Which parts of the Bible are the Word of God?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Which parts of the Bible are the Word of God?

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Which parts of the Bible are the "Word of God". How much of it?

Did God bind the Bible in it's entirety from cover to cover, and proclaim, "THIS is my word"? If so, what is your evidence for this? If so, which version, which canon of the Bible is the entire, verbatim Word of God?

The Hebrew Bible?
The Roman Catholic version?
The Orthodox version?
or the Protestant version?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Avoice
Guru

Re: Which parts of the Bible are the Word of God?

Post #41

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 32 by marco]

Anyone could say the same thing as they are dying.whybufvi asked his right now he's send 100 legions of angels to stop my death. He really would. But I don't have to prove it. Just believe it's true.

Nonesense

Avoice
Guru

Post #42

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 36 by JehovahsWitness]

A voice

A voice?

You are basing your eternity on an unidentified voice that talks about an unidentified person.

People talk to God in the Christian Bible. But notice God doesn't say anything back. I can see how people are so inspired by "the word"

Your final quote is even more inspirational. It tells us that Christians worship an unknown entity. The words Jesus speaks aren't his. Hmmm....wonder what the one called Jesus really thinks? Jesus has also said he didn't come to do HIS will. So what is his will?

Whoever Jesus really is he isn't the one everyone is ga-ga over

Christians gave no idea who the one they call their really is. But we know what he has accomplished. Jesus has gotten people to be disobedient to God's laws. How did he do that? Oh my. .the promise of eternal life. The oldest trick in the book

Eve fell for it. The voice she listened to promised she'd love forever too. She didn't have to obey God. That tree is so pleasant to the eyes.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.". ~jesus

Weary? Whst makes Jesus think people are weary? Tired from what?
Burdened? Burdened with what?

Ummm...no thanks jesus. You sure sound so authoritative though.
No, But nice try. I will worship the creator. Not His creation. And that's what you are. His creation. You exist only if my God allows it

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #43

Post by JehovahsWitness »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
MATTHEW 3:17

Look! Also, a voice from the heavens said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.� - NWT
LUKE 9:35

Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying: “This is my Son, the one who has been chosen. Listen to him.� - NWT
JOHN 12:28

Father, glorify your name.� Then a voice came out of heaven: “I have glorified it and will glorify it again.� - NWT

Avoice wrote:
You are basing your eternity on an unidentified voice that talks about an unidentified person.
Emphasis MINE

Neither the owner of the voice nor who he was referring to are "unidentified". The speaker identified Himself as the Father of Jesus.

WHO WAS JESUS FATHER

LUKE 1:31, 32
...you are to give Him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. - Berean Study Bible
LUKE 1:32
This One will be great and he will be called The Son of The Highest and THE LORD JEHOVAH will give to him the throne of David his father - Aramaic Bible in Plain English
WHO DO THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES IDENTIFY AS "THE MOST HIGH" GOD

GENESIS 14:22

Abram saith unto the king of Sodom, 'I have lifted up my hand unto Jehovah, God Most High, possessing heaven and earth -- Young's Literal Translation

CONCLUSION The voice from heaven is clearly identified himself as Jesus' father ; Jesus's father is identified by the Angel Gabriel as being none other than The Most High God. This is a designation that in the Hebrew Scriptures is applied uniquely to YHWH/Yaweh/JEHOVAH the God of Abraham.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Peds nurse
Site Supporter

Post #44

Post by Peds nurse »

Divine Insight wrote:
Elijah John wrote: Did God bind the Bible in it's entirety from cover to cover, and proclaim, "THIS is my word"? If so, ...
DI wrote:And if not, then this renders the entire concept meaningless does it not? :-k

Why would a God expect humans to try to figure out which parts of religious texts might have come from God and which parts didn't? :-k

Especially a God who is supposedly demanding that we follow his commandments lest we be faced the death or some type of condemnation.

Are we going to ignore that this God supposedly commanded us to do any particular thing or behave in any particular way?

I actually agree with the Fundamentalists on this point. Either the Bible is the perfect infallible Word of God, or it's not. If it is, then Fundamentalism is the only way to go. If it isn't then there's no point in even considering it to be anything other than man-made tales.

And I can't see pure Fundamentalism as making any sense. Therefore I conclude (ironically using the Fundamentalist's own views) that the Bible cannot be the word of any God. Certainly not in full, and nor can it be the word of God in part. So ultimately the Bible can't have anything to do with any God.
DI!!!! I hope you are well and enjoying your day!

WE AGREE (at least in some sort of sense) although our conclusions are different. If I am to believe the Bible, I must believe all in its entirety, otherwise, I am establishing my own version of its truth. This does not mean that I have clear understanding of everything, but I am constantly seeking.

Always a pleasure Mr. DI!

bluegreenearth
Guru

Post #45

Post by bluegreenearth »

Peds nurse wrote:
Divine Insight wrote:
Elijah John wrote: Did God bind the Bible in it's entirety from cover to cover, and proclaim, "THIS is my word"? If so, ...
DI wrote:And if not, then this renders the entire concept meaningless does it not? :-k

Why would a God expect humans to try to figure out which parts of religious texts might have come from God and which parts didn't? :-k

Especially a God who is supposedly demanding that we follow his commandments lest we be faced the death or some type of condemnation.

Are we going to ignore that this God supposedly commanded us to do any particular thing or behave in any particular way?

I actually agree with the Fundamentalists on this point. Either the Bible is the perfect infallible Word of God, or it's not. If it is, then Fundamentalism is the only way to go. If it isn't then there's no point in even considering it to be anything other than man-made tales.

And I can't see pure Fundamentalism as making any sense. Therefore I conclude (ironically using the Fundamentalist's own views) that the Bible cannot be the word of any God. Certainly not in full, and nor can it be the word of God in part. So ultimately the Bible can't have anything to do with any God.

WE AGREE (at least in some sort of sense) although our conclusions are different. If I am to believe the Bible, I must believe all in its entirety, otherwise, I am establishing my own version of its truth. This does not mean that I have clear understanding of everything, but I am constantly seeking.

If you believe all the Bible states in all its entirety, then you believe the following was commanded by God:

Leviticus 25:44-46

44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

Peds nurse
Site Supporter

Post #46

Post by Peds nurse »

bluegreenearth wrote:
Peds nurse wrote:
Divine Insight wrote:

bluegreenearth wrote:If you believe all the Bible states in all its entirety, then you believe the following was commanded by God:

44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

Hello there Mr./Mrs. Bluegreen! I hope all is well for you. I apologize in my delayed response.

Yes, I do believe the verse you quoted. I am not sure exactly how you want me to respond to it. I don't feel the need to fall into the trap of trying to condone it however. I believe the entire Bible is founded in truth by God. It doesn't mean that I always understand that truth.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #47

Post by 2timothy316 »

Peds nurse wrote:
bluegreenearth wrote:
Peds nurse wrote:
Divine Insight wrote:

bluegreenearth wrote:If you believe all the Bible states in all its entirety, then you believe the following was commanded by God:

Hello there Mr./Mrs. Bluegreen! I hope all is well for you. I apologize in my delayed response.

Yes, I do believe the verse you quoted. I am not sure exactly how you want me to respond to it. I don't feel the need to fall into the trap of trying to condone it however. I believe the entire Bible is founded in truth by God. It doesn't mean that I always understand that truth.
Indeed it is a trap PN. Yet they said it was a commandment but it was not a commandment. It says you 'may' buy not you must buy. Also, people that try to use the Mosaic Law to condone slavery don't understand the purpose of the covenants of the Bible. They were not put in place to solve every injustice in the world. They were there to secure the coming of a true savior for the world. They are using Eisegesis in their Bible interpretation. They need to paint God as a monster, then they go find a scripture that they feel support it. Ignoring all context and reference scriptures. They also assume that slavery during the BCE was the same as the 1700 and 1800's. Yet slavery was not the same under the Mosaic Law. But that will not matter to a person that needs God to be worse than a slave trader to push their own dogma. There is a hope that we will blame Jehovah God for the bad things evil people do, so that we will curse God to His very face. (Job 1:11, Job 2:9) Fortunately we know better. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisegesis

tam
Savant

Post #48

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
Avoice wrote: [Replying to post 31 by tam]

You are worshipping God's creation not the creator .

The one you call Lord is just one of God's creations. God said he will never give his glory to another. So why do you? It's all about Jesus. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.

The God of Israel can destroy your lord.

A - I worship God, the Most Holy One of Israel.

B - Nothing you wrote in your post here has anything to do with what I said in my post 31. Perhaps you did not understand the things I actually wrote, and so you ignored my words and resorted to a response based upon what you THINK a Christian does; instead of addressing the actual things that I told you I do?

C - The Most Holy One of Israel would not destroy His Son Jaheshua (pronounced Yaheshua), His Chosen One, whom He loves.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy