Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

So, I became a Christian...

Post #1

Post by 2ndRateMind »

...What next?

Does one just continue as before, with the assurance of eventual heaven? Or, is there something Christians ought to be, think, say and do I am unaware of?

Best wishes, 2RM.
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: So, I became a Christian...

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by 2ndRateMind]

I don't know what you are aware of but the Christian commission is to preach the good news of the kingdom (see Mat 28:19, 20).

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

RELATED POSTS

Was "Great Commission" given uniquely to the eleven Apostles?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 95#p937795

WHY did Jesus commission his disciples to preach ?
viewtopic.php?p=1024798#p1024798

With thousands of Christian denomination what is one identifying Mark of the true religion?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 48#p897648

Does God reach out to save people through human envoys?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 70#p940370

How extensively do Jehovah's Witnesses preach the good news?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 24#p812724

Do Jehovah's Witnesses deliberately target particular demographics?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 94#p960294

Does Pauls expression "every creature under heaven" (Col 1:23) allude to humans having a prehuman existence?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 37#p828637

Do Jehovah's Witnesses preach in Islamic countries?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 31#p883531

Why is the preaching work of Jehovahs Witnesses remarkable?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 97#p891497,
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES , THE 2ND COMING and ...THE GREAT COMMISSION,
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

RightReason
Under Probation

Post #3

Post by RightReason »

[Replying to 2ndRateMind]
...What next?

Does one just continue as before, with the assurance of eventual heaven? Or, is there something Christians ought to be, think, say and do I am unaware of?
If you are a Christian it should affect EVERYTHING in your life – even including how you comb your hair! A Christian should do everything – big and small for the glory of God. Cutting your grass can be offered up to God. This means the Christian doing so would be mindful that he is in the presence of God. It means he would cut his grass with pride and respect and the necessary effort required to do a good job. He would do so without complaining or wanting to be praised for doing so.

So, once one realizes he is a son or daughter of Christ, he tries to always remember he is in the presence of God and acts accordingly. So, “What’s next?� Everything is next. Your next breath, the next words out of your mouth, your next move . . .

William
Savant

Post #4

Post by William »

2ndRateMind: So, I became a Christian...

William: What do you mean you "became a Christian"?

2ndRateMind: Does one just continue as before, with the assurance of eventual heaven?

William: I don't know what one would do. I suppose it is all up to you and what you think being a "Christian" is...how can one 'be/become' something when one is not even sure what that something should be/become?

2ndRateMind: Or, is there something Christians ought to be, think, say and do I am unaware of?

William: If you are unaware of anything, and think that there is something you should be aware of, then until you have that sorted, I don't suppose you can claim to 'be' that thing...

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #5

Post by brianbbs67 »

Following the "Way of Christ", ie, his manner of living and beliefs, is a good start. Only study will reveal this to you. So, study everything about this religion and as James said, " Test everything and hold fast to what is true."

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Post #6

Post by For_The_Kingdom »

[Replying to post 1 by 2ndRateMind]

Keep your prayer life STRONG, letting God know that you are aware of his presence. Stay in fellowship with other Christian brothers and sisters. Share, love, embrace, and encourage each other. Read the Bible consistently, familiarizing yourself with God's word..and that should prepare you for ANYTHING.

Train in Christian Apologetics, so you may always have a defense ready for those that question your faith, and this will also help strengthen your own faith.

Take efforts to save souls, reach and teach people about the good news (Gospel). Let the Holy Spirit guide you.

Follow the laws of Christ; love your neighbor, and more importantly love your God will all of your heart, mind, and soul.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by Checkpoint »

2ndRateMind wrote: ...What next?

Best wishes, 2RM.
Becoming a Christian is far more than, and far different than, simply getting a free ticket to heaven.

So no, becoming a Christian guarantees you will not "just continue as before".

It changes how you see yourself and your world; it changes how you think and what you say and do.

Scripture has much to say about these things; here are two examples:

Mark 8:

34 Then Jesus called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

35 For whoever wants to save their soul/life will lose it, but whoever loses their soul/life for me and for the gospel will save it.

36 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?
37 Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?

Titus 2:

11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men.

12 It instructs us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live sensible, upright, and godly lives in the present age.

Swami
Sage

Post #8

Post by Swami »

2ndrateMind:"...What next?

"

Razor: You are probably not unaware of much if you spent some time around Christians. The one thing that will seem new is that you get to see it for yourself, how it works, how it feels, etc.

I know your thinking and behavior because such "beliefs" inevitably influence behavior and thinking.

Congratulations on your new faith and path!

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by IaLoaou »

2ndRateMind wrote: ...What next?

Best wishes, 2RM.
How exactly did you became a Christian?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #10

Post by onewithhim »

brianbbs67 wrote: Following the "Way of Christ", ie, his manner of living and beliefs, is a good start. Only study will reveal this to you. So, study everything about this religion and as James said, " Test everything and hold fast to what is true."
Also, Jesus said that to gain everlasting life we must get to know his Father as well as Jesus himself. He said in prayer to the Father:

"This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ." (John 17:3)

Is getting to know the Father taught in most churches in the world? I would say that the majority of people don't even know His name, in spite of the fact that Jesus said that he would make the Father's name known (John 17:6,26).

It was important to Jesus, and I feel that it is important for Jesus' followers---true Christians. We must get to know both Jesus and his Father, and follow Jesus' example in our everyday lives.

"To this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving a model for you to follow his steps closely." (I Peter 2: 21)

www.jw.org