WHAT THE MARK OF THE BEAST IS AND THE MEANING OF 666

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

christiang
Student

WHAT THE MARK OF THE BEAST IS AND THE MEANING OF 666

Post #1

Post by christiang »

I have written a bible study on what is the "mark of the beast", why it is evil, how it is nearly impossible to buy or sell without it, what the "right hand" and "forehead" symbolize, and what 666 means.

Check out the study here http://www.wisdomofgod.us/2019/01/07/wh ... ng-of-666/ .

Also available in Spanish here http://www.sabiduriadedios.com/2019/01/ ... do-de-666/ .

William
Savant

Re: WHAT THE MARK OF THE BEAST IS AND THE MEANING OF 666

Post #2

Post by William »

[Replying to post 1 by christiang]
I have written a bible study on what is the "mark of the beast", why it is evil, how it is nearly impossible to buy or sell without it, what the "right hand" and "forehead" symbolize, and what 666 means.
This reminds me that you didn't answer my question to you in post #2 of the last thread you created..."The Identity of the Beast of Revelation and His Mark "

My question:

Q: How do you manage to survive without using these value systems?

Now this new thread has it that "it is nearly impossible to buy or sell without" that special mark, which is a new spin on an old subject. Normally the word 'nearly' is not used...

Q: So how do you avoid participating with this system?

Note: If you reply something along the lines of "the answer to that can be found in my writing that I linked" I will understand then that this thread was created for that purpose, rather than to debate anything.

I might still be interested in going and looking to see if indeed you are being truthful, or I might just *shrug* and assume if it were that interesting you would want to talk about it here.

:)

christiang
Student

Post #3

Post by christiang »

[Replying to post 2 by William]

By buying gold and silver bullion, stocking up on food for years, paying rent years in advance, and purchasing necessities.

William
Savant

Post #4

Post by William »

[Replying to post 3 by christiang]
Q: So how do you avoid participating with this system?
By buying gold and silver bullion, stocking up on food for years, paying rent years in advance, and purchasing necessities.
So what happens when the food runs out? What about when the rates are due? What about if the landlord is told he cannot rent to you because you are not part of that system?

I mean, I am not convinced that you are really avoiding any participation with that system. It means that one has to be quite well off (rich) to begin with in order to NOT participate and is it not written that everyone rich and poor etc will be caught in that system?

I can see why, in our last exchange, you defended the value of gold and silver as being acceptable in the sight of your idea of GOD.

But really, if your advice to people on how to escape that system in to horde gold and silver, stock up years worth of food and pay rent years in advance, for most folk around here, such things are beyond their reach. So you are wasting your warnings and rubbing vinegar into wounds.

christiang
Student

Post #5

Post by christiang »

[Replying to post 4 by William]

There Israelites survived on far less than we could stocking up on supplies, they wandered in a dessert for 40 years. God will always provide food, at the very least, to those who obey his commandments.

William
Savant

Post #6

Post by William »

[Replying to post 5 by christiang]
There Israelites survived on far less than we could stocking up on supplies, they wandered in a dessert for 40 years. God will always provide food, at the very least, to those who obey his commandments.
So is that your contingency plan should your gold silver food and rent idea bottom up?

I sincerely think that while you have focused your attention and time and effort to creating this particular interpretation of future events, you have only really succeeded in presenting something which has great holes of logic in it showing clearly the weaknesses therein.

christiang
Student

Post #7

Post by christiang »

[Replying to post 6 by William]

Holes of logic? Lets see....

Paper money has no intrinsic value. Paper money is devalued daily, which is why an ounce of gold 100 years ago was $20 USD and now it is around $1,280 USD. Paper money is issued to everyone rich and poor, everywhere in the world. You cannot buy or sell without paper money.

The Torah forbids false quantities and measures, which is what paper money is, and calls it an abomination, therefore, taking into account all the characteristics above of paper money, and knowing it is evil in the context of the Torah, and comparing it to the characteristics of the mark in Revelation, paper money IS the mark of the beast. This is the logical conclusion. There is no denying it. Only someone who doesn't want to accept this truth will refuse to accept it as such.

Tcg
Savant

Post #8

Post by Tcg »

christiang wrote:
You cannot buy or sell without paper money.
My father spent the early part of his career helping pioneer credit cards. In the early sixties, he and some associates set up an experiment where an employee agreed to not use cash for a month. The only problem they experienced was paying bridge toll fees.

Today with E-ZPass and other similar methods to pay tolls, even the need for this mundane use of cash has been eliminated. The adding of ATM cards to the mix a few decades ago has virtually eliminated the need for cash.

…paper money IS the mark of the beast.
I can't agree at all, especially given that most, if not all, things we need for survival can be purchased without it. Beyond that, the most logical understanding of the mark of the beast is that it is a tattoo of some sort.

There is no denying it.
Sure there is. I just did.

Only someone who doesn't want to accept this truth will refuse to accept it as such.
I don't want to accept it because it doesn't match scripture. Revelation is talking about a tattoo or other form of mark on the skin that will allow folks to buy goods if and only if they show it to the seller. There is nothing mysterious about this even though it is based on a rather primitive view of commerce.

christiang
Student

Post #9

Post by christiang »

[Replying to post 8 by Tcg]

Are you so dull to not understand that debit cards are based on paper money? ALL fiat currency is evil, whether in the form of paper money, or digital money, because it is a false quantity. You're refusing to see the obvious, because you don't want to. So be it, continue using fiat currency, at the expense of your own soul. I have nothing to gain from you believing my words, believe or do not believe.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #10

Post by Bust Nak »

christiang wrote: ALL fiat currency is evil, whether in the form of paper money, or digital money...
If you knew the term fiat currency, and that paper money and difital money are forms of fiat currency, why would you say such things as "you cannot buy or sell without paper money" or "debit cards are based on paper money?"

Why didn't you say "you cannot buy or sell without fiat money. Debit cards are based on fiat money" instead?