Post #2

Post by justme2 »

We be aliens!!!

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: The true God no one can deny

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

I'm not sure why you posted this in Theology, Doctrine, and Dogma unless you are suggesting that your proposed scenario refers to the God of Biblical Theology.
justme2 wrote: The true God no one can deny

{snip}

He is back deciding our future
What do we do--?

What do we do? :-k

There wouldn't be much we could do other than suffer the consequences of whatever personality this God might have.

As far as I'm concerned if we are talking about planet earth in its present condition, AND we are assuming that the God in question is truly a decent intelligent God, then I personally would have nothing to worry about.

Any intelligent God isn't going to blame every individual for the behavior of the masses. I'm totally opposed to the way that many people on this planet are behaving themselves. I absolute reject the direction and policies of the current political administration in my country of the USA. I didn't vote for these people and come 2020 I will be casting my vote to get them out of power.

Therefore if any decent intelligent God comes to earth and is displeased with the behavior of these people that I am also displeased with, that's certainly not going to reflect poorly on me. To the contrary, I would be more in harmony with what the God was hoping to find.

In fact, I can safely say that if everyone on planet earth behaved liked me there would be no crime on planet earth at all. Certainly no rape, no murder, not thievery, no extortion, no lies, no cheating, etc.

We wouldn't even need locks and keys if everyone were like me.

So what is this God going to do? Be so ignorant as to blame everyone for the behavior of others? I certainly hope not, because I don't want to have to suffer because of the criminal behavior of others.

As I say, I don't condone their behave, and I didn't vote in the corrupt leaders that are currently leading us into the den of iniquity.

So to answer your question, "What do we do?"

I can't speak for anyone else, but all I need to do is be who I am. That should be more than enough for any truly decent God.

And if the God is indecent then it doesn't really matter what anyone does we'd all be doomed in that case.
justme2 wrote: We be aliens!!!
Speak for yourself.

Who are you referring to as "we" and do you count yourself as one of them?
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

William
Savant

Re: The true God no one can deny

Post #4

Post by William »

[Replying to post 1 by justme2]

The topic reminds me of this data.

https://www.wingmakers.com/wp-content/u ... eruda1.pdf

[yt]bZJ0QpdtrFI[/yt]

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #5

Post by brianbbs67 »

We are aliens to this world. It is a construct for sure. I have watched it manipulated many times. it is God who does it the best. If you have made something wouldn't you know it?

Tcg
Savant

Post #6

Post by Tcg »

brianbbs67 wrote: We are aliens to this world.

All scientific evidence points to the fact that we are indeed natives of this world. Even the Bible teaches the same.

Why would you claim otherwise?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by ttruscott »

Tcg wrote: All scientific evidence points to the fact that we are indeed natives of this world. Even the Bible teaches the same.
The interpretation of scientific evidence is led astray by secular biaas.

The Bible supports by allegory and metaphor the contrasting interpretation of reality that we come here from another place and this is not our home:
Heb 11:8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, without knowing where he was going. 9 By faith he dwelt in the promised land as a stranger in a foreign country. He lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. 10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.

13 All these people died in faith, without having received the things they were promised. However, they saw them and welcomed them from afar. And they acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth.

The use of this allegory here of the stranger in a strange land, 1 Peter 2:11 Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul., supports the Christian idea that we were a heavenly creation and will return to the heavenly existence after this physical reality is burned away, 2 Peter 3:12 ...as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the very elements will melt in the heat., and our heavenly home renewed: John 14:1-3 Jesus said, "Let not your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."

We fit this world not because it created us but because it was designed to fit our sinful choices and to to teach us the reality of what those choices to sin created.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

justme2
Apprentice

Post #8

Post by justme2 »

[quote/][url=http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 355#961355]9 By faith he dwelt in the promised land as a stranger in a foreign country.[/quote]

You mentioned the “stranger� so I reference it here---

(Mal 3:5 KJV) And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.
(Deu 24:19 KJV) When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.
(Deu 24:20 KJV) When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.
(Deu 24:21 KJV) When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.
(Jer 7:6 KJV) If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:
(Jer 22:3 KJV) Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.
(Ezek 22:7 KJV) In thee have they set light by father and mother: in the midst of thee have they dealt by oppression with the stranger: in thee have they vexed the fatherless and the widow.
(Zec 7:10 KJV) And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.
(Exo 22:21 KJV) Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
(Exo 23:9 KJV) Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
(Lev 19:34 KJV) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
(Lev 25:35 KJV) And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.
(Deu 1:16 KJV) And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.
(Deu 10:18 KJV) He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.
(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Love in the Quran:-
Worship Allah and associate nothing with Him, and to parents do good, and to relatives, orphans, the needy, the near neighbor, the neighbor farther away, the companion at your side, the traveler… (An-Nisaa’ 4:36)
Zakah expenditures are only for the poor and for the needy and for those employed to collect [zakah] and for bringing hearts together and for freeing captives [or slaves] and for those in debt and for the cause of Allah and for the [stranded] traveler – an obligation [imposed] by Allah. (At-Tawbah 9:60)
Goodness does not consist in turning your face towards East or West. The truly good are those who believe in God and the Last Day, in the angels, the Scripture, and the prophets; who give away some of their wealth, however much they cherish it, to their relatives, to orphans, the needy, travelers and beggars and to liberate those in debt and bondage; those who keep up the prayers and pay the prescribed alms; who keep pledges whenever they make them; who are steadfast in misfortune, adversity and times of danger. These are the ones who are true, and it is they who are aware of God. (Al Quran 2:178)

Hating is not God’s way. The Quran speaks of this, the Jewish Bible old and new speak of this and yet the Israeli’s murder children instead.
Look for the good and you will find it
Look for the bad and it is there too

What can we/you do--?
:?:

justme2
Apprentice

Post #9

Post by justme2 »

ttruscott wrote:
Tcg wrote:He lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise.
Genesis 25:9 His sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah near Mamre, in the field of Ephron son of Zohar the Hittite,
Genesis 47:30 but when I rest with my fathers, carry me out of Egypt and bury me [ Israel ] where they are buried." "I will do as you say," he said. ;
Genesis 49:31 There Abraham and his wife Sarah were buried, there Isaac and his wife Rebekah were buried, and there I buried Leah.
Genesis 50:10 And they came to the threshingfloor of Atad, which is beyond Jordan, and there they mourned with a great and very sore lamentation:
Genesis 50:13 For his sons carried him [ Israel ] into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a buryingplace of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre.
Genesis 50:14 After burying his father, Joseph returned to Egypt, together with his brothers and all the others who had gone with him to bury his father.

The Israeli's claim the land they now occupy the homeland of the Israelites while their great leaders where buried elsewhere; Israel, Isaac, Rebekah, Abraham, Leah and Sarah were not buried in the land we now call "Israel" but in a land called Canaan which was beyond the Jordan river.
Why is there such a disconnect from biblical history and the occupied land of today?

justme2
Apprentice

Post #10

Post by justme2 »

Promised Land
“Moses went up Mount Nebo to the top of Pisgah, looked over the promised land of Israel spread out before him, and died, at the age of one hundred and twenty, according to Talmudic legend on 7 Adar, his 120th birthday exactly.
Moab is the historical name for a mountainous strip of land in modern-day Jordan running along the eastern shore of the Dead Sea. In ancient times, it was home to the kingdom of the Moabites, a people often in conflict with their Israelite neighbors to the west.
The Moabites were a historical people, whose existence is attested to by numerous archeological findings, most notably the Mesha Stele, which describes the Moabite victory over an unnamed son of King Omri of Israel. Their capital was Dibon, located next to the modern Jordanian town of Dhiban.�

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Moab
:study: