Determining the Age of Planet Earth

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Determining the Age of Planet Earth

Post #1

Post by Aetixintro »

OR gate test estimate of Earth Age: 45 million years +/- 2000 years.

OR gate testing is fun, right? A part of Quantum Computing aspects.

So what has taken place during the course of these 45 million years or so? For us to speculate further.

Cool or what? So what do you think? Do you support QR gate testing?
Explanation, OR gate: the OR gate is constructed by leading electricity up a wire and splitting in into 2 strands that is qualified at the ends as 1 on the first and 0 on the other. As electricity goes up the wire, there's a quantum nature of reality that quite "magically" splits the electrons into 1s and 0s as you register the signal hits on each strand. This can be used in a diverse number of useful ways, also as the most true randomizer test (rather than lottery balls or other) straight from nature by nature's own principles.
OR gate, Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OR_gate
Quantum Physics by electrons, Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Re: Determining the Age of Planet Earth

Post #2

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to post 1 by Aetixintro]
OR gate test estimate of Earth Age: 45 million years +/- 2000 years.
You're out by a factor of about 100. I don't know how an OR gate can tell you the age of the Earth, but we know that number from other methods and the correct answer is 4.6 billion years. You must have used a faulty OR gate to get 45 million.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 2 by DrNoGods]

You say you do not understand the OR gate testing and yet you claim that I've used a faulty OR gate test. You do not see the contradiction despite being this scientist by usergroup?

As I am open with my OR gate test approach, why don't you refer to your "number of methods" in getting an answer of 4.6 billion years? You are merely putting forth an unfounded claim which again is not very scientific.

But let me start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth of which one of these methods are Radiometric dating all the way from 1907 (which is a very early date for such). Radiometric dating: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiometric_dating.

Just for the formality: the Bible is known to say that the Earth is 6000 years or by Roman MMMMMM a very large number, 6000 being one of the biggest numbers from the era at 500 AD / CE or so.

I may need further studies into radiometric dating and its "infallibility", but OR gate testing may be an extremely reliable method as well without us understanding exactly why or how this is the case. See for example "The Fantastic Phenomena or of Freak Nature as Accounts of Reality" by link to Facebook text: https://www.facebook.com/notes/lukas-f- ... 606236984/ which even suggests God as plausible despite all your "school book" science as scientist. :study: :D 8-)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

Aetixintro wrote:
Just for the formality: the Bible is known to say that the Earth is 6000 years or by Roman MMMMMM a very large number, 6000 being one of the biggest numbers from the era at 500 AD / CE or so.
No, the Bible never states directly the age of the earth.

Numbers 1:46 states the following:

"The total number was 603,550."

Given that, 6,000 is not a particularly large number for the Bible even if the Bible had mentioned it, which it doesn't.

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to post 3 by Aetixintro]
You say you do not understand the OR gate testing ...

I didn't say that I don't understand what an OR gate is, or how it works (I do), but I don't see how using one in any fashion can yield an age for the earth. What, specifically, are the inputs to your OR gate? You need to explain that part as all you said in the OP is that an "OR gate test" yielded an age for the earth, without explaining the inputs to the OR gate.
the Bible is known to say that the Earth is 6000 years.

As pointed out by Tcg, the bible does not specifically give an age for the earth. The ~6000 year number comes from biblical chronology and working out dates for the various humans (most of which are imaginary, such as Adam and Eve, Noah, etc.) and creating a time line. This method also yields an age for when a global flood supposedly happened and killed all but 8 humans a measly 4,400 years ago (or so). And we know there was no literal global flood 4,400 years ago, or that a 600 year old human built the boat for it and lived to 950 years, etc. These are myths, so their dates do not really matter. That is the nice thing about fiction ... you can make up anything you like and if it is interesting reading it can become popular.

Radiometric dating does work when applied properly, and is consistent with other information:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_Earth

Would you complain about it if it did not contradict the biblical narrative? Or, like most theists, do you only challenge those scientific principles and observation methods that disprove biblical stories?
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

Mark Twain

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 5 by DrNoGods]
Would you complain about it if it did not contradict the biblical narrative? Or, like most theists, do you only challenge those scientific principles and observation methods that disprove biblical stories?
To me, science always takes higher ground and a little rule of thumb may say science into religion and not religion into science. Though, some people mistake the seriousness religious people put into their religious lives in terms of making the whole of reality come together with the religious conviction.

So, clearly, I have absolutely no problem with science and the story of the Bible. Until then, science remains science and the story of the Bible is named poetry or thereof. However, beyond science, religion is the feeling of something true out there, so to speak. Religion is a belief because one way or another it is TRUE!

As you may tell then, I have no need to lie to you, but the Atheists who are without (Kantian) ethics by their own account can be said to lie or else lose their entire foundation for continued life. Don't you think? Just in case evil is their way in life and that they convince themselves it is necessarily so.

Any good? :study:

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to post 6 by Aetixintro]
As you may tell then, I have no need to lie to you, but the Atheists who are without (Kantian) ethics by their own account can be said to lie or else lose their entire foundation for continued life. Don't you think? Just in case evil is their way in life and that they convince themselves it is necessarily so.

Atheism is simply the lack of belief in any gods. It is not a belief system and it has nothing to do with good or evil, morals (or lack thereof), ethics, etc. It is perfectly normal for an atheist to be a good, moral person, and to behave ethically, and most do. Belief in a god of some sort is not necessary in order for someone to have good morals and ethics as these things do not come from religion ... they are inherent in social animals of all types, including humans.
John Paul Jones, 1779

Mark Twain

EarthScienceguy
Guru

Post #8

Post by EarthScienceguy »

There is no way that the Earth can be over 55k.

1. Carbon 14 has been found in diamonds. This would be impossible if the earth was older than 55 K

Donray
Guru

Post #9

Post by Donray »

Aetixintro wrote:
Explanation, OR gate: the OR gate is constructed by leading electricity up a wire and splitting in into 2 strands that is qualified at the ends as 1 on the first and 0 on the other. As electricity goes up the wire, there's a quantum nature of reality that quite "magically" splits the electrons into 1s and 0s as you register the signal hits on each strand. This can be used in a diverse number of useful ways, also as the most true randomizer test (rather than lottery balls or other) straight from nature by nature's own principles.
OR gate, Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OR_gate
Quantum Physics by electrons, Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum
Where did you get this definition of an OR gate?????

I built computers and know that that is not the difinition of an OR gate.

So, before I call a lair please give me the reference where you got the quote of an OR gate???