Jesus is God

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Jesus is God

Post #1

Post by For_The_Kingdom »

First of all, I never knew that so many suspected "unbelievers" in the Christian religion were so fascinated about whether or not Jesus is God. If you don't believe in Jesus or God, then why do you care? It blows my mind.

Anyway..

I have a Biblically simplistic way of proving that Jesus is God..

Argument from Perfection: The Bible is clear, Jesus was/is without sin (morally perfect). The argument goes like this..

1. Only God is without sin
2. Jesus is without sin
3. Therefore, Jesus is God

#1 is virtually undisputed. #2 is Biblical based on two immediate Scriptures..

a. 2 Corin 5:21 "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him".

b. Heb 4:15 "For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin".

Now, the idea is; if you replace Jesus' name in #2 with ANY other name in Heaven or on Earth, the proposition becomes false and the entire syllogism is false.

The conclusion is simple; in order to be God, you must be without sin..and to be without sin, you must be God. Jesus meets/met those requirements, therefore, Jesus is God.

Argument from John 14:1-9: Long story short, Jesus was constantly preaching/lecturing about "The Father this, The Father that"...until Philip finally said "Lord, show us the Father, and that will be good enough"...and Jesus said, "He who has seen me has seen the Father".

Jesus is saying that seeing him is the same has seeing the Father...but if the Father is on SUCH A HIGH PEDESTAL and is light years ahead of any other entity in Heaven or on Earth, how dare Jesus say "He who has seen me has seen the Father".

In other words, if the Father took on human form and made his dwelling among us on Earth, his form would be Jesus.

If the Father is God, and Jesus said to see him is to see the Father, then Jesus must also be God. This just follows logically.

Argument from Hebrews 1:3: "The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being.."

This is the same reasoning applied to Heb 4 (above). If God is the holiest of all holiest, how can any other being come close, must less be the "exact representation" of his being?

How can you be the "exact representation" of someone that is the epitome of holiness/righteousness...unless you yourself is also the epitome of holiness/righteousness?

Actually, you can sum up all three arguments as the "Argument from Perfection"..and of course, there are plenty of other "Trinity proof" Scriptures that I can throw in there, but I wanted to attack this from a different angel.

And lastly, as much as these arguments harmonize, they are all independent...so even if you manage to wiggle your way out of one...you still have to deal with the others.

Actually, there is no way out; Jesus is God, whether we like it or not.

:D

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Re: Jesus is God

Post #431

Post by IaLoaou »

For_The_Kingdom wrote: First of all, I never knew that so many suspected "unbelievers" in the Christian religion were so fascinated about whether or not Jesus is God. If you don't believe in Jesus or God, then why do you care? It blows my mind.

Anyway..

I have a Biblically simplistic way of proving that Jesus is God..

Argument from Perfection: The Bible is clear, Jesus was/is without sin (morally perfect). The argument goes like this..

1. Only God is without sin
2. Jesus is without sin
3. Therefore, Jesus is God

#1 is virtually undisputed. #2 is Biblical based on two immediate Scriptures..

a. 2 Corin 5:21 "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him".

b. Heb 4:15 "For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin".

Now, the idea is; if you replace Jesus' name in #2 with ANY other name in Heaven or on Earth, the proposition becomes false and the entire syllogism is false.

The conclusion is simple; in order to be God, you must be without sin..and to be without sin, you must be God. Jesus meets/met those requirements, therefore, Jesus is God.

Argument from John 14:1-9: Long story short, Jesus was constantly preaching/lecturing about "The Father this, The Father that"...until Philip finally said "Lord, show us the Father, and that will be good enough"...and Jesus said, "He who has seen me has seen the Father".

Jesus is saying that seeing him is the same has seeing the Father...but if the Father is on SUCH A HIGH PEDESTAL and is light years ahead of any other entity in Heaven or on Earth, how dare Jesus say "He who has seen me has seen the Father".

In other words, if the Father took on human form and made his dwelling among us on Earth, his form would be Jesus.

If the Father is God, and Jesus said to see him is to see the Father, then Jesus must also be God. This just follows logically.

Argument from Hebrews 1:3: "The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being.."

This is the same reasoning applied to Heb 4 (above). If God is the holiest of all holiest, how can any other being come close, must less be the "exact representation" of his being?

How can you be the "exact representation" of someone that is the epitome of holiness/righteousness...unless you yourself is also the epitome of holiness/righteousness?

Actually, you can sum up all three arguments as the "Argument from Perfection"..and of course, there are plenty of other "Trinity proof" Scriptures that I can throw in there, but I wanted to attack this from a different angel.

And lastly, as much as these arguments harmonize, they are all independent...so even if you manage to wiggle your way out of one...you still have to deal with the others.

Actually, there is no way out; Jesus is God, whether we like it or not.
Jesus is God over His Father.
True or false?

Jesus is Lord over his Father?
True or false?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #432

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 423 by IaLoaou]

Jesus is God over his Father, true or false? FALSE

Jesus is Lord over his Father, true or false? FALSE

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #433

Post by IaLoaou »

onewithhim wrote: [Replying to post 423 by IaLoaou]

Jesus is God over you.

True or false?

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #434

Post by Checkpoint »

IaLoaou wrote:

Jesus is God over you.

True or false?
What does "God over" mean?

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #435

Post by IaLoaou »

Checkpoint wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:

Jesus is God over you.

True or false?
the exact same thing it meant when you answered the other two questions that you answered ...false.

So I ask you again

Jesus is God over you.
True or false?

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #436

Post by Checkpoint »

IaLoaou wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:

Jesus is God over you.

True or false?
the exact same thing it meant when you answered the other two questions that you answered ...false.

So I ask you again

Jesus is God over you.
True or false?
I did not answer any questions.

I asked a question.

You did not answer it.

So I ask you again:

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #437

Post by IaLoaou »

Checkpoint wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:

Jesus is God over you.

True or false?

So I ask you again

Jesus is God over you.
True or false?
I did not answer any questions.

I asked a question.

You did not answer it.

So I ask you again:

it means the opposite of "God under" therefore I ask you is Jesus, God over you or God under you?

Which is it?

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #438

Post by IaLoaou »

And yes you did answer those two questions you are the same spirit.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #439

Post by Checkpoint »

IaLoaou wrote: And yes you did answer those two questions you are the same spirit.
I did?

When where, and/or how did I?

I am?

Please explain your claim.