How can the son of David also be his Lord?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Checkpoint
Prodigy

How can the son of David also be his Lord?

Post #1

Post by Checkpoint »

Perhaps you can solve the conundrum Jesus put to the Pharisees that completely stumped them?

Matthew 22:

41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,

42 “What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?�

“The son of David,� they replied.

43 He said to them, “How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord’? For he says,

44  ‘YHVH said to my Lord:

“Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet.� ’

45 If then David calls him ‘Lord,’ how can he be his son?�

46 No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.
The Pharisees couldn't come up with any answer.

How about you?

What do you think?

How would you answer him?

Avoice
Guru

Re: How can the son of David also be his Lord?

Post #31

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 29 by brianbbs67]

The 800's?

Oh my

Have you not read the Dead Sea Scrolls? They were enscribed BEFORE the onset of Christianity. And if you took a Torah Scroll from a synagogue anywhere in the world it would be the same as what is written in the Dead Sea scrolls. But even that one letter does not change the meaning of what is being conveyed. Taking things out of scripture that is about Jesus is ridiculous. Because the Dead Sea scrolls we're inscribed before Christianity came into being proves thats not true.

The Torah is eternal. God chose the Jews because he knew they would carry his message to the world. Giving every generation the exact same opportunity as every generation before. To read it and accept it or to reject it.

Because God's message to the world is eternal God has made sure that his message has remained eternal. The Christian Testament cannot be God's message to the world. What Christians consider their holy Bible today is not the same as it was hundreds of years ago. It has been revised over and over and over again. And if it was the word of God then God has Alzheimer's because he must have forgotten where he buried Abraham.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #32

Post by brianbbs67 »

Avoice wrote: [Replying to post 29 by brianbbs67]

The 800's?

Oh my

Have you not read the Dead Sea Scrolls? They were enscribed BEFORE the onset of Christianity. And if you took a Torah Scroll from a synagogue anywhere in the world it would be the same as what is written in the Dead Sea scrolls. But even that one letter does not change the meaning of what is being conveyed. Taking things out of scripture that is about Jesus is ridiculous. Because the Dead Sea scrolls we're inscribed before Christianity came into being proves thats not true.

The Torah is eternal. God chose the Jews because he knew they would carry his message to the world. Giving every generation the exact same opportunity as every generation before. To read it and accept it or to reject it.

Because God's message to the world is eternal God has made sure that his message has remained eternal. The Christian Testament cannot be God's message to the world. What Christians consider their holy Bible today is not the same as it was hundreds of years ago. It has been revised over and over and over again. And if it was the word of God then God has Alzheimer's because he must have forgotten where he buried Abraham.
Please note, I said modernly put together. Yes Torah is God's instructions for this world. I do not reject it. I accept it. The dead sea scrolls do have differences with modern translations. I know the Torah was written many times over the ages. And yes according to the Babilonian Talmud most of the Tanakh was compiled by the Great Assembly. And the rest finalized later. And as to Abraham, Machpela.

What my point is, is that both religions have translated things to suit their particular belief at the time and have revised that later.

seve
Under Probation

Post #33

Post by seve »

Dear Readers,

Here is how I read the cited text below:... NOTE: Insertions are mine for illustration and presentation only.

Psalm 110:1 The LORD (invisible Almighty God Father) said unto my (David') Lord (YHWH), Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

I don't know why.... BUT.... there should NOT have been any denying that David’s Lord in the OT is no other than our Lord YHVH, himself.... the Son of the invisible Almighty God. Here’s why….

Our Lord YHVH could NOT have been the invisible Almighty God Father as most of you assume him to be. Do you know why? Simply because, accordingly, No Man hath seen the invisible God at anytime (Jhn 1:18) - who is an invisible Spirit without any physical shape or form that changes NOT.

It also well documented that YHVH has been seen and witnessed on several occasions, by his chosen people in the Old Testament - representing the express image of his invisible Father, physically. In fact, YHVH, himself, the Son, made the following statement and declaration below....

Exo 6:3 And I APPEARED (in physical form) unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty (representing his invisible God Father), but by my name JEHOVAH (YHVH) was I not known to them

Therefore, YHVH could NOT have been the invisible Almighty God Father - of whom No man hath seen at anytime -- but the Son, himself, the Christ.

Here’s another one of the many Biblical Proof texts below: Let me know if you need more.

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses (eye witnesses), saith the LORD (YHWH), and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

IF YHVH is the only God physically FORMED for us to see and witness... and accordingly, BEFORE him there was No God FORMED, neither there shall be AFTER him.... then, I conclude that ....Our Lord YHVH is Jesus Christ himself, the Christ - who was Made Flesh and took the FORM of a Man to save us from our sins - who also became known as Jesus Christ in the New Testament.

Why? Simply because, according to the cited text, Isa 43:10… “before him (YHVH) there was No God FORMED, neither shall there be after him,�.... Amen?

God Bless

NOTE: No man knows the name of the invisible Almighty God Father until one overcometh the end - Rev:3:12

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #34

Post by brianbbs67 »

My witnesses are you---says God

My servant whom I have chosen.
To the end that you may take thought.
And believe in Me.
Before Me no god was formed,
After Me none shall exist--
None but Me, the Lord;
Beside Me, none can grant triumph
and I brought to pass;
I announced it, And no strange god was among you.
So you are my witnesses--declares the Lord.

And I am God.
Ever since day was, I am He.
None can deliver from My hand.
When I act, who can reverse it?