Did Satan think he was about to win?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Did Satan think he was about to win?

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

When Jesus was on the cross did Satan think he had won?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

2timothy316
Under Probation

Re: Did Satan think he was about to win?

Post #11

Post by 2timothy316 »

Wootah wrote: When Jesus was on the cross did Satan think he had won?
It's not clear what Satan thought when he had succeed in manipulating men into killing Jesus. However, the book of Job does give us insight into the mind of Satan. "But Satan answered Jehovah: “Skin for skin. A man will give everything that he has for his life." (Job 2:4) Note that Satan said 'a man', not just Job, but all men would curse God in order to save their life. Satan might have hoped that Jesus would curse his Father by letting go of everything God had given him while under the threat of death. So I think Satan was hoping for a win but I think once Jesus died without cursing God he knew he'd lost.

However, this does show the insanity of Satan. To even think that he even has a chance at winning against Jehovah God is just pure insanity. Satan hasn't stopped trying either. Every day he is still trying to prove his blanket statement he made that was recorded in Job and while there are some that do curse God for their problems, there are those that do not. Every person, including Jesus, that doesn't give up on God for the evil that befalls them is an answer to Satan's assertion that 'a man will give up everything for his life'. Proverbs 27:11, says: “Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, so that I can make a reply to him who taunts me.�

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #12

Post by 2timothy316 »

Wootah wrote:
So another question is: Was or is the cross a Satanic symbol?
Satan trademarked idolatry thousands of years ago. Turning all sorts of things in to idols. Trees, cows, farming tools and devices of death. The cross was a not adopted as a 'holy idol' in Christendom until the 4th century. In my view, seeing as the cross is not part of the 1st century teachings and no mention to fashion such a thing to be used in worship or to be used to adorn buildings etc. it is therefore from Satan. It was during the 3rd and 4th centuries that many unscriptural teachings made their appearance. But this was foretold to happen in the Bible and it clearly says these teachings would be inspired by demons. (1 Tim 4:1, 2 Thess 2:1, 2, 2 Tim 4:3, 4, 2 Peter 2:1) I see the cross as one of these demonic teachings.