Being an atheist for these reasons

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

sonicfox
Student

Being an atheist for these reasons

Post #1

Post by sonicfox »

I'm a 21 atheist and hope for some mind changing before (if exists) going to hell
Let's be very clear if you don't know the universe you don't know anything for certainly

Therefore even if we have strong evidence suggesting what Jesus did we don't know if aliens with unknown technolodgy were the cause, making anyone ressurect at will and perform whatever the Bible claims.

Doesn't matter what you can show about aliens logical like they being unable to perform supernatural feats due to not being supernatural themselves.The point is you're dealing with guesses without any demonstration of what they are capable like being the ones who made the universe.Because it isn't logic (and logic is experience about the world and how stuff and things they interact on it) doesn't mean you're right

This is my problem with Christians, logic of today may not be applied tomorrow, maybe it will, we have evidence it will but not certainly proof

My point about aliens is since you can't unfalsify these guesses of aliens, matrix, farting pixies helping us out You cannot believe the claims of Jesus makes because "what else could it be" that made these feats that no human can.Because he asserts his god doesn't mean he is, maybe he's a powerful being with powers

You stay atheist (disbeliever of claims for any god) until AT LEAST we discover whatever there is to discover the universe

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Re: Being an atheist for these reasons

Post #2

Post by StuartJ »

[Replying to post 1 by sonicfox]

Being the man of memes and one-liners, I'm going to wish you good luck in getting straight answers ....

I suggest it's a whole bunch better to remain an atheist for NUMEROUS very good reasons.
No one EVER demonstrates that "God" exists outside their parietal cortex.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

sonicfox wrote: You stay atheist (disbeliever of claims for any god) until AT LEAST we discover whatever there is to discover the universe
I go much further than this when specific theologies are concerned.

I don't need to know everything about the universe to recognize that Santa Claus is an obvious human-created fairytale.

The same is true of many religions, especially the Abrahamic religions. I don't need to know everything about the universe to know that Yahweh and Allah are clearly false man-made fables. And of course, this then obviously applies to Christianity as well since Christianity claims that Jesus was the demigod Son of Yahweh.

I can rule out these specific mythologies in the same way that I can rule out the possibility that any rational number squared could be equal to exactly 2. I don't need to know everything about the universe to understand an obvious contradiction.

Could there be some other type of "God". Something described by some other theologies that don't shoot themselves sins the foot with such obvious contradictions? Sure. But those theologies don't demonstrate compelling evidence for their more abstract concept of "God" either. So while I can rule them out, (and I don't), I see no reason to rule them in either. :D

But yeah, when it comes to any of the Abraham theologies I don't need to know everything about the universe to rule them out. I can rule them out already with my limited knowledge of the true nature of reality.

I have sufficient proof already that they are false. No need to know everything that can possibly be known.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

sonicfox
Student

Post #4

Post by sonicfox »

I disagree with you claiming theeres no need to know the very least the whole universe to verify certainly that Santa isn't real.If you disagree his existence due to unreliability it means you disbelief but to disprove you have to know.

We're dealing with evidence no certainly therefore what you said is invalid

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by ttruscott »

I have never experienced any Church member or Christian speaker ever calling any of these things theories...just sayin'.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Savant

Post #6

Post by 1213 »

sonicfox wrote: ...My point about aliens is since you can't unfalsify these guesses of aliens, matrix, farting pixies helping us out You cannot believe the claims of Jesus makes because "what else could it be" ...
Actually, until something is proven fact, anything can be believed freely. I believe what the Bible tells, because I think it shows wisdom, love and truth that godless humans don’t show. But it is still a belief, if you don’t want to believe, you are free not to believe. But until it is proven impossible, there is no intelligent reason not to believe.

But I think the important matter is not belief, but righteousness, right understanding, wisdom of the just. Without it, no belief is very helpful.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Mat. 25:46

This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the light, and doesn't come to the light, lest his works would be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his works may be revealed, that they have been done in God."

John 3:19-21

sonicfox
Student

Post #7

Post by sonicfox »

[Replying to 1213]

1st paragraph-your position is flawed, you'll believe because of what it gives until someone diproves it, what about the unreliability and the reason that it's imoral to believe in God? Do you not think that your morals are based on him? The. He can decide to delete you from existence without reason. You can say he wouldn't do so but were talking to a being that plays with humans life's , he sends people to hell forever due to disbelief or disagreements, that's like the most evil being in existence

What is important to you is what it teaches, what is important to me is what it threats and if it exists .Please don't reply if you have other topic
and everyone atheist that decides mock Christian's for whatever reason

It's a simple question on the topic of existence, unnecessary comments should be banned

Savant

Post #8

Post by 1213 »

sonicfox wrote: 1st paragraph-your position is flawed, you'll believe because of what it gives until someone diproves it,
I think that is not what I said.
sonicfox wrote:…what about the unreliability and the reason that it's imoral to believe in God?
Please explain, why it is immoral to believe in God?
sonicfox wrote:….Do you not think that your morals are based on him? The. He can decide to delete you from existence without reason. You can say he wouldn't do so but were talking to a being that plays with humans life's , he sends people to hell forever due to disbelief or disagreements, that's like the most evil being in existence
If we believe in God, God has given life, so He has every right to decide how long life He gives. There is no reason why God must give more. And hell is for unrighteous, it is different than non-believers. If unrighteous would be allowed to live eternally, they would make life eternal suffering for all.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Mat. 25:46
sonicfox wrote:It's a simple question on the topic of existence, unnecessary comments should be banned
You said in your first post: “you can't unfalsify these guesses of aliens, matrix, farting pixies�. One reason why it is not possible to falsify is that you have not defined those. For example, what is an alien? Being that is not in this level of existence? For example angels could be called aliens, but still it would not make any difference to what Bible tells.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #9

Post by Divine Insight »

sonicfox wrote: I disagree with you claiming theeres no need to know the very least the whole universe to verify certainly that Santa isn't real.If you disagree his existence due to unreliability it means you disbelief but to disprove you have to know.

We're dealing with evidence no certainly therefore what you said is invalid
If you stick with a position like this then you need to conclude that you can't know anything at all.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]