Are Judaist Beliefs any Better than Christian Beliefs?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Are Judaist Beliefs any Better than Christian Beliefs?

Post #1

Post by William »

It is noticed that there are many threads created which appear to be Judaist complaints about Christian Theology.

Q: What makes the complaints relevant for Judaist who believe it is important to question and criticize Christian doctrines in relation to their own?

Q: Are their better ways in which to approach the problems of differences in doctrines of theology than are currently being used?

Avoice
Guru

Post #2

Post by Avoice »

When it comes to judaism and Christianity it is Christianity that has the burden of proof.

Jagella
Banned
Banned

Re: Are Judaist Beliefs any Better than Christian Beliefs?

Post #3

Post by Jagella »

William wrote:It is noticed that there are many threads created which appear to be Judaist complaints about Christian Theology.
The theological gulf between Judaism and Christianity is one of Christianity's greatest weaknesses. Christianity rests on Judaism claiming to be its "fulfillment." If that claim can be demonstrated to be false, then Christianity fails to substantiate its most fundamental truth claims.
Q: What makes the complaints relevant for Judaist who believe it is important to question and criticize Christian doctrines in relation to their own?
Simply put, Jews do not want their theology to be distorted, and that would include what the New Testament says about the Hebrew Bible. Like it or not, many of those claims can be falsified by simply reading the Old Testament.
Q: Are their better ways in which to approach the problems of differences in doctrines of theology than are currently being used?
Yes. I would recommend that Christians learn what Jewish theologians have to say about Jewish beliefs. Many difficulties exist that make Christian claims about the Old Testament questionable if not flat-out false.

Willum
Savant

Post #4

Post by Willum »

Are you kidding me?
Where do you go to find laws on slavery? The Torah/OT.
Where do you find out how much to charge the rapist for your little girl’s hand in marriage? The Torah/OT.
Where, if you are an aspiring Christian, like Adolph, do you go to find out what conditions validate genocide? The Torah/OT.
Etc..
What
Which is better? At least the NT doesn’t spell these things out.

Avoice
Guru

Post #5

Post by Avoice »

Christianity has the burden of proof. Every claim it makes must be upheld by the Hebrew scriptures. There is no way around it.

The Hebrew scriptures can't be wrong and Christian testament be right.

But the Hebrew scriptures can be right and the Christian testament false.

Is it better you ask?

If you drink old wine first you would reject new wine. If Christian's vegan their religious learning from Genesis on they'd reject the rediculous claims of the church. But because they start in Mathew they don't know any better. New wine into new wineskins, right?

That's how the church has survived. Chrstiabs know if the garden of eden and the flood and noahs ark . A few little stories but that is it. Ask them about king Hezekiah or what the orioget Amos wrote. They have no idea

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #6

Post by Divine Insight »

Avoice wrote: Christianity has the burden of proof. Every claim it makes must be upheld by the Hebrew scriptures. There is no way around it.

The Hebrew scriptures can't be wrong and Christian testament be right.

But the Hebrew scriptures can be right and the Christian testament false.
I totally agree with this. Although, unfortunately for Hebrew mythology this doesn't help their theology.

In fact, as a Christian I recognized that the Old Testament must be true and compelling before we can even talk about the New Testament in any meaningful way. In short, we need to absolutely justify the Hebrew fables of Yahweh before it makes any sense to claim that Jesus was his "Son" or related to Yahweh in any way.

In short, as much as Christians may not like this, Jesus has no feet of his own to stand on. Jesus only makes sense if he sits atop the shoulders of Yahweh.

So there's no point in even talking about the rumors about Jesus until we can confirm the validity of Yahweh. And this was the major point that caused me to realize that Christianity cannot possibly be true.

Why not? We because Yahweh cannot possibly be true. So there's no point in even talking about the rumors of Jesus.

So recognizing the fallacy of Judaism is what opened my eyes to the fallacy of Christianity. Or to put that another way. Recognizing that the OT cannot be true insures that the NT cannot be true.

I'd like to point out another thing,...
Avoice wrote: Christianity has the burden of proof. Every claim it makes must be upheld by the Hebrew scriptures. There is no way around it.
This is only theologically true in the context of these divisive theologies. In other words, I agree that Christianity has the burden of proof to show that the NT is compatible with the OT, which I believe it is not.

However, this doesn't mean that Judaism has no burden of proof to show. In theology in general Judaism absolutely has a burden of proof to show that the mythology it is founded on is both logically sound, sane, and compelling. I am totally confident that it is none of those.

But yeah, Christians who believe that the OT is true, do indeed need to justify the obvious contradictions between the OT and NT. The problem with this Abrahamic theology is that these extreme self-contradictions did not begin with this scriptural divide between the NT and OT, but instead these extreme self-contradictions are a hallmark signature of both the NT and the OT individually. They are nothing more than a collection of rumors, superstitions, and fables that have become a canon of self-contradictions in every chapter of the both the NT and the OT.

So neither one makes any sense. And they both have a burden of proof for all the claims made within those fables.

~~~~~

By the way Avoice, trying to convince a Christian to become a Jew is a losing battle. Most Christians I know would trash the whole thing if they became convinced that Jesus is not the Son of God as claimed in the NT.

So even if you succeed in convincing a Christian that the NT is false, they would most likely become an atheist before reverting back to Judaism. The main reason the Christians love Jesus so much is because the NT basically has Jesus telling Yahweh to go buzz off. At least in terms of the values Jesus taught.

Jesus basically told Yahweh to buzz off concerning the stoning to death of adulterers.

Jesus basically told Yahweh to buzz off concerning an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, and the NT even has Jesus specifically citing this.

Jesus also teaches that we should not resist evil or try to rid our community from evil people. Precisely the opposite of what Yahweh commanded.

So yes, Jesus is the anti-thesis of Yahweh.

But no Christian is going to trade Jesus in for Yahweh.

If they can't have Jesus they will either become atheists, or consider some other religion such as Buddhism, Taoism, Jainism, or even Wicca.

There's no way that they are going to toss Jesus out and revert back to worshiping Yahweh. The fact that Jesus rejected Yahweh's ignorant commands is what they love about Jesus.

In fact, I hope the Jews are still stoning adulterers to death as well as homosexuals, because there's nothing in the OT that ever told them to stop doing that. In fact, they are even supposed to be stoning to death anyone who comes into their communities and preaches of other gods. Are they still doing that? Or have they realized that trying to follow the directives and commandments of the OT is ignorant?

They certainly can't be pointing to Jesus for instructions if they reject the NT.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by JJ50 »

All religions are human creations, imo.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #8

Post by Bust Nak »

The lack of a literal hell and restricting the rules to just Isrealis are advantages over Christianity I think. I don't see many Jews telling others they are not allowed to have bacon.

Willum
Savant

Post #9

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 8 by Bust Nak]

Jews vs Judaists.

What a Jews is, is just about anything. Atheist Jews, Christian Jews, Jews by diet, Jews by lineage, Jews because their mom was, Jews by any given X.
Jews don't have to be Judaists.

Now Judaists have just a proud tradition of killing Non-Judaists as anyone killing themselves or others. It is all a matter of scope and opportunity.

When in power, Judaists are just as bloody as every other culture.

Jagella
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by Jagella »

Avoice wrote:But the Hebrew scriptures can be right and the Christian testament false.
The Hebrew Bible for the most part is fiction. Like Christianity has stolen from Judaism, Judaism stole from older pagan religions. If those old pagan religions are myth, then the "house" of Christianity cannot stand as a credible set of claims.