Talking About Aliens ... About Jesus Returning...

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Talking About Aliens ... About Jesus Returning...

Post #1

Post by William »

There has been a bit of writing by some forum members - I among them - to do with this subject of *Aliens*

For example;
If I saw Jesus descending on a cloud with an army of angels I would absolutely conclude that this is the work of aliens, and not very friendly aliens at that.
[link to the post]

It seems very obvious to me that the Christian beliefs to do with Jesus returning - such as they are prophesied - have passed the use-by date and can no longer happen in the fashion believed, because, *Aliens*.

I have argued this before, and one attempt to rebuff this argument was words to the effect that "Jesus comes from another dimensional reality - therefore *not aliens*" to which I questioned with words to the effect " Why would it make any difference, "Aliens" "Inter-dimensional beings?"

My point being that, humanity has advanced it's knowledge-base to the degree that we would understand any such event actually unfolding as something other than "Jesus-as-the-messiah-representative of GOD" but rather "Individual claiming to be representing GOD in the flesh - in the form of a humanoid icon -" as being an *Alien*.

In terms of what miraculous powers Jesus returning is said will be displayed, the world will not see these as evidence of GOD, but of an alien/alien species so much more highly advanced than our own.

Indeed, such an event would settle for all time - as the penny drops - as to the source of all the most popular religious belief systems.

All except for those who believe that they have always been worshipers of their idea of GOD. Rather, they will turn a blind eye to the obvious conclusion to draw and will accept the alien as GOD and worship Him as they believe a GOD must be worshiped.

The rest of the world will just have to wait and see how the Alien(s) behave in relation to them.

1: Will the Alien demand to be worshiped - not just as a 'GOD' but as THE GOD - or

2: Will he/they expect us to accept he/them for who he/they really are and be grateful for any help that they might offer - or,

3: Will they remain hidden and allow for us to make it as a species largely on our own motivation, or to die not trying?

If they exist, then so far number 3 continues to be what is going on.

I like the idea of number 3 because it allows for the chance for humanity to use our collective potential to create a real alternative to our present reality, largely on our own terms.

But also lately I have been having doubts as to the sanity of that way of thinking. Asking myself such questions as "Am I being real - realistic?" and "Is the glass half empty rather than half full" etc.

This is why I started think about number 2 as an alternative to number 1 - as far as the scenarios go.

Number 2 has the capability of saying something along the lines of.

"Yes - we realized how human beings have reacted to our showing ourselves in the past, and in some cases we did indeed allow for them to believe what their imaginations were telling them...that we were their creators...but they put words into our mouths as well.

We stood back and watched how you would evolve and wanted you all as a species to be able to work things out mostly on your own - with very little input from us, in the hope that your would achieve this.

We only now show ourselves because we cannot stand by and allow you to destroy the planet so completely that biological life forms can no longer easily exist.

It is to your greatest shame that we have had to intervene because of this, but for the fact that there were multitudes of humans who wanted to do things to help the healing, but they were prevented by some humans with positions of powers and influence to do so.

In this light, we take up the position of "GODs" in judgement of those who actively resisted the healing changes necessary, despite the many who wanted this to happen.

No, we are not your 'creators'. Yes we are able to act as GODs on behalf of creation."

Given our current shared position is number 3, in relation the the OP subject and your particular position of belief;

Q: Which of these scenarios do you favor the most and why?

Savant

Re: Talking About Aliens ... About Jesus Returning...

Post #11

Post by 1213 »

William wrote: ...
1: Will the Alien demand to be worshiped - not just as a 'GOD' but as THE GOD - or

2: Will he/they expect us to accept he/them for who he/they really are and be grateful for any help that they might offer - or,

3: Will they remain hidden and allow for us to make it as a species largely on our own motivation, or to die not trying?

If they exist, then so far number 3 continues to be what is going on.
I think there will come “alien� that demands to be worshiped as the one and only true God. But at this point the “aliens� seem to be hidden and allow us to continue and prepare the “throne� for the “alien�.

But I believe, there are two kind of “aliens�, “angels� and “demons�. And obviously they will do different things. I favor the angels.

Mithrae
Prodigy

Post #12

Post by Mithrae »

William wrote: Q: Which of these scenarios do you favor the most and why?
Seems aliens are always either about universal peace and harmony, or conquest and domination. Why can't they just pop around to borrow the lawn mower, so to speak? It's not very easy to see why they would find us any more interesting than we find the average dolphin or whale species, and care what we do with ourselves and our planet about as much as we care about the five earlier mass-extinction events it's been through.

William
Savant

Post #13

Post by William »

[Replying to post 11 by 1213]
I think there will come “alien� that demands to be worshiped as the one and only true God. But at this point the “aliens� seem to be hidden and allow us to continue and prepare the “throne� for the “alien�.

But I believe, there are two kind of “aliens�, “angels� and “demons�. And obviously they will do different things. I favor the angels.
Yes. For many years I have understood this belief to be a major chink in the prophetic armor.

The problem with it that the angelic side have to depend on the demonic side to play by those rules. All the the demonic side has to do is remain hidden (option [3] in the list) and the angelic side cannot intervene without being seen as the demonic side.

eta:

In other words, if the demonic remain hidden, then Jesus cannot return.
Last edited by William on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William
Savant

Post #14

Post by William »

[Replying to post 12 by Mithrae]
Seems aliens are always either about universal peace and harmony, or conquest and domination. Why can't they just pop around to borrow the lawn mower, so to speak? It's not very easy to see why they would find us any more interesting than we find the average dolphin or whale species, and care what we do with ourselves and our planet about as much as we care about the five earlier mass-extinction events it's been through.
Yes, but how does your commentary answer the question quoted? Your statement above appears to have nothing much to do with the thread topic.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #15

Post by JehovahsWitness »

William wrote:
The problem with it that the angelic side have to depend on the demonic side to play by those rules. All the the demonic side has to do is remain hidden (option [3] in the list) and the angelic side cannot intervene without being seen as the demonic side.

Well I dont see that as a problem. The way I see it, the "rules" for the demons are that there are no rules ( save for the common sense rule not to reveal themselves too openly to the uninitiated, which would probably backfire, scaring the masses to bible class). If the rules for demons are "anything goes" conversely the rules for angels are that "nothing goes" in that angels doing the exact opposite to the demons respect the bible's complete prohibition of any direct contact between them with any humans in the post Apostolic age.

That way humans ( who are pretty much like babies in traffic when it comes to the supernatural) are protected and able to know "where the voices are coming from", who is levitating their guru durjng meditation or if that vision of the pretty lady in the white robe with the blue sash really was the virgin Mary, a sign of mental illness or a pretty demon in a white robe with the blue sash!

JW

RELATED POSTS

A demons omniscient?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 291#848291

How can NDE (Near Death Experriences) be explained?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 332#928332

How to Jehovah's Witnesses view suprnatural experiences?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 691#932691
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

William
Savant

Post #16

Post by William »

[Replying to post 15 by JehovahsWitness]
Well I dont see that as a problem...
The rest of your post doesn't seem to clearly address the OPQ or indeed, my reply to post #11.

Simply put, the observation I made was that if the demonic "aliens" remain hidden, then Jesus cannot return as per that interpretation of prophecy that the demons present themselves first and Jesus after that.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #17

William wrote:

Simply put, the observation I made was that if the demonic "aliens" remain hidden, then Jesus cannot return as per that interpretation of prophecy that the demons present themselves first and Jesus after that.

Yes I agree with you, I dont see that idea (that "the demons present themselves first and Jesus after that") as scripturally sound if the meaning is that Chriist has to wait on them until they choose of their own fruition to do this... this interpretation is illogical since that would place Christ's return firmly in the hands of the demons.

If Christ's return is to ultimately kill Satan and the demons, all they would have to do is keep doing what they're doing to ensure Christ's never returns and they live forever. That's rather like informing a burglar that the police will never come until he (the burglar) calls the police himself and asks to be arrested!

JW

RELATED POSTS

Did Jesus indicate he would return in the first century?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 162#752162

What does the bible mean when it speaks about ARMAGEDDON?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 289#865289

Does the bible really say Jesus is one day going to kill people?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 409#942409

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

William
Savant

Post #18

Post by William »

[Replying to post 17 by JehovahsWitness]
Yes I agree with you, I dont see that idea (that "the demons present themselves first and Jesus after that") as scripturally sound if the meaning is that Chriist has to wait on them until they choose of their own fruition to do this... this interpretation is illogical since that would place Christ's return firmly in the hands of the demons.
This is what I am pointing out. It is an illogical belief to hold to, because of that fundamental flaw. There is no point in your saying that it is 'scripturally sound' because it is the soundness of said scripture which has been pointed out as unsound.

Perhaps if the scripture said that Jesus would return even if the demons kept hidden, then your argument might stand.

If one looks closely at option (3) in the OP, one will read this;
The option to let humanity die not trying is there.

According to some beliefs, the demons are hell-bent on eradicating humanity, so if they hide and the angelic decide to intervene on humanities behalf and take control, then people can say that the prophesy was that demons were going to stage a fake 'Jesus Return' scenario, as post#11 suggested.
1213 in post #11 wrote:I think there will come “alien� that demands to be worshiped as the one and only true God. But at this point the “aliens� seem to be hidden and allow us to continue and prepare the “throne� for the “alien�.
Saying that prophesy can change to suit, isn't an option.
If Christ's return is to ultimately kill Satan and the demons, all they would have to do is keep doing what they're doing to ensure Christ's never returns and they live forever.
Well this universe is a great place to keep demons locked up forever, I will admit.
It ain't such a great place for humans.
Mind you , some people believe humans are demons...
That's rather like informing a burglar that the police will never come until he (the burglar) calls the police himself and asks to be arrested!
It doesn't matter. They way prophecy has been worded, Jesus cannot show himself until after the demonic forces have shown themselves.
They don't need to set up the stage for a fake return of Jesus. They simply have to continue the way that they are, ruling this world while remaining hidden, and lead humanity to self destruction.

Indeed, if the Climate change science is correct, things are going to warm up and the forecast isn't great. If that happens and humanity reaches the point of no return, then biblical prophesy will be shown to be bogus anyway, because none of that was even mentioned. Only the mention of a heavenly savior/alien/angelic species saving humanity from itself/demon species, is mentioned.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #19

William wrote: They way prophecy has been worded, Jesus cannot show himself until after the demonic forces have shown themselves.

I cannot comment on the wording of a specific biblical passage without a reference , I don't see one in the OP, do you have a reference so I can check the wording you are refering to?

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #20

Xx duplicate sorry xx