Communicating with Mayflower ancestors

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

John Human
Scholar

Communicating with Mayflower ancestors

Post #1

Post by John Human »

On the "debate with a scientist" thread I mentioned (at the beginning) the phenomenon of communicating with ancestors, but the discussion on that thread has gone (for the moment) in a different direction. Here is some raw data, being saved for when the discussion comes back around to this subject. I began at 5:33 pm, at a Starbucks in Sumner, Washington.

I typed the statements of several ancestors associated with the Mayflower and the earlier "Pilgrim" congregation in Leiden, Holland. All except one (Edward Fuller) had begun their stories before. (This means that the statements below have an unseen context; I'll try to add what came earlier in a second post.) As I started, six men were ready to speak. They were aware that I intended to share what they said publicly, and they were comfortable with this. Their words appeared in my mind, and I typed, in effect taking dictation. I simply typed quickly, without any thought, except for one point where the word used ("evolved") was not what I expected to 'hear.' That led to an explanatory statement from the ancestor.

Here is what I 'heard' and typed:

Mar. 20, 2019 (at Starbucks in Sumner) 5:33 pm
James Chilton: James understood, before he decided to go to Holland, that the experience would be a fundamental change. James knew that Holland had a different way. James understood that Holland, even if it had true religion, had to think of itself as a nation distinct from England. James would have to think of conforming and not trying to maintain customs that James considered obligatory. James had to think that James and other Christian foreigners would not be troubled. James knew that Holland had toleration more than England. James also knew that his religion was very close to that of the people in Holland. That did not concern James.

5:35 pm
William Bradford: William Bradford understood, because of what he knew, that William had to think of ways to find an answer to the thought that William was outside the community because he wanted to worship as he knew he must. William had to think that the community would reject. William had to think, because of this, William did not think of leaving. William had to think of exciting discussion. William hoped to make people discover what William had discovered. The Bible was different from what the Church taught. This was the ambition that led William to try to talk to a minister.

William did not think that the minister would agree. William was shocked. The minister acknowledged that the Bible was different from the teaching of the English Church. William thought, because of this, William did not think badly of the minister. William had to consider the expression, “We have a knowledge of how the Bible evolved.� William will acknowledge that the word “evolved� was not used. William will explain that William often thinks of words as he would say, and John appears to hear in a different way. William has accepted the advice of others to wait and let a thought settle in the mind of John. William can observe if the meaning is the same as the word that William thought of. William understands that this has to be the way that John communicates with ancestors who are not English. William does not understand further.

William decided to ask the minister how the accepted practice evolved. The minister explained that the accepted practice began with Jesus Christ. William did not think of this. The minister explained that the practice of the followers of Jesus Christ was different from the practice of the followers who received the Word from Paul. William did not think of this, either. The minister went on. The Roman Church had to adapt to the rule of the Emperor. The minister reminded William that Jesus said to give to Caesar what was of Caesar. The practice of the Church had to accept certain requirements and restrictions. This was for the Church to coexist in a way that harmonized the empire. William thought that this was a plausible explanation. William prayed. The prayer was answered. William had to restore. The church had evolved in a way that accepted impurities in order to survive. William would be part of a group that would help restore the Church. William now accepted the need to go to Holland.

5:42 pm John Carey: John Carey was not able to think, before leaving England that he would never go back. John simply acted as seemed correct. John had his name. John did not have anything else. John realized, in Holland, the name Carey would mean nothing. However, John understood that a man who gave a name that commanded respect would be respected. This was as John expected.

John Carey went to Holland and worked. John was not raised as a gentleman. John was a bastard. John was given the opportunity to learn. John was also give the opportunity to work. John had an education that was better than the education of a common working man. This gave John an advantage. John was able to understand what people had in mind before others were. This was the reason why John became a leader of workers in a shop. The shop owner needed somebody to understand and explain. John was able.

5:44 pm Myles Standish: Myles Standish did not think of himself as a Catholic. Myles thought of himself as a man without. Myles learned two religions. Myles had no way of knowing what was correct. Myles did not think, before going to America, that this was a problem. Myles simply did not think about religion. Myles was able to enroll in a military troop. This was something that Myles understood would give Myles an identity and respect. Myles was the son of a son of a younger son. Myles was the son of a man who had been punished. Myles had no station. The military, if Myles was competent, would give Myles a station that commanded the respect of his family. This was the ambition that Myles had.

5:47 pm Edward Doty: Edward Doty did not think that he would be unable to find a wife. Edward understood that, if Edward waited, a wife would show up. Edward prayed. Edward felt confident. Edward simply had to wait. Edward did not think, before going to church, that he would meet a new wife. Edward understood that the people in Plymouth were not increasing. Edward thought, eventually, Plymouth would have more children. But Edward would be too old. Edward did not despair.

Edward waited ten years. Then there was suddenly a great number of people. People came to Massachusetts. Edward understood that these people had the ambition of starting a country. They intended to be separate from England. Edward also understood that these people did not proclaim what they were doing. They acted as good Englishmen. Edward remembered that, because the group of Edward left without permission, the group of Edward had no right to have a government. This was always a concern. This new group had a government. The group had a document that the King gave. The new group had the claim to the land where the group of Edward lived. This was something that Edward had to consider. If Edward continued in his current location, the new group could eventually take all the land. Edward thought this would not happen. Edward thought, because of the situation, there would be a compromise. Edward knew, after the land question was resolved, that there was no fear. Edward had little. It would not be taken away.

Edward recognized that more people were coming. Plymouth was a destination for a certain type. Plymouth was more strict in religion. Massachusetts included ministers that disagreed with each other. This meant that Massachusetts had to find a way to accept disagreement. Plymouth had only one thinking. People who accepted the thinking of Plymouth came from Massachusetts. Edward found a wife.

5:51 pm Edward Fuller: Edward Fuller. Edward had the ability to think. Edward had the ability to decide. Edward did not. Edward decided to wait. That was a terrible mistake.

Edward Fuller did not have a good upbringing. Edward had a father who did not think of helping his son. The father worked. The farmer gave. The father and the farmer disagreed. Edward was without. Edward was taken. The father insisted. Edward was given back. Edward thought. Edward did not decide. Edward did not accept that the father could not give. Edward simply accepted.
Edward thought. Edward was a boy. Edward did not think. Edward accepted. Edward had to accept. That is what boys did. Edward did not think of rejecting. Edward simply accepted.

Edward had to endure. Edward was hungry. The father had work. The work gave little. Edward did not die. Edward was small. Edward understood. The food did not make Edward grow. There was not enough. Edward thought. Edward had to think. Edward understood. Edward could work. The father was weak. The father had little. The father did not allow Edward to work. Edward had to be away. Edward had to study. The father had a Bible. Edward read. Edward did not understand. Edward asked his father. The father explained. Edward thought. Edward learned.

5:56 pm William Bradford (again): William had to think, because of what had happened, that William could not prepare. William understood, if William looked like William intended to leave, there would be a problem. William would be prevented from leaving. No Englishman was allowed to leave without permission. William had to disobey. William did not like the way William felt. This was wrong. This was in response to a wrong. There had to be an explanation that could calm the conscience. William did not have one. William had to do as William felt necessary. This was not a change that William wanted.

5:58 pm John Jenney: John Jenney went to Holland. John decided to live in a city. John knew that John could find other Englishmen. John found work. John was a willing worker. John had skill. A miller had to know something of working with wood. A cooper gave work. John learned quickly. John was a cooper’s man. This was good. John had the ability to learn. Dutch was not a difficult language. John had education. John had the ability to communicate. Dutch people looked to John to give messages to English people. John did not ask for money. John became respected.

John Human
Scholar

general thoughts on communicating with ancestors

Post #11

Post by John Human »

The purpose of this thread has been to provide some "raw data" -- evidence of me recording the statements of a group of well-known ancestors as they speak to me. This relates to the original context of my "Debate with a scientist" thread in the "Science and Religion" sub-forum. I will soon be bringing up this question of communicating with deceased ancestors on that thread.

Deceased ancestors are unanimous in stating that, upon death, a separation of the soul into two parts occurs. As my recently-deceased father explained on Dec. 3, 2017, three days after his death:
Roger knew, as Roger died, that there would be a change. Roger remembered hearing that there was a separation. Roger experienced this separation. Roger knew to expect it. Roger also knew, because of his training, that it is best to simply accept. Roger did not fight. The separation took place. Roger experienced a flash of memories. Things in Roger’s life that Roger did not have any recollection of went through Roger’s mind. Roger does not think that these memories still exist. Roger is certain that aspects of his life are no longer available. Much of Roger’s intellectual interest is simply not available. This suggests that the purpose of what Roger is in now is not related. Roger hopes that, as Roger experiences what he is experiencing, John will continue to make notes.
I began communicating with deceased ancestors, and recording their stories, over two years ago, after I was told that this was possible. Part of the following explanation appears on this genealogy website: https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/535187/com ... -ancestors. That thread includes links to further examples of extended stories from ancestors that I recorded. When recording the stories of distant German ancestors, I "heard" their thoughts in plain English. However, at times there was confusion about the proper choice of a word, and I routinely indicate that by putting the word in question in parentheses. There are several such words in parentheses in the story of my immigrant ancestor (from Switzerland to Germany) Martin Schmuckli, at https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:Anc ... _in_Einod When this happens, the ancestor and I agree on the particular word to use, and then the ancestor moves on with his/her story.

Back to my explanation:

Humans have a natural ability to communicate with deceased ancestors. In some countries this ability is taken for granted, but in “modern� western society, this ability has been largely lost.

Here is my ancestor Anschetil d’Harcourt’s explanation of how he learned to communicate with ancestors: “When my grandfather died, I was young. I was sad because I wanted to be close to him. I asked how I could talk to him. My father said: Think of your grandfather. Words will appear. That is your grandfather.�

On Aug. 26, 2018, my ancestor Tobey Mathew (an early bishop in the Church of England) further explained:
Bishop Tobey Mathews is speaking, if that is the correct word. Bishop Tobey Mathews will simply refer to himself as Bishop. Bishop understood, before he died, that he would be able to communicate with descendants. Bishop understood that descendants would have the choice. Bishop also understood that he had the choice to communicate with ancestors. Bishop knew, from an early age, that he could communicate with his mother. This was because his mother died when he was three years old. Bishop understood, because of this experience, that there was a clear reason for this. Children who lost the parents had the ability to continue in their time of need.
Bishop never thought beyond this. Bishop simply understood that this was common.

Bishop understood, because of his role in the Church, that Bishop had to accept the accepted teaching on this. This was simple: The ability existed, so God must have had a reason.
When I was told that it is possible to communicate with deceased ancestors, I was cautioned to always have a respectful attitude when talking to them. I decided to try it and see what happened, and it worked.

On the “Day of the Dead� (the day after Halloween) in2016, I thought of the names of all of my grandparents and their parents and grandparents, and they started talking to me. (I made detailed notes.) Remorse came up immediately for some of them. I learned that women often had ongoing connections with living daughters and granddaughters, but most of the men had been isolated since their deaths. I was told – several times – that after death there is a kind of separation of what we call the soul into two parts. Each ancestor has a part that remains accessible to descendants, and a part that goes elsewhere. Memories are incomplete.

Ancestors want to see the well-being of their descendants. Ancestors also want to be able to talk to their own parents and children. Ancestors hope that living descendants will work their way back from their parents or grandparents to more distant ancestors, one generation at a time. This allows children and parents among the ancestors to talk to each other, when a living descendant is open to ancestral communication.

Ancestors want to avoid hearing from descendants who just want to ask questions about the family tree. Ancestors may not communicate with descendants with only this in mind. For this reason, it is once again a good idea to work your back from one generation to the next. Ancestors believe that descendants who are respectful will be pleased to talk about their own lives. Ancestors want their descendants to live will, and ancestors are concerned when descendants are struggling. Ancestors have the ability to observe the lives of living descendants, but they often do not do so. Ancestors may be inclined to be more observant after a descendant contacts an ancestor, especially if that ancestor had not had any communication with descendants before.

Some ancestors, especially those who were devoutly religious, may avoid communicating with descendants who don’t share their moral values.

Husbands and wives who didn’t get along with each other may be able to begin to communicate about issues that they never talked about before death.

One final point – I have heard some disturbing stories from ancestors, and proper respect demands that the ancestor be asked for permission before sharing such stories.

John Human
Scholar

general thoughts on communicating with ancestors

Post #12

Post by John Human »

The purpose of this thread has been to provide some "raw data" -- evidence of me recording the statements of a group of well-known ancestors as they speak to me. This relates to the original context of my "Debate with a scientist" thread in the "Science and Religion" sub-forum. I will soon be bringing up this question of communicating with deceased ancestors on that thread.

Deceased ancestors are unanimous in stating that, upon death, a separation of the soul into two parts occurs. As my recently-deceased father explained on Dec. 3, 2017, three days after his death:
Roger knew, as Roger died, that there would be a change. Roger remembered hearing that there was a separation. Roger experienced this separation. Roger knew to expect it. Roger also knew, because of his training, that it is best to simply accept. Roger did not fight. The separation took place. Roger experienced a flash of memories. Things in Roger’s life that Roger did not have any recollection of went through Roger’s mind. Roger does not think that these memories still exist. Roger is certain that aspects of his life are no longer available. Much of Roger’s intellectual interest is simply not available. This suggests that the purpose of what Roger is in now is not related. Roger hopes that, as Roger experiences what he is experiencing, John will continue to make notes.
I began communicating with deceased ancestors, and recording their stories, over two years ago, after I was told that this was possible. When recording the stories of distant German ancestors, I "heard" their thoughts in plain English. However, at times there was confusion about the proper choice of a word. When that happens, the ancestor and I agree on the particular word to use, and then I put parentheses around the word in question, and then the ancestor moves on with his/her story.

Back to my explanation, part of which I posted a year ago at this genealogy forum: https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/535187/com ... -ancestors

Humans have a natural ability to communicate with deceased ancestors. In some countries this ability is taken for granted, but in “modern� western society, this ability has been largely lost.

Here is my ancestor Anschetil d’Harcourt’s explanation of how he learned to communicate with ancestors: “When my grandfather died, I was young. I was sad because I wanted to be close to him. I asked how I could talk to him. My father said: Think of your grandfather. Words will appear. That is your grandfather.�

On Aug. 26, 2018, my ancestor Tobey Mathew (an early bishop in the Church of England) further explained:
Bishop Tobey Mathews is speaking, if that is the correct word. Bishop Tobey Mathews will simply refer to himself as Bishop. Bishop understood, before he died, that he would be able to communicate with descendants. Bishop understood that descendants would have the choice. Bishop also understood that he had the choice to communicate with ancestors. Bishop knew, from an early age, that he could communicate with his mother. This was because his mother died when he was three years old. Bishop understood, because of this experience, that there was a clear reason for this. Children who lost the parents had the ability to continue in their time of need.
Bishop never thought beyond this. Bishop simply understood that this was common.

Bishop understood, because of his role in the Church, that Bishop had to accept the accepted teaching on this. This was simple: The ability existed, so God must have had a reason.
When I was told that it is possible to communicate with deceased ancestors, I was cautioned to always have a respectful attitude when talking to them. I decided to try it and see what happened, and it worked.

On the “Day of the Dead� (the day after Halloween) in2016, I thought of the names of all of my grandparents and their parents and grandparents, and they started talking to me. (I made detailed notes.) Remorse came up immediately for some of them. I learned that women often had ongoing connections with living daughters and granddaughters, but most of the men had been isolated since their deaths. I was told – several times – that after death there is a kind of separation of what we call the soul into two parts. Each ancestor has a part that remains accessible to descendants, and a part that goes elsewhere. Memories are incomplete.

Ancestors want to see the well-being of their descendants. Ancestors also want to be able to talk to their own parents and children. Ancestors hope that living descendants will work their way back from their parents or grandparents to more distant ancestors, one generation at a time. This allows children and parents among the ancestors to talk to each other, when a living descendant is open to ancestral communication.

Ancestors want to avoid hearing from descendants who just want to ask questions about the family tree. Ancestors may not communicate with descendants with only this in mind. For this reason, it is once again a good idea to work your back from one generation to the next. Ancestors believe that descendants who are respectful will be pleased to talk about their own lives. Ancestors want their descendants to live will, and ancestors are concerned when descendants are struggling. Ancestors have the ability to observe the lives of living descendants, but they often do not do so. Ancestors may be inclined to be more observant after a descendant contacts an ancestor, especially if that ancestor had not had any communication with descendants before.

Some ancestors, especially those who were devoutly religious, may avoid communicating with descendants who don’t share their moral values.

Husbands and wives who didn’t get along with each other may be able to begin to communicate about issues that they never talked about before death.

One final point – I have heard some disturbing stories from ancestors, and proper respect demands that the ancestor be asked for permission before sharing such stories.

John Human
Scholar

King Henry VIII

Post #13

Post by John Human »

Once again, the purpose of this thread is to provide evidence for a point that will eventually be discussed further on the "Debate with a Scientist" thread in the "Science and Religion" sub-forum.

Here is a story given by a historically significant ancestor, which can be compared with what is known from the historical record. Once again, I typed as the words from the ancestor (as I conclude) appeared in my mind, without forethought.

King Henry VIII
(Apr. 7, 2019) Henry, King of England, did not expect to be king. Henry had an elder brother. Arthur was capable. Arthur was being trained. Arthur was cut down. Henry was elevated.

Henry did not have temperament. Henry was understood to be a second son. A second son had the elevated status without the burden. This was Henry. This had to be set aside. Henry was not agreeable. The father had to insist. Henry must give up much of what Henry expected. Henry had to be prepared. The burden was of Henry. There was no other choice. Henry had to ensure that the family was not destroyed. Henry understood. The family was under attack.
Henry had to experience a change in the perception of everyone. People never had to think carefully around Henry. Now they did.

Henry was aware. There was a man who poisoned. Henry was also aware. Venice was of poison. Henry had to think of who was friendly to Venice. Henry also had to think, who was inclined to oppose the King. Both were present in Neville. Henry was suspicious. Henry held back.

Henry was able to think, after there was a time of unrest, that people outside the country were affecting what people inside the country were thinking. Henry was able to think of a few examples of people who returned from Italy and began talking and writing in a way that was unique. Henry had to think, after three examples, that Venice was the common area that these men had visited. Henry also had think, the way of thinking was not a clear threat. Henry had to examine the thinking to understand why this was being promoted.

Henry understood, because it came from Italy, it had to be something that the Church knew of. Henry also understood, because it was something that was not a clear threat, this might not have been examined. Henry asked a church official about the new way of thinking. The official said this was something that the Church was investigating. Henry asked about the implication of the thinking. The Church leader suggested that one implication was that people should think clearly for themselves about the world around them. Henry was not able to get anything else from the leader. Henry thought, because of this, there was something that was being discovered or still hidden.

Henry was unable to spend much time thinking. Henry was always active. There were too many disruptions. Henry had decided that the Puritans as well as the Catholics needed to be suppressed. Henry, in retrospect, has to wonder if Henry should have supported the Puritans. However, the Puritans had a tendency to zeal that was not agreeable to cooperation. Zeal was the father of disharmony. Henry needed men to think of compromising. Henry had to act as he did.

Henry did not think of the consequences when Henry agreed to marry the widow of his brother. Henry was available. Henry needed an alliance. Henry understood that Spain was a good counter to France. This was something that Henry never considered beyond that idea. Henry did not think that the wife of his brother was a bad woman. Henry did not think of her not being able to bear a son. Henry imagined having a son. Henry understood that he had a vision of never having a son who grew to manhood.

Henry did not think, because of what he decided, that there would arise a crisis. But this is what happened. Henry needed a son because Italy was going to tear England apart. Henry did not have any way to prevent such a disaster unless Henry had a legitimate son. Henry needed to do whatever was necessary. This had the result of splitting England from the Roman Church. This meant that England had to obey the King in a way that was new. Henry was uncomfortable with this unfortunate situation. Henry was disinclined to be closely involved with the Church. However, Henry had to take responsibility. Henry found an archbishop who had a view that Henry could support. This had to be good enough.

(Apr. 8, 2019) Henry does not have a feeling that Henry is well-respected. Henry was of the opinion that, as King, Henry did not need to worry about the effect of what he did. Henry did not think about his legacy. Henry was preoccupied with survival. Henry had appetites that Henry was inclined to not worry about. Henry understood that he needed to do what he wanted. Henry also needed to act for the kingdom. Henry was unable to make a good balance. Henry has had much time to reflect. Henry hopes that, because of what Henry is saying, Henry will be better understood, even if those who scowl at his memory are unwilling to change their judgment.

Henry understood, after the first of his ministers, that there would be a constant temptation. Henry needed a man who would do the will of the King. The man needed to be someone who wanted power. The man needed to be someone who was not of undue scruples. This was something that Henry understood without thinking of consequences. The man who did the will of the King without hesitation would do as he willed as long as the King did not object. This was the problem. Henry did not solve that problem.

Henry did not have a clear intention. Henry had to think of the situation. Henry had an enemy. The enemy reached into England. The enemy had the ability to enter into families. A family that was influenced by the enemy could decide to resist. Henry had to think. There had to be no open statement.
There had to be no decision of resistance. There had to be a hidden understanding. This had to be communicated discreetly. This was slowly done.
Henry understood, as it grew obvious that Italy was responding to Henry, Henry needed to rid England of the Catholic Church. Italy was using the Church. Italy was the enemy. Henry understood that Venice and the Church were Italy.

Henry accepted that the Church had a power over the minds of the people. Henry understood, as long as this was allowed to continue, Henry was incapable of defending himself. Henry needed an heir. Henry knew, because his wife was no longer able to bear, Henry could use this as a pretext. That depended on the Pope refusing to grant an annulment. Henry expected this. If the annulment was not granted, then Henry would destroy the Roman Church in England. Henry thought, if it happened that the Pope granted the annulment, Henry could proceed to get an heir. Henry thought, if this happened, Rome would demonstrate that Henry had power over the Church in England. For this reason, Henry imagined that the Church would not. Henry of course was correct.

(Apr. 9, 2019) Henry knew, because of his experience, that Henry would not be attacked. The attack would be on his successor. Henry understood how to dominate. Any potential attacker would have to face the men that Henry marshalled to oppose. This was done repeatedly. Italy imposed its rule on people who would oppose. Puritans were not immune. Catholics were susceptible. People who wanted something were vulnerable to money from Italy. This money came with a demand to oppose the King.
Henry wanted, before he died, to ensure his succession. This was the battle that Henry could not afford to lose. Henry did not have a good result. The result was not a total loss.

(Apr. 10) Henry understands that there are people among the living who do not want the story that Henry is telling to be told. Henry is able to speak, after being isolated for many years. Henry also understands that the man who is recording is in a condition that gives him time while robbing him of the ability to work. Henry simply has to accept what the man is accepting. Henry also understands, because of what has happened, there is a need for the story of Henry to be shared. Henry expects this to be available, but Henry realizes that this may not be available to many.

Henry will accept that his view is not the modern view. Henry suspects that the modern view is not of the truth. Henry understands that two men, as Henry speaks, are attempting to twist what is being heard. Henry is capable of guaranteeing that his words are recorded as he thought. Henry also thinks, the man often hears in a different way, with the meaning clearly the same. Henry has not tried to change when the words were recorded in this way.

Henry has the understanding that his descendant has begun a new step in telling of the family. Henry understands that, for the time being, Henry has the opportunity to tell of his life. Later, there will not be time. Henry is of a mind to speak as the opportunity permits. Henry had to think of the lineages that Henry wants to ensure get properly recorded. Henry understands that one lineage includes a marriage by a descendant with a daughter of a descendant of Queen Elizabeth. This is something that Henry hopes will be very well received. Henry had a feeling that Elizabeth was very reluctant. Henry suspects that this has been somewhat reduced.

Henry also hopes that the lineage of Cecil will be recorded. Henry does not think that this has been observed. Henry thinks that the lineage to Governor West has been noticed, but not accepted. Henry suspects that the descents from Governor West have not been noticed. The other descents are important, but these are the most important. Henry understands that Edward will have a thought about his own descents.

(Apr. 11, 2019) Henry thinks that Henry has said enough. Henry understands that many details of the reign of Henry appear to be without reason. Henry hopes that what Henry has shared gives an explanation. Henry will say again. The house of Henry was being attacked. The enemy was Italy. Henry understood that the Church was Italy. Henry understood that Venice was the power that manipulated the Church. Henry had to resist or submit. Henry chose the path of his father. Henry understands that his successor, James Stuart, was also of the same mind. Henry understands that the son of James was cut down. This is as happened to Henry.

John Human
Scholar

how to respectfully communicate with ancestors

Post #14

Post by John Human »

I have been asked to give an explanation of communicating with ancestors.

I began communicating with deceased ancestors (and recording their stories) in November 2016, after I was told that this was possible. When recording the stories of distant German ancestors, I "heard" their thoughts in plain English. However, at times there was confusion about the proper choice of a word. When that happens, the ancestor and I agree on the particular word to use, and then I put parentheses around the word in question, and then the ancestor moves on with his/her story.

Bishop Tobey Mathews is speaking, if that is the correct word. Bishop Tobey Mathews will simply refer to himself as Bishop. Bishop understood, before he died, that he would be able to communicate with descendants. Bishop understood that descendants would have the choice. Bishop also understood that he had the choice to communicate with ancestors. Bishop knew, from an early age, that he could communicate with his mother. This was because his mother died when he was three years old. Bishop understood, because of this experience, that there was a clear reason for this. Children who lost the parents had the ability to continue in their time of need. Bishop never thought beyond this. Bishop simply understood that this was common.

Deceased ancestors appear unanimous in stating that, upon death, a separation of the soul into two parts occurs. I mentioned this earlier on another thread: viewtopic.php?t=35501&sid=9dfe647b1bf6e ... 84489c4deb

As my recently-deceased father explained on Dec. 3, 2018, three days after his death:

On the “Day of the Dead� (the day after Halloween) in 2016, I thought of the names of all of my grandparents and their parents and grandparents, and they started talking to me. (I made detailed notes.) Remorse came up immediately for some of them. I learned that women often had ongoing connections with living daughters and granddaughters, but most of the men had been isolated since their deaths. I was told – several times – that after death there is a kind of separation of what we call the soul into two parts. Each ancestor has a part that remains accessible to descendants, and a part that goes elsewhere. Memories are incomplete.

For the delightful story of how my great-great-grandmother managed to choose her own husband, see "Ancestral Memories: William Coons and Julia Wallace," at https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:Anc ... ia_Wallace

For the thousand-year-old story of how my ancestor Paganus of Pridias, a Cornish leader with a fortified hilltop, dealt with the impending Norman Conquest of Cornwall (at the tail end of England), see "Ancestral Memories: The Pridias Family," at https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:Anc ... nerations)
"Love is a force in the universe." -- Interstellar

"God don't let me lose my nerve" -- "Put Your Lights On"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCBS5EtszYI

"Who shall save the human race?"
-- "Wild Goose Chase" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L45toPpEv0

"A piece is gonna fall on you..."
-- "All You Zombies" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63O_cAclG3A[/i]