What proves Jesus is the Messiah? Did he fulfill prophecies

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

What proves Jesus is the Messiah? Did he fulfill prophecies

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

What proof can anyone give that Jesus is the Messiah? Did he fulfull prophecies? If so, what orophecy and how did he fulfill it? Riding into into Jeusalem on an ass proves nothing. Many rode into Jerusalem on an ass. I too could ride in to Jerusalem on an ass. What else ya' got?

Needless to say any evidence MUST be supported by the Hebrew Scriptures

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #81

Post by Eloi »

Avoice, for christians Jesus is the Messiah, and there is not any doubt about it: Jesus was confirmed as Messiah by God himself and he died and was resurrected. Those two things are enough confirmation for a christian.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #82

Post by brianbbs67 »

Avoice wrote:
And as for Jesus dying once for all sins-. WHY DOES IT SAY THAT THE SACRIFICIAL SYSTEM WILL BE REINSTATED IN THE TEMPLE AND THAT THE MESSIAH WILL OFFER A SACRIFICE FOR HIMSELF AND ANOTHER FOR THE PEOPLE? I thought he died for all sins? Why will we the sacrificial system return? And if Jesus was a sinless messiah why should he offer up a sacrifice for himself? I thought he was the sacrifice?
Many people read over this very thing in the Tanakh/OT. The law is most definately in effect and affect. What logic is there to following the law till Christ and then not following, but when he returns we will follow it??

Many people also won't realize without the law, there is No Sin. If no sin, there is no need of saving anyone. Scripture defines sin as lawbreaking, lawlessness, inequity is substituted to confuse I believe, but the word is lawlessness.

Psalm 119 describes God's law as liberty, righteousness and not a burden and forever. Just as in exodus, numbers and the Levites. "You shall have one law for you and the stranger who sojourns with you throughout your generations."(forever.)

Avoice
Guru

Post #83

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 80 by Eloi]

But why would the ones the Jews thought were the Messiah not the Messiah? If them dying was why the Jews discarded the idea of them being the messiah then they reasoned wrong according to Chriarestians. By Christian logic the ones who died could have been the messiah.wherger the Jews believe in a second coming doesn't matter. Because Christians say the truth is that there is a second coming. So you have to apply Christianity's beliwf system to this. You can't apply the Jews definition of the Messiah to diaqualify anyone who dies because you say they are wrong
If the Messiah is to have a second coming then every Jewish man can say he's the Messiah. But as far as acting like the Messiah they will do it in their second coming.

Again, my question is this:. Why is Jesus the Messiah and no other Jewish men who died is the Messiah? Lots of Jews died without building the third temple. Jesus didn't either. So why is he the Messiah. let's debate this. That's why we come here to this site
Last edited by Avoice on Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Avoice
Guru

Post #84

Post by Avoice »

Jesus was confirmed as the Messiah by God himself? That's a huge claim. Prove it. Show me where God himself said Jesus was the Messiah.

Avoice
Guru

Re: What proves Jesus is the Messiah? Did he fulfill prophe

Post #85

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 56 by Willum]

I'm not confused one bit

Avoice
Guru

Post #86

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 75 by JehovahsWitness]

Why haven't you answered what I asked you?

1) Tell me what is written by the prophet Isaiah that has you believe he is talking about Jesus or the Messiah at all! Where does it say the Messiah will be a product of God impregnating a human? Virgin birth prophecy? Where?

2)Tell me how Jesus, Joseph and marry returning from Egypt fulfills a prophecy? It cites the book of Hosea as prooftext. So what did the prophet Hosea say that is about Joseph, Mary and Jesus? Where is the prophecy about them returning from Egypt as the writer of Mathew claims? In fact - show me that it's even a prophecy at all

3) Tell me how 'Rachel weeping for her children...' which was spoken by the prophet Jeremiah has to do with Herod killing the children? The writer of Mathew says it does. Tell me how

USE AN ACCURATE TRANSLATION

polonius
Prodigy

Did Jesus fulfill this major prophecy of the Messiah?

Post #87

Post by polonius »

Jesus never sat on the throne of Israel nor returned the rule to Israel.

Avoice
Guru

Post #88

Post by Avoice »

Where does God confirm this?

Avoice
Guru

Post #89

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 75 by JehovahsWitness]

I am still waiting for you to explain the supposed fulfilled prophecies stated in the Christian testament

Avoice
Guru

Post #90

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 2 by Checkpoint]

How did he fulfill a prophecy about an anointed one?

Isaiah 53 was changed by the church to make it sound like it could be about Jesus. Where it says he was stricken it really says THEY. THEY WERE STRICKEN.

Isaiah 53 is about Gods servent. Who does Isaiah say Goes servent is? Read below God's servent is Israel. For those that don't know: Jacob is Israel.

Isaiah 43:10
Ye are my WITNESSES saith the Lord, and my SERVANT whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
(NOTICE HOW GODS WITNESSES ARE SPOKEN OF IN THE SINGULAR AND PLURAL. THIS IS COMMON. ISRAEL IS OFTEN SPOKEN OF AS A SINGLE ENTITY)

Isaiah 41:8
But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

Isaiah 44:1
Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen

Isaiah 44:2
Fear not, O Jacob, my servant

Isaiah 44:21
Remember these, O Jacob and Israel; for thou art my servant: I have formed thee; thou art my servant: O Israel, thou shalt not be forgotten of me.

Isaiah 45:4
For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect

Isaiah 49:3
Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.