Wootah
Savant

Is racism scientific?

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Is racism scientific?

Answer seems yes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... -says/amp/

Isn't our racism just part of our sin nature?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Danmark
Site Supporter

Re: Racism

Post #11

Post by Danmark »

DrNoGods wrote: [Replying to post 7 by Wootah]
Previously, it’s been assumed racial bias came from bad experiences with people of different races. But this research shows it could actually be the exact opposite.

I think my quibble with the article is the use of the word "racism" to describe what is a natural response of a baby with no life experience to favor familiar things.
[emphasis applied]
That, in a nutshell, is what is going on. Thanks Doc. You've mirrored my response. One would think this obvious and intuitive explanation would have been considered in the research. Obviously people gravitate to what they are familiar with. A control group of babies that were raised since infancy with adults and other children of many 'races' would have been helpful.

BTW, there is no such thing as 'race,' from a biological point of view. Race is a social construct that emerged from pseudo science and historic bigotry.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/maga ... ce-africa/

Let me give a quick example for those not inclined to look at the science of the issue. The 'Caucasian "race' is frequently referred to as 'white,' despite the fact it includes East Indians who frequently have skin color darker than some examples of the so-called 'Negroid "race"' called 'black.' We are one race, homo sapiens.

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #12

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to post 11 by Danmark]
We are one race, homo sapiens.
Yes indeed. And as far as we know we all had dark skin at the beginning, which was most efficient for life in the heat and sun of Africa. Migrations to higher latitudes and the lack of vitamin D production because of lower UV levels favored lighter skin tones, and "white" people appeared on the scene.

That simple explanation was taught during my fresman anthropology class in college in 1976, and I believe has only been further solidified as the correct explanation for variations in skin color among Homo sapiens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_skin
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

bjs
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by bjs »

[Replying to post 9 by Yusef]

Profanity is never acceptable on this site.

:warning: Moderator Warning

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #14

Post by Danmark »

Yusef wrote:I try reply as quoting from the maximum degree of scientific Source means The Religion..
Otherwise I will be nothing but a fool.
√ and a Hadith says: the best race among Arab is 'Hashim' and among Ajam[nom-arab] is 'Persian'
If I as one who is from two the best races....
You seem to be saying there is a Hadith which claims some 'races' are superior to others and that you are a member of this superior race.

This is the very definition of racism and it is false. You urge the use of science, but science says not only is there no superior race, the very concept of race has no scientific validity.

'"What the study of complete genomes from different parts of the world has shown is that even between Africa and Europe, for example, there is not a single absolute genetic difference, meaning no single variant where all Africans have one variant and all Europeans another one, even when recent migration is disregarded," Pääbo told Live Science. "It is all a question of differences in how frequent different variants are on different continents and in different regions.'
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... sts-argue/

Yusef
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by Yusef »

This is reply to the Moderator Action too.

Danmark wrote:
Yusef wrote:I try reply as quoting from the maximum degree of scientific Source means The Religion..
Otherwise I will be nothing but a fool.
√ and a Hadith says: the best race among Arab is 'Hashim' and among Ajam[nom-arab] is 'Persian'
If I as one who is from two the best races....
You seem to be saying there is a Hadith which claims some 'races' are superior to others and that you are a member of this superior race.

This is the very definition of racism and it is false.
it is problem from your race/spirituality that looked at my reply this interpretation.

Take a while one who has been upgraded spirituality or has a well race, he is able and realizes what I the humble want to say;
My texts teaches others:
  • 1. Making non-superior races hopefully
    • according to the Verse of Qur'an and Hadith i brought
    2. Again emphasis on knowing that superior races aren't good people absolutely
    • according to the example vehicles/SD cards i brought
    3. Again hopefully and knowing and teaching that one such as me whom is from 2 the best races, i show myself garden of feet of dogs of real believers!! Means emphasis on giving hopefully to the believers versus atheists
    How?
    Because today in any religion, religious people are mostly
    • . Lower IQ
      . Lower beautiful
      . non-scientific
      . non-lovely
      . etc..
And other people mostly wouldn't like religions and religious people because of they argue that he/she doesn't sin because of isn't on sin's position!
Or say they have gone among religious people because any other parts of society don't approve them to join them..
Etc...

But since i've joined this forum[2012], always i 've condemned atheists and showed my own abilities/positions to them that tell them if atheism was true, i was more deserved that be like you!
At all defend believers versus unbelievers
You urge the use of science, but science says not only is there no superior race, the very concept of race has no scientific validity.
i mentioned that daily I meet non-persian specially from villages I meet them and see a series of viewpoints/behaviours/thoughts that verifies that Race-Ranking is true and scientific!
And i didn't mention name of any races :l how did you named me racist or about profanity!!!!??
I assume your beliefs are the better! Well, be soldier of God and convert me. By your own reasonings also tell me my wrong beliefs and why..>> :study:

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #16

Post by Danmark »

Yusef wrote:i mentioned that daily I meet non-persian specially from villages I meet them and see a series of viewpoints/behaviours/thoughts that verifies that Race-Ranking is true and scientific!
And i didn't mention name of any races :l how did you named me racist or about profanity!!!!??
I said nothing about your use of profanity. That comment was made by a moderator.

But YOU made reference to a Hadith about superior races "among Arabs."

Do you have "scientific" evidence about races existing? Can you cite us to such evidence? Other than religious references, do you have any evidence about racial superiority.

My best friend was Persian, born in Iran. He was one of the kindest and smartest people I have ever met. His father was a famous Persian author. My friend contended, and other sources agree, that Persians are separate and distinct ethnically from Arabs.

I understand you say you meet people who you don't like and you attribute this to their race. What is your evidence their characteristics come from their 'race' and please give us a scientific definition of 'race.'

Other Islamic sources appear to contradict your opinion on race. Could you comment on:
'Islam and Racial Superiority
( Verse 13 )
يٌا أَيّ�هٌا النٌّاس� إ�نٌّا خَلَقْنٌاك�م مّ�نْ ذَكَر� وَأ�نـثَى وَجَعَلْنٌاك�مْ ش�ع�وباً وَقَبٌائ�لَ ل�تَعٌارَ��وا إ�نَّ أَكْرَمَك�مْ ع�نْدَ اللٌّه� أَتْقٌـك�مْ إ�نَّ اللٌّهَ عَل�يمٌ خَب�يرٌ

“O’ Humanity! Without doubt We have created you from a male and a female and have made you into various nations and tribes, so that you may come to know and understand one another. Definitely the most honoured among you in the sight of Allah is the one who is the most Allah-Consciousness. Surely Allah has full Knowledge and is All-Aware.�

The issue of equality between all human beings, opposition to any type of racial, ancestral and class discrimination, fairness between all the children of Adam in relation to human rights and that no person is better than another due to his skin colour, language, lineage or race - is one of the most important societal issues in the Qur’an which has been mentioned in various Ayat of this Heavenly Book.

The Qur’an has denounced any sort of superiority - whether it be of race, language or skin colour and even today, this subject is one of the most complicated issues within the society which even in the most important industrial centres of the world (such as America) is still a source of confusion and since the (the industrialized centres of the world) feel that this is an issue that can never be solved, they have brought this discussion to a close. The Qur’an explains this issue with simple logic and by explaining the origin and creation of man, clearly demonstrates that such an imaginary belief that one’s race or colour is what makes him superior to others is false.

We see that from the beginning of this Surah to the present verse under discussion, Allah (Glorified and Exalted is He) has addressed the people five times with the phrase:

يٌا أَيّ�هٌا الَّذ�ينَ آمَن�وا...`
https://www.al-islam.org/islamic-moral- ... uperiority

Yusef
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by Yusef »

Danmark wrote:
Yusef wrote:i mentioned that daily I meet non-persian specially from villages I meet them and see a series of viewpoints/behaviours/thoughts that verifies that Race-Ranking is true and scientific!
I said nothing about your use of profanity. That comment was made by a moderator.

But YOU made reference to a Hadith about superior races "among Arabs."

Do you have "scientific" evidence about races existing? Can you cite us to such evidence? Other than religious references, do you have any evidence about racial superiority.

My best friend was Persian, born in Iran. He was one of the kindest and smartest people I have ever met. His father was a famous Persian author. My friend contended, and other sources agree, that Persians are separate and distinct ethnically from Arabs.

I understand you say you meet people who you don't like and you attribute this to their race. What is your evidence their characteristics come from their 'race' and please give us a scientific definition of 'race.'

Other Islamic sources appear to contradict your opinion on race. Could you comment on:
'Islam and Racial Superiority
( Verse 13 )
يٌا أَيّ�هٌا النٌّاس� إ�نٌّا خَلَقْنٌاك�م مّ�نْ ذَكَر� وَأ�نـثَى وَجَعَلْنٌاك�مْ ش�ع�وباً وَقَبٌائ�لَ ل�تَعٌارَ��وا إ�نَّ أَكْرَمَك�مْ ع�نْدَ اللٌّه� أَتْقٌـك�مْ إ�نَّ اللٌّهَ عَل�يمٌ خَب�يرٌ

“O’ Humanity! Without doubt We have created you from a male and a female and have made you into various nations and tribes, so that you may come to know and understand one another. Definitely the most honoured among you in the sight of Allah is the one who is the most Allah-Consciousnessref:Taqwa Surely Allah has full Knowledge and is All-Aware.�

The issue of equality between all human beings, opposition to any type of racial, ancestral and class discrimination, fairness between all the children of Adam in relation to human rights and that no person is better than another due to his skin colour, language, lineage or race - is one of the most important societal issues in the Qur’an which has been mentioned in various Ayat of this Heavenly Book.

The Qur’an has denounced any sort of superiority - whether it be of race, language or skin colour and even today, this subject is one of the most complicated issues within the society which even in the most important industrial centres of the world (such as America) is still a source of confusion and since the (the industrialized centres of the world) feel that this is an issue that can never be solved, they have brought this discussion to a close. The Qur’an explains this issue with simple logic and by explaining the origin and creation of man, clearly demonstrates that such an imaginary belief that one’s race or colour is what makes him superior to others is false.

We see that from the beginning of this Surah to the present verse under discussion, Allah (Glorified and Exalted is He) has addressed the people five times with the phrase:

يٌا أَيّ�هٌا الَّذ�ينَ آمَن�وا...`
https://www.al-islam.org/islamic-moral- ... uperiority
First of all check the meaning of Taqwa and see how much difference there is on translation.

2. This concept is exactly such as 2 other Shi'a-Islam's concepts that people are confused in them,

Well,
Where of this verse of Qur'an tells against the Haditn i brought!??

I now was searching a post above 5 years ago and didn't find..
In that post i brought an example:
Suppose there is a Rally among countries of: Japan, Germany, USA, Iraq, Egypt to the target, Jerusalem;
Well,
The Japanese driver passes 3000Km of the way,
And the Egyptian driver passes only 30Km!
Well,
Which one of them is the better!?
Of course the Japanese although thousands kilometers is before the Egyptian towards the target

Race is the same!

As the quoted verse of Qur'an SayS: nobody is NEARER[not superiorer] toward God but by Taqwa!

Did you understand dear father!?
An other example:
You live in Europe with freedom about Wine, Drug, Sex, Homosexuality, etc..
You make yourself by Taqwa up to a level that you stop just homosexuality.
And i live in iran that there isn't freedom about these..
But i stop myself from homo, drug, sex. but drinking wine!
Which one of us has been nearer to God!?
Yes, You!

Well,
I talk about those 2 confused concepts:
1. Dog is dirtiest creature of God even dirtier than pig!
It doesn't point about Morality! Rather about system of creating of body of dog only!

2. Bada'
That ignorant people think God DecideS a thing, then will Be Remorseful!!
ref: Can one/men Change Predictions!!?
I assume your beliefs are the better! Well, be soldier of God and convert me. By your own reasonings also tell me my wrong beliefs and why..>> :study:

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #18

Post by Danmark »

Yusef wrote:
In other words, you have no science to support your views.

Yusef
Banned
Banned

Post #19

Post by Yusef »

Danmark wrote:
Yusef wrote:
In other words, you have no science to support your views.
Tell me what will be evidence to what explain what the science is!?? :?:

Your answer is the Scientists!

Well,
I quoted these differences between races from the highest ranked scientists means the Twelver[pbu.th]

And
Islam and Racial Superiority
( Verse 13 )

اکرمکم = Akramakum = honorest/benevolent of you
عند الله = End Allah = Along God
اتقکم = Atqokum = the more doer Taqwa of you

This verse never stands opposite side of that Hadith!

And says:
Among all races of the world, those who do Taqwa in their lifetime, those are nearer to God than others..
But if 2 persons had Taqwa equals together, one is the better who lives in the harder position!
Or 2 persons who live in same country/city/district with same money/job/work.. one is the better who has a weaker race!
Because God ExceptS stronger races the more!

Well,
I convinced you about differences of races by quoting from the greatest scientists, the 12 Imams of Shi'a-Islam, the same 12 children of the woman in the Revelation of Yuhanna[pbuh]
viewtopic.php?t=8369

Donray
Guru

Post #20

Post by Donray »

I did not know that ISLAM is a racist religion. Exactly what race is the superior race?