How many religions came from America?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

How many religions came from America?

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Is it evidence for or against religions if they came from America?

For instance Mormonism and Jehovah's Witnesses. Are there more? Scientology. Any more?

I would argue it is evidence against the religion because America has quite literally nothing the to do with the Bible. What other evidence flows from a religion coming from America?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

kjw47
Under Probation

Re: How many religions came from America?

Post #301

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:34 am
kjw47 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:18 pm All those died and paid their wages of sin--One is aquitted of past sin at death Romans 6:7) during the resurrection they get an opportunity to learn and apply Gods will, but satan gets loosed for a little while so their faith can be tested-many will fail and be destroyed.
It wont be found.
You quote from Paul's letters, again and again. I don't think that Jesus said much about all this at all. Is Paul the main focus of your belief?
You often mention Satan, do you think he works for your God or is he an arch enemy? Can your God destroy Satan?

Jesus commissioned Paul. God used his writings in his bible, he taught truth. Satan is Gods enemy. Yes God can destroy satan.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #302

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:03 pm Jesus commissioned Paul. God used his writings in his bible, he taught truth. Satan is Gods enemy. Yes God can destroy satan.
Do you believe that slavery is good and just?

Colossians 4:1 "You masters, treat your slaves in a righteous and fair way, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven."

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear (Ephesians 6:5)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything (Colossians 3:22)

Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them (Titus 2:9)

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #303

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:32 am
kjw47 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:03 pm Jesus commissioned Paul. God used his writings in his bible, he taught truth. Satan is Gods enemy. Yes God can destroy satan.
Do you believe that slavery is good and just?

Colossians 4:1 "You masters, treat your slaves in a righteous and fair way, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven."

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear (Ephesians 6:5)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything (Colossians 3:22)

Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them (Titus 2:9)

God knew slavery was a reality because many mortal hearts are ruled by satan. God isn't interfering with free will so he advised one to do their best for their master, doing it for God though in reality and so they didn't get whipped and the such or killed. Not exactly in everything as Daniel showed when he refused to bow to false Gods and was thrown in the lions den. Everything as long as it didnt go against Gods will.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #304

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:45 pm God knew slavery was a reality because many mortal hearts are ruled by satan. God isn't interfering with free will so he advised one to do their best for their master, doing it for God though in reality and so they didn't get whipped and the such or killed. Not exactly in everything as Daniel showed when he refused to bow to false Gods and was thrown in the lions den. Everything as long as it didnt go against Gods will.
What a weak answer, in my opinion.
So your God, (who I believe you should be calling Jehovah but you don't), who built this entire universe and all, who created man and woman and who has already mass-killed nearly all of them before (because they were bad) is prepared and has been prepared to let bad people put innocent folks through living hell because he doesn't want to interfere with free will?

This is all a complete muddle.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #305

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:25 am
kjw47 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:45 pm God knew slavery was a reality because many mortal hearts are ruled by satan. God isn't interfering with free will so he advised one to do their best for their master, doing it for God though in reality and so they didn't get whipped and the such or killed. Not exactly in everything as Daniel showed when he refused to bow to false Gods and was thrown in the lions den. Everything as long as it didnt go against Gods will.
What a weak answer, in my opinion.
So your God, (who I believe you should be calling Jehovah but you don't), who built this entire universe and all, who created man and woman and who has already mass-killed nearly all of them before (because they were bad) is prepared and has been prepared to let bad people put innocent folks through living hell because he doesn't want to interfere with free will?

This is all a complete muddle.

You forget mortals asked for this satan ruled system by rebelling in Eden. So once and for all time, so it can never occur again, God is letting it be proved if he was correct-Mortals know only good. Or satan is correct and its best for mortals to know good and bad. God is always correct.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #306

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:41 pm You forget mortals asked for this satan ruled system by rebelling in Eden. So once and for all time, so it can never occur again, God is letting it be proved if he was correct-Mortals know only good. Or satan is correct and its best for mortals to know good and bad. God is always correct.
What kind of system would the JWs have if a country was inhabited by (mostly) JWs?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #307

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:24 am
kjw47 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:41 pm You forget mortals asked for this satan ruled system by rebelling in Eden. So once and for all time, so it can never occur again, God is letting it be proved if he was correct-Mortals know only good. Or satan is correct and its best for mortals to know good and bad. God is always correct.
What kind of system would the JWs have if a country was inhabited by (mostly) JWs?

Ifs mean-0

oldbadger
Guru

Post #308

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:09 pm Ifs mean-0
Well, true. I don't suppose that JWs ever will have a chance to control a country or area.
But you're full of telling us about the future as shown in revelation or G-John and so I just wondered...is all.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #309

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:06 am
kjw47 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:09 pm Ifs mean-0
Well, true. I don't suppose that JWs ever will have a chance to control a country or area.
But you're full of telling us about the future as shown in revelation or G-John and so I just wondered...is all.

Gods kingdom will be in full control. Like a govt, that has a king.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #310

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:33 pm Gods kingdom will be in full control. Like a govt, that has a king.
Not likely though.
Your God doesn't seem to be interested enough, or efficient enough to fulfill that.

But at least you don't believe that Jesus will be back to rule, like so many Christians.
The idea that Jesus is God has always seemed very strange to me, and in that we both can agree, I guess.