Tao" and "Nature" that's an entirely different doctrine. There is no dogma in the teachings of the Tao that has mankind falling from grace from a jealous dictator God who decrees that all humans are sinners deserving of hell lest they accept the orchestrated crucifixion of himself (or his son) to pay for their undeserved amnesty as in the doctrine of Christianity.

So while you are prepared to toss the Tao into the dogma of Christianity, there really is no justification for this.

Also, if we view the "Tao" as just another word for "Nature", then secularists worship the Tao too since they revere "Nature".

So all you really need to do is become a secularist and support a lifestyle that is in harmony with Nature.

I'm a secularist who supports any proposal that can be shown to place us in harmony with Nature. Therefore that's all you need to present.

Moreover, if your religious views are based solely on behaviors that are in harmony with nature, then there would be no reason for your religious view to be in conflict with my secular views.

The problem with the religious dogmas that you have cited (i.e. the Holy Bible and the Koran), is that they make demands that have absolutely nothing at all to do with being in harmony with nature.

For example, what does proclaiming that Jesus was the Sacrificial Lamb of a Jealous God have to do with living in harmony with nature?

Absolutely nothing.

So once again, I'm simply making the case that if your goal is to get humanity to live in harmony with nature, you'd actually be far better off leaving religion out of the picture entirely.

There are extremely good secular arguments for why humanity needs to live in harmony with the natural world. No need to bring any Jealous God or "Sacrificial Lambs" into the picture.

Secular arguments are actually far more powerful. They simply stand on the facts without any need to proclaim the existence of jealous Gods or a need for any sacrificial lambs.

By the way, you do realize that to appease the Christians you'll need to confess that Jesus Christ is King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, and that no one can get to God but through Christ?

And every Christian is going to demand different criteria for that confession.

This is why the Christians are often fighting Christians. They disagree on what it even means to accept Jesus as the Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

Forget about trying to live in harmony with nature. They are too busy fighting over Jesus. And the Muslims are fighting with each other over Allah.

These religions have not caused cultures to live in harmony with nature. To the contrary, they have caused more conflict than harmony.

~~~~~~

So the bottom line for me is that if you are talking about lifestyles that are in harmony with nature I'm all for that. And so is secularism.

But if you're going to support these divisive dogmas, then as far as I can see you're already introducing unnecessary discord and religious violence. Your hope to get people to live in harmony with nature will be hopelessly lost in dogmatic disagreements.

That's all I'm saying. You're far better off just making a secular case for why humanity is better off living in harmony with nature.
[center]Image
[/center]