Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

So, I became a Christian...

Post #1

Post by 2ndRateMind »

...What next?

Does one just continue as before, with the assurance of eventual heaven? Or, is there something Christians ought to be, think, say and do I am unaware of?

Best wishes, 2RM.
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost

William
Savant

Post #41

Post by William »

[Replying to post 38 ]

onewithhim: Jesus said that we should not throw our pearls before certain individuals, and so that is why I'm not responding to any more of your disrespect.

William: Swine. It was swine. So if one is to interpret that an individual is the 'swine' of the analogy, one might take care also not to confuse pig-swill with pearls...as such analogies - in all fairness - can swing both ways.

I do doubt that Jesus intended the saying to be used as a means of thinly veiled insult, since he also counseled that any perceived disrespect be met with turning the other cheek.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #42

Post by onewithhim »

Difflugia wrote:
onewithhim wrote:And it was WHEAT, not corn. :facepalm:
Or barley, or rye, or sorghum.

Matthew 12:1, KJV:
At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.
Though it has come to almost exclusively mean maize in US English, the word "corn" can properly refer to any grain.
I stand corrected. I always read that passage as if it was referring to wheat. Thanks for the info. :o