Last Will and Testament

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Last Will and Testament

Post #1

Post by 2ndRateMind »

So, this is not meant to be a debate thread. Just a smattering of ideas. Suppose you were to die, tomorrow, this month, or this year. Where would you want your assets to go? And why?

Best wishes, 2RM.
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost

tam
Savant

Post #2

Post by tam »

Peace to you!

What assets I have I would leave to my husband and children.

Husband because what is mine is his and vice versa. Children because they are my heirs (so my assets belong to them by right), and because I love them. I provide for them as much as I am able while alive; why would that change if I died?

RightReason
Under Probation

Re: Last Will and Testament

Post #3

Post by RightReason »

[Replying to 2ndRateMind]

I would leave whatever I have to my husband and children as well, but something that I would leave in my last will and testament would be that my husband and all of my children remember to pray for the repose of my soul and to inform anyone else who attends my funeral that I asked the same.

I do not just want them to remember me fondly, or send warm thoughts, or say nice things about me when I'm gone (thinking that is somehow honoring me), or even erect or donate anything in my name. I would want nothing of that sort. If anything, I would want them to spread the word that I was not perfect and in great need of their prayers and sacrifices.

What I ask is for them to pray for me that God have mercy on me and that I eventually get to be with God in heaven. In return I would promise to pray for all of them as well. I would make sure my family knew how importantly I felt about praying the Holy Rosary or the chaplet of the Divine Mercy for those who have died. I would love it if my children offered up some of their suffering for me, since once we die our fate is sealed and we can no longer help ourselves, but through the Communion of Saints and Church Militant we can help others. I would love it if they had a mass for me on my birthday or anniversary of my death.

This is what I would want more than anything else in the entire world.

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by 2ndRateMind »

So, I hope for the best for both of you, and that it is considerable long time before your wishes need be enacted!

For my part, I have no spouse, or children, and so free of those commitments I would like to do something meaningfully good for the whole of humanity. I have a brother, though, so I would like to give him something back for the considerable financial support he has extended to me, over the years. Other than that, well, I have some books, I would like to go to my local college, and Send a Cow and Tree aid both seem to me to be worthy causes.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost