How many religions came from America?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

How many religions came from America?

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Is it evidence for or against religions if they came from America?

For instance Mormonism and Jehovah's Witnesses. Are there more? Scientology. Any more?

I would argue it is evidence against the religion because America has quite literally nothing the to do with the Bible. What other evidence flows from a religion coming from America?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

kjw47
Under Probation

Re: How many religions came from America?

Post #291

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:04 am
kjw47 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:59 pm Its not because they have his name wrong-
So its nothing to do with the hundreds of different names/languages for 'God'....... after all your posts. :?
They are being mislead into serving a non existent trinity=breaking Gods #1 commandment daily.
You don't believe that Jesus is God then, nor in any Holy Ghost.

There is just God. I can't imagine that either belief would cause a persion to be dashed in to eternal fire, or whatever.

You just twist things in your false reasonings.
I'm a deist. I believe that Mother Nature rules here, and you may find this out in time maybe?
Well then you are wrong. Jehovah is the true living God. Jesus is his son-not God--The holy spirit is not a living being, but Gods active force.
Gods #1 commandment do not have any other gods before your face. He warned all about it. Satan has them mislead-2Cor 4:4

oldbadger
Guru

Post #292

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:35 pm Well then you are wrong. Jehovah is the true living God. Jesus is his son-not God--The holy spirit is not a living being, but Gods active force.
Gods #1 commandment do not have any other gods before your face. He warned all about it. Satan has them mislead-2Cor 4:4
I can acknowledge anybody's beliefs, but hold my own. We need folks who can acknowledge and give respect to the beliefs of other people.
Extremists who declare that their God is the only way and that all other beliefs and opinions are following Satan are just sad, in my opinion.

Hundreds and thousands of other religions insist that their God is the right God and that all others (and yours) are wrong, you know. A truly fascinating aspect of humanity, I think.

Question:- Does your God rule the whole Universe?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #293

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:00 am
kjw47 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:35 pm Well then you are wrong. Jehovah is the true living God. Jesus is his son-not God--The holy spirit is not a living being, but Gods active force.
I can acknowledge anybody's beliefs, but hold my own. We need folks who can acknowledge and give respect to the beliefs of other people.
Extremists who declare that their God is the only way and that all other beliefs and opinions are following Satan are just sad, in my opinion.

Hundreds and thousands of other religions insist that their God is the right God and that all others (and yours) are wrong, you know. A truly fascinating aspect of humanity, I think.

Question:- Does your God rule the whole Universe?

Yes he does. His will cannot be thwarted. The next step in revelation= the fall of babylon the great= all worldwide false religions-that triggers the tribulation. That is the locking of the ark door to all.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #294

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:37 pm Yes he does. His will cannot be thwarted. The next step in revelation= the fall of babylon the great= all worldwide false religions-that triggers the tribulation. That is the locking of the ark door to all.
Many astronomers and other researchers know think that there may be other universes alongside of ours, one thing that is helping such ideas is that observation of some galaxies has shown that they are not moving as predicted, meaning that there might be outside gravities or forces acting upon these. Do you think that your God picked just your species as special, from all in the universe?
What actually is 'babylon the great' and how does this term refer to all worldwide false religions?
Do you think that you will be on an ark?
Why did your God wait so long before you are your species was formed? After all, we are a very recent species.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #295

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:40 am
kjw47 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:37 pm Yes he does. His will cannot be thwarted. The next step in revelation= the fall of babylon the great= all worldwide false religions-that triggers the tribulation. That is the locking of the ark door to all.
Many astronomers and other researchers know think that there may be other universes alongside of ours, one thing that is helping such ideas is that observation of some galaxies has shown that they are not moving as predicted, meaning that there might be outside gravities or forces acting upon these. Do you think that your God picked just your species as special, from all in the universe?
What actually is 'babylon the great' and how does this term refer to all worldwide false religions?
Do you think that you will be on an ark?
Why did your God wait so long before you are your species was formed? After all, we are a very recent species.

There is 0 proof any other life exists except the spirit beings and mortals. Not including animals, fish and birds, and insects.
At the tower of Babel, false god worship central-God confused the languages and sent them to different parts of the earth. All of the false god worship spread throughout the world. Many false religions sprung up through history.
Yes bible chronology shows mans existence at 6047 years.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #296

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:43 pm There is 0 proof any other life exists except the spirit beings and mortals. Not including animals, fish and birds, and insects.
Demons and Satan, etc? But they cannot travel beyond Earth?
At the tower of Babel, false god worship central-God confused the languages and sent them to different parts of the earth. All of the false god worship spread throughout the world. Many false religions sprung up through history.
You mean that Jehovah confused the languages...right?What date did your religion spring up?
Yes. Does this mean that God created the universe, trillions of solar systems, within billions of galaxies, and then waited billions of years before creating mankind? I don't understand why he bothered with all those other galaxies out there, or even ours, if all he wanted was one small world for a few humans to worship him.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #297

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:49 am
kjw47 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:43 pm There is 0 proof any other life exists except the spirit beings and mortals. Not including animals, fish and birds, and insects.
Demons and Satan, etc? But they cannot travel beyond Earth?
You mean that Jehovah confused the languages...right?What date did your religion spring up?
Yes. Does this mean that God created the universe, trillions of solar systems, within billions of galaxies, and then waited billions of years before creating mankind? I don't understand why he bothered with all those other galaxies out there, or even ours, if all he wanted was one small world for a few humans to worship him.

1879-truth became abundant here in these last days, corrections needed to be made. No mortal knows how old creation is. There is 0 proof of life anywhere else.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #298

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:50 pm
1879-truth became abundant here in these last days, corrections needed to be made. No mortal knows how old creation is. There is 0 proof of life anywhere else.
1879....... What happened to the billions of folks who lived before your truth became and the corrections were made?
What happens if life is found outside Earth? Will you adapt to the new knowledge?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #299

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:07 am
kjw47 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:50 pm
1879....... What happened to the billions of folks who lived before your truth became and the corrections were made?
What happens if life is found outside Earth? Will you adapt to the new knowledge?
All those died and paid their wages of sin--One is aquitted of past sin at death Romans 6:7) during the resurrection they get an opportunity to learn and apply Gods will, but satan gets loosed for a little while so their faith can be tested-many will fail and be destroyed.
It wont be found.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #300

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:18 pm All those died and paid their wages of sin--One is aquitted of past sin at death Romans 6:7) during the resurrection they get an opportunity to learn and apply Gods will, but satan gets loosed for a little while so their faith can be tested-many will fail and be destroyed.
It wont be found.
You quote from Paul's letters, again and again. I don't think that Jesus said much about all this at all. Is Paul the main focus of your belief?
You often mention Satan, do you think he works for your God or is he an arch enemy? Can your God destroy Satan?