Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

What is in the Bible. Do you know?

Post #1

Post by Tart »

All too often people just assume they know god, and what Christianity is all about. Before i dived into the scripture i assumed I knew what people thought about God. I assumed I knew what was in the Bible. "Just be a good person, and the rest is legend". In fact, i was so confident in this thought that I knew everything i need to know, and would suggest to people I have read the Bible... That i know everything it's about.

It was the Bible that blew those misconceptions out of the water, and blew my mind.... I consider myself lucky I spent 6 months in solitary confinement, because I actually had the time to read the Bible....

But lets face it, the Bible is HUGE, and many parts are REALLY hard to get through. People give up, people dont read it, and lot of people dont think they even need to read it to understand God... In fact, im skeptical on some people in this forum, that claim they do study the Bible, and have read it, but really havent...

For these reasons I have narrowed down scripture to 3 books (totaling about 75 pages)... If you havent read the scripture, if its very long and you never read anyways, if you dont even think of reading it... Dont be quick to throw it away...

Here is the challenge for all those people... Pick 1 Gospel (Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John), the Book of Acts, and the Romans Epistle... Read those 3 books and you will have a decent knowledge of Christianity... It is 75 pages...

This topic was sparked by trying to talk to my neighbors, which was suggested to have a Bible study... Read those 3 books, and come back and comment on what your thoughts are on each book...

A topic for debate... What is the inspiration of the authors? What is an explanation for these books? What do you think about each book? (Please be as detailed as possible, like by using quotes, or verses, trying to understand why he author wrote what he did, what was the inspiration, etc...)

brunumb
Savant

Post #41

Post by brunumb »

PinSeeker wrote:
brunumb wrote:In other words you are completely unable to demonstrate how your conclusions must be correct while others doing the same things as you have reached incorrect conclusions. Got it.
Uh, no, brunumb, you have apparently "gotten" the precise opposite from what I was saying... which is purposeful; only the naive would think otherwise. I have offered several times to demonstrate, but so far you -- and now Tcg, and maybe others -- have failed to take me up on it. Like I said, classic avoidance.
No. You have dodged direct questions and offered absolutely nothing to support your claims. Interpretations of Revelation are nothing more than personal opinions unsupported by any facts and are as such worthless.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #42

Post by PinSeeker »

brunumb wrote:You have dodged direct questions and offered absolutely nothing to support your claims.
I've "dodged" absolutely nothing, and I've offered several times (and now yet again) to offer different understandings of Revelation and why the one I attain to is correct. And this has been what this thread has been about from the beginning, and you have dodged ever sense, trying to shift it to "criteria..."
brunumb wrote:Interpretations of Revelation are nothing more than personal opinions unsupported by any facts and are as such worthless.
But, yet again, how does one know, if he knows none of the "personal opinions," or what those understandings are or are not supported by? Avoidance is such a terrible thing. But it's a free world, and this is a free forum.