How would you define..

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

How would you define..

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

How would you define the Kingdom of God, or the Kingdom of Heaven?

Also, are they the same, or is there a difference? Seems Jesus used both terms.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: How would you define..

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

QUESTION How would you define the kingdom of heavens?

♦ANSWER The "kingdom of heaven" is the system of rulerships God has set up to rule over the earth.

A Kingdom is basically the realm, the region or country governed by a king; kingly power, authority . The Kingdom of Denmark consists of the King or Queen of Denmark ruling over the territory of Denmark. The Kingom of Spain refers to the rulership over the region of Spain. The United Kingdom, is so called because it unites all four regions of the British Isles under the same king or Queen. So to have a kingdom you need a KING and DOMAINE (that is the a region the king rules over).

• Who is the King of God's kingdom? Jesus preached about a coming kingdom. He taught his followers to pray "Let your kingdom come!" Who would be the King of that Kingdom? None other than Jesus himself. It is still GOD’S kingdom as Jehovah God the Father is the source of its authority and Jesus has been appointed to rule on God's behalf for a time.

Where would he rule from? Not from Washington or London, and certainly not from earthly Jerusalem in the political state of Israel... no, the King would rule from heaven. It us for this reason Jesus sometimes refered to this kingdom (or "government" another word for a rulership) as being the kingdom of the heavens.

Where would it rule over? Most kings only rule over a part of the earth but this incoming kingdom government will rule over the entire planet!
Jesus taught his followers to preach about this kingdom and it is to announce this kingdom government that will soon replace all human governments Jehovah's Witnesses call on people at their homes.

Is the kingom of heaven and the Kingdom of God the same thing ?
Yes the two expressions essentially refer to the same thing and can be used interchangeably .

JW

FURTHER READING God’s Kingdom—Are You Getting the Sense of It?
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1996084

RELATED POSTS

Can anyone explain what God's Kingdom is?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 867#956867

NOTE All posts I write represent my personal faith based beliefs as one of Jehovah's Witnesses
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by JJ50 »

I would define the so called, 'Kingdom of Heaven', as a product of the human overactive imagination.

ElCodeMonkey
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by ElCodeMonkey »

JJ50 wrote: I would define the so called, 'Kingdom of Heaven', as a product of the human overactive imagination.
:warning: Moderator Warning

You have had many one-liners removed. Please stop the one-liners. Review the rules to understand what is considered a one-liner.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
I'm Published! Christians Are Revolting: An Infidel's Progress
My Blog: Friendly By Nurture
The Wisdom I've gleaned.
My Current Beliefs.