JJ50
Banned
Banned

My idea of heaven and god

Post #1

Post by JJ50 »

If heaven and god exist, how about this ? :D

Heaven

St Peter was showing a bunch of new recruits the delights of heaven. There were things to suit all tastes, even a gay bar. Most popular were the wine tasting sessions, which Jesus had set up, he was particularly proud of his Chateau Heaven vintage, being of course an expert in viticulture.

A carriage, pulled by eight white horses, stopped beside the group, and out got the most beautiful woman they had ever seen. St Peter bowed low and introduced her, "This is God"! The recruits gasped, "Don't worry, you will soon get used to the idea", she grinned!

At the end of the tour the recruits were shown a tin shack from which emanated the sound of hoarse discordant singing. St Peter explained, " That is reserved for 'born again' Christians who think they are the only inhabitants of heaven, we don't like to disappoint them so they can sing God's praises for all eternity. One puzzled new arrival queried how they reacted to God being a woman. "Ah" said St Peter, "Now that is our very cunning plan. Not everyone can enter into the delights of heaven immediately if they have been very bad whilst on earth. They must serve a term playing God for the 'born agains’, the length of which depends on the wickedness of their crimes. As the actor is always hidden in a blaze of light, they are none the wiser when a change over takes place. However heinous the crime, the perpetrator is deemed to have served their sentence after a few Millennia of listening to that lot 'singing God's praises!"

RJG

William
Savant

Re: My idea of heaven and god

Post #11

Post by William »

[Replying to post 1 by JJ50]

William: What I would like to experience in the next phase is along the lines of a place where I can gather my thoughts and adapt to my new situation.
Ideally this would be situated in an Earth-like environment because that will help me adapt to the new situation far easier.

It would be an eternally starry night with crescent moon waxing, a very slight breeze would whisper its presence. The hoot of a nearby owl. The smell of smoke from the camp-fire and of food cooking which brings a comforting feeling to anyone who enters into the light that the camp fire throws out in all directions.

I would be alone in that, but obviously open to visitors coming by for a chat.

Judgmentalism of any kind would be prohibited. It is MY universe and that would be MY rule.
Therein, I would have an Invisible Friend who would interact with me along the lines of The Genie - and will have the voice of Robin Williams.
My Invisible Friend would not sweep me off my feet and take me on adventures without my specific permission.
We will be reflections of one another, and as such, highly respectful of that revelation.
When I go there, I want to be able to experience the idea that I have never NOT being there, even if only now and again, just for the experience.
Also, it will not be a place in which I would be eternally stuck, so it will have magical qualities which allow me to 'go places/bring places to me'.

[yt]HLQLFJrV_o4[/yt]

SallyF
Guru

Post #12

Post by SallyF »

I thought I better check …

And yep, it's biblical alright …!

It's the lake of fire for you if you're not in the Book :(

Could listening to born-again Christians singing in a shed be worse …?
"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by JJ50 »

[Replying to post 7 by bjs]

I have no wish of an afterlife when I die. My opening post was meant as a joke.

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by JJ50 »

SallyF wrote: Image

I thought I better check …

And yep, it's biblical alright …!

It's the lake of fire for you if you're not in the Book :(

Could listening to born-again Christians singing in a shed be worse …?

Very funny. I was threatened with that garbage so many times as a child, which was very abusive then. As soon as I seriously began to question the fundamentalist/Biblical literalist dogma, I saw how sick and unpleasant it was with no evidence to support it and I lost my faith.

William
Savant

Post #15

Post by William »

JJ50: I have no wish of an afterlife when I die. My opening post was meant as a joke.

William: Well it was shifted to a more appropriate forum - perhaps because it wasn't taken seriously.
It is a fascinating topic nonetheless.

The Hell Memes are interesting. Some believe the imagery is symbolic of ones wish to be deleted, and the wish being granted.

Perhaps in this, all record of your existence is destroyed, so that no record of your existence is even to be found in The Akashic?

Maybe even as a last prank, when ones request is granted, one is thrown to fall into a hellish environment so that the last experience one will ever have before ones non-existence is granted, is one of sheer terror.
What a way to go!

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by JJ50 »

[Replying to post 15 by William]

You make assumptions but can't back them up with evidence.

William
Savant

Post #17

Post by William »

JJ50: You make assumptions but can't back them up with evidence.

William: It is unclear to me what assumptions you believe I am making.

William
Savant

Post #18

Post by William »

JJ50: You make assumptions but can't back them up with evidence.

William: It is unclear to me what assumptions you believe I am making.
How would you react if it could be proved beyond any shadow of doubt god or afterlife exist?
I seems to me from what you write, that this would distress you...