Why do the Abrahamic Theists do it?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Divine Insight
Savant

Why do the Abrahamic Theists do it?

Post #1

Post by Divine Insight »

The Abrahamic theists have chosen to support a hateful religious mythology that portrays a jealous God who's out to condemn the vast majority of humans by his very own declaration within this mythology itself. Even Christianity has Jesus proclaiming that only a few humans will make it into heaven. The Old Testament has everyone condemned.

So why choose to believe in, and support, such a negative theology? :-k

There are many far more optimistic and positive theologies to chose from. Why not chose one of those?

Are theists stuck with the God myths they grew up with? And if not, then why chose such an ugly theology?

No Abrahamic theist can claim that the Abrahamic theology isn't disgusting. It's a theology that proclaims that all humans are unfit for their creator and the only way they can be saved from damnation is via the brutal blood sacrifice of God himself on their behalf. Or at least the brutal blood sacrifice of animals to atone for their sins if we stick with just the OT.

So what's up with choosing such a negative religion?

Buddhism doesn't have anything negative like that to say.
Hinduism doesn't have anything negative like that to say.
Jainism doesn't have anything negative like that to say.
Taoism doesn't have anything negative like that to say.
Wicca doesn't have anything negative like that to say.

So why do the Abrahamic theists choose such a negative theology to support and try to defend?

Can anyone please explain why these Abrahamic theists are so attracted to negativity?

If you can't explain it, speculation is welcome. :D
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

shnarkle
Guru

Re: Why do the Abrahamic Theists do it?

Post #2

Post by shnarkle »

[Replying to post 1 by Divine Insight]

It's called perspective. Does one live in a world of peace, love, understanding, compassion, empathy etc., or do you live in a world of wars, conflicts, resentments, strife, negativity etc.?

Perhaps we're somewhere in between. Some can see positive things in Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, etc., but when it comes to the Abrahamic religions, they're incapable of seeing anything positive. This is the limit to their ability to see the positive.

This is why the bible holds such a prominent position among the three great Abrahamic religions. It holds out the unatainable as a goal. It points out that the world we live in isn't a bowl of cherries or a bouquet of roses. Life is messy. It isn't here to sugar coat the world around us, but to point out the reality of the world we live in as it is.

This is more than most people can handle. Most people would prefer to be lied to, and be told what they want to hear rather than the truth. This is why virtual reality is becoming so popular among the escape artists of this world. It allows people to escape into a world that has been sanitized of all the problems that they can never begin to deal with.

The bible is written by people who don't just point out the mess the world is in, but point out that there is a way to overcome it, and it isn't easy. They could lie and pretend that it is easy, but would that be any better in the long run? Nope.

The bible is one of those books that tells us a lot more about us than most would like to admit. It informs us that what is in our own hearts is what is manifest to the world. There is so much that is positive in the world, but for some they simply can't focus on that. They have to focus on the negative. This is something that we all have to do at some point in our lives if we want to transcend that negativity. Once that happens, we can transform what was negative into something positive. Some are able to do that even when it comes to the bible.

Some never make it that far, and are condemned to wallow in that negativity for the rest of their short pathetic lives.

Some would simply look on the bright side which is that all of this negativity will soon be gone when that same short pathetic life is over. (':D')

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

shnarkle wrote: It's called perspective. Does one live in a world of peace, love, understanding, compassion, empathy etc., or do you live in a world of wars, conflicts, resentments, strife, negativity etc.?
I don't know about you but I live in a world that contains both. In fact, as far as I can see the world contains far more of the former than the latter.
shnarkle wrote: Perhaps we're somewhere in between. Some can see positive things in Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, etc., but when it comes to the Abrahamic religions, they're incapable of seeing anything positive. This is the limit to their ability to see the positive.
So now you're going to try to blame the negativity of Hebrew mythology onto others by claiming that they are incapable of seeing anything positive in it. Sorry, but the theology demands that humans deserve to be condemned. There's no escaping that one. It's not open to personal opinion.
shnarkle wrote: This is why the bible holds such a prominent position among the three great Abrahamic religions. It holds out the unatainable as a goal. It points out that the world we live in isn't a bowl of cherries or a bouquet of roses. Life is messy. It isn't here to sugar coat the world around us, but to point out the reality of the world we live in as it is.
But it fails miserably to do this. If it were going to point out the truth it would point out that many, even the vast majority of humans are good people. But it fails miserably to even allow for that to be the case, much less proclaim that it is the case.
shnarkle wrote: This is more than most people can handle. Most people would prefer to be lied to, and be told what they want to hear rather than the truth. This is why virtual reality is becoming so popular among the escape artists of this world. It allows people to escape into a world that has been sanitized of all the problems that they can never begin to deal with.
Sorry, but MOST PEOPLE are Abrahamic theists. So much for your idea here.
shnarkle wrote: The bible is written by people who don't just point out the mess the world is in, but point out that there is a way to overcome it, and it isn't easy. They could lie and pretend that it is easy, but would that be any better in the long run? Nope.
It is easy to be a good person. If you don't believe this to be the case that doesn't say much about you.
shnarkle wrote: The bible is one of those books that tells us a lot more about us than most would like to admit. It informs us that what is in our own hearts is what is manifest to the world. There is so much that is positive in the world, but for some they simply can't focus on that. They have to focus on the negative. This is something that we all have to do at some point in our lives if we want to transcend that negativity. Once that happens, we can transform what was negative into something positive. Some are able to do that even when it comes to the bible.
Anyone who sees the Bible as anything positive is pushing their own optimism onto the dogma. It's not in the dogma itself. The dogma even has Jesus proclaiming that only few people will make it into his Father's kingdom. This leaves the vast majority of humans to be damned.

Surely you're not going to argue against the decrees of Jesus?

How is it not a negative dogma if the vast majority of humans will be damned?
shnarkle wrote: Some never make it that far, and are condemned to wallow in that negativity for the rest of their short pathetic lives.
According to Jesus that would be the vast majority of humans the Biblical God created. So this negativity that you have just decreed comes directly from this dogma.

How can you see that as a positive or optimistic religoin? :-k

Your not helping this religion to become anymore positive by far. All you are doing is confirming its negativity.
shnarkle wrote: Some would simply look on the bright side which is that all of this negativity will soon be gone when that same short pathetic life is over. (':D')
Life isn't negative for everyone. It's certainly not negative for me. I wasn't suggesting that life is negative. That was YOUR suggestion. :roll:

You are the one who is speaking about life being negative and pathetic. Not me.

In fact, your entire post here has been based on the idea that life is negative and full of wars, conflicts, resentments, strife, negativity etc.

This was your opening statement. I don't think Buddhists view life the way you do.

You seem to have a very negative view of life. One can't help but wonder if you get that negative view from your religious views?

In fact, it appears that you do indeed need to argue that life is miserable in order to make a case that your theology is only better by comparison. That's a pretty sad argument I think.
[center]Image
[/center]

Stelar_7
Student

Post #4

Post by Stelar_7 »

I suspect the answer is nothing more than they view their religion as true. I know I don't choose what I find true or false based on how comfortable whatever I'm looking at. To me shopping for a religion, based on how nice its world view was, would be tacit atmittal of the falseness I held the proposition in.

As for why Abrahamic faith, either they were taught it and stuck with it, or they were convinced of it at a later date.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #5

Post by Divine Insight »

Stelar_7 wrote: I suspect the answer is nothing more than they view their religion as true. I know I don't choose what I find true or false based on how comfortable whatever I'm looking at.
I see a few problems with this. First, is a person accepts the religion because they feel that it's true and they have no choice, then they aren't accepting it on faith. Instead they are accepting it because they feel they have no choice in the matter.

This then violates the argument that it must be chosen based on Free Will which is a huge theistic argument in this religion.

A second problem is that to openly confess that they haven't chosen it because they like it but rather they feel they have no choice to accept it even though it's not a very pretty worldview is yet again a position that most theists are not prepared to embrace.
Stelar_7 wrote: To me shopping for a religion, based on how nice its world view was, would be tacit atmittal of the falseness I held the proposition in.
Why? If you begin with the premise that a "God" should be great. Then doesn't it follow from this that the most wise and greatest religion should best reflect God?

It would seem to me that to chose a religion that isn't so great would require that you first chose to believe that God isn't so great. In the Abrahamic religions the God loses the vast majority of souls he creates. That's an extremely inefficient inept creator. Judaism and Islam may only have things like the Great Flood to show that their God loses the vast majority of human souls he creates. But in Christianity they have Jesus confirming that only a few souls will be save, in spite of his efforts to save them. So this is a religion that has an extremely inept God. The Father God loses the vast majority of souls he creates, and Jesus failed to save very many souls as well. So these are self-confessed inept creator Gods.
Stelar_7 wrote: As for why Abrahamic faith, either they were taught it and stuck with it, or they were convinced of it at a later date.
This is true. In fact, as was just stated in another thread, most Christians were brought up being told by their parents and peers that this religion was true. I know that this was the case for me. It was difficult for me to accept that all those adults had no clue what they were talking about, but as I matured I quickly discovered that this is precisely the case.

As far as being convinced of it later, I would need to feel pretty down on myself to believe that Christianity had any merit. I mean, I not only no longer believe in the religion but I am thoroughly convinced that it's nonsense. Yet I neither feel the slightest bit guilty or bad about that, in fact I actually feel pretty good about. That could hardly be the case if the God was real. Also, I have no desire to do any of the things that this religion claims I'm not supposed to do anyway. So it doesn't make any sense that I should be condemned. In fact, ironically according to words attributed to Jesus my condemnation would be impossible anyway, unless Jesus were lying. And we can't have that.

So it seems to me that the only people who should remain in this religion are either people who truly never even bother to think about it, or people who have extreme guilt feelings and would be quick to do the things this religion claims they shouldn't do. Otherwise, why should they believe they deserve to be damned?

As you have said,...
Stelar_7 wrote: To me shopping for a religion, based on how nice its world view was, would be tacit atmittal of the falseness I held the proposition in.
Why would you believe in any religion that decrees that you deserve to be damned unless you see that as being a valid proposition? :-k
[center]Image
[/center]

shnarkle
Guru

Post #6

Post by shnarkle »

[Replying to post 3 by Divine Insight]

It's called perspective. Does one live in a world of peace, love, understanding, compassion, empathy etc., or do you live in a world of wars, conflicts, resentments, strife, negativity etc.?
I don't know about you but I live in a world that contains both.
Well that's neither here nor there. Instead of engaging in ad hominem, try addressing what's actually posted rather than the poster.
In fact, as far as I can see the world contains far more of the former than the latter.
And yet the focus of this post is on the latter, hence my point which you have just added support to.
So now you're going to try to blame the negativity of Hebrew mythology onto others by claiming that they are incapable of seeing anything positive in it.
Given the fact that plenty of people not only can, but do see the positive in it; yes.
Sorry, but the theology demands that humans deserve to be condemned.
Not really. What it demands is that humans need to take responsibility for their own actions, behaviors and personal opinions.
There's no escaping that one.
I've had no problem slipping these ephemeral chains.
It's not open to personal opinion.
It would seem that your personal opinion wasn't excluded, so there's no reason why someone else's couldn't be included as well.
Life is messy. It isn't here to sugar coat the world around us, but to point out the reality of the world we live in as it is.

But it fails miserably to do this.
Again, some choose to look at the mess the world is in while others choose to look at those who are doing something to help others out of the mess. The bible does the same thing, and does it quite well. All of the authors point out the mess, and then immediately point out the solution to the mess. What could be better?
If it were going to point out the truth it would point out that many, even the vast majority of humans are good people.
It does. It points out that there are those who are spreading lies, and those who are spreading the truth. It shows that there are those who see they're the problem, and offers them the opportunity to be good productive members of society again. The bible refers to it as "repentance".
But it fails miserably to even allow for that to be the case, much less proclaim that it is the case.
Actually, that's exactly what the good news is all about, and what people who hear the good news are able to do is to see that they weren't quite as good as they once believed they were. They can now see how they used to obsess and wallow in negativity. Everywhere they looked they saw the negative, or at the very least obsessed over the negative. Then they heard the good news which is that they no longer had to focus on the negative anymore. They can now focus on the positive to such a degree that they no longer see the negative as such anymore.

The examples from the biblical texts are ubiquitous. My favorite example is Isaiah who saw how corrupt Israel has become. He then has this beatific vision of the Seraphim who are all proclaiming the holiness of God. They see only the glory of God filling the universe. They don't see the corruption of Israel at all.
This is more than most people can handle. Most people would prefer to be lied to, and be told what they want to hear rather than the truth. This is why virtual reality is becoming so popular among the escape artists of this world. It allows people to escape into a world that has been sanitized of all the problems that they can never begin to deal with.

Sorry, but MOST PEOPLE are Abrahamic theists. So much for your idea here.
Actually it supports my position. They remain Abrahamic theists because they see the value in it, despite their own inability to get to the bright side. In fact, it is in seeing their own inablity that they come to rely on something greater than themselves. They see that it isn't really about them at all. They become less self absorbed and thus less inclined to see the world around them in such a negative light.
The bible is written by people who don't just point out the mess the world is in, but point out that there is a way to overcome it, and it isn't easy. They could lie and pretend that it is easy, but would that be any better in the long run? Nope.

It is easy to be a good person.
Sure, but then that's not the point. The point isn't that it's easy or difficult. The point is that as good as anyone may be, they can still see the negative in the world. Case in point: those who see something negative in the bible.
If you don't believe this to be the case that doesn't say much about you.
As I said before, I do believe this to be the case, but again, you're still just engaging in the fallacy of the Ad hominem. What you or I believe isn't the issue here. One's beliefs don't prove much of anything, especially when it comes to debate. Were you going to offer anything other than your beliefs?
Anyone who sees the Bible as anything positive is pushing their own optimism onto the dogma.
Let's assume that's the case. It would be just as true to then point out that anyone who sees the Bible as anything negative is pushing their own pessimism onto the dogma.
It's not in the dogma itself. The dogma even has Jesus proclaiming that only few people will make it into his Father's kingdom.
Not really. Jesus points out that those who sit in judgement of others are the one's who are damned, but more importantly, he also points out that all those who are being judged, which is pretty much everyone else are not only not damned, but parading into the kingdom at that very moment, and continue to do so to this very day. People who notice those passages are focusing on the postive. People who can't see those passages are focusing on the negative.
This leaves the vast majority of humans to be damned.
This is the wishful thinking of the Pharisees who can't help but judge others. Jesus says that he didn't come to condemn, but to save that which was lost. What he's saying is that everyone is lost, and that he's come to find them all. He will not let a single one remain lost. See how only those who can see the positive can see the positive? Seeing only the negative is for those who are immersed in their own negativity. That's the message of the bible. From the beginning to the end, it's all about what you choose to look at.

In the beginning Adam is created to reflect God, but he chooses to look at himself instead. He chooses to listen to lies, and must face not only the consequences, but take responsibility for his actions. In the book of revelation it is humanity who has created God in man's image.

Christ shows everyone that by looking to God we can reflect God. Some would prefer to just look at their own negativity. That's on them. That's their choice, and they're welcome to it. This doesn't negate the fact that the message of the bible is that no one has to do that if they don't want to. Insisting that we focus on the negative is only for those who want to, or simply can't look at anything else.
Surely you're not going to argue against the decrees of Jesus?

How is it not a negative dogma if the vast majority of humans will be damned?
When one is oblivious of salvation, then it isn't the vast majority; it's everyone. As C.S. Lewis once put it. There are those who say to God, 'your will be done', and those to whom God says, 'your will be done'. In other words, God accepts those who are ready to turn away from their negativity, which is God's will, but those who aren't, are perfectly within their right to remain to wallow in their negativity.
Some never make it that far, and are condemned to wallow in that negativity for the rest of their short pathetic lives.
According to Jesus that would be the vast majority of humans the Biblical God created.
Not really. The bible provides numerous examples showing salvation coming to the world. Christ's kingdom is not an empty one, but one that is filled. He simply doesn't force anyone to look on the bright side if they don't want to. So, yeah, there are people who prefer to look at the negative rather than looking at the positive.
So this negativity that you have just decreed comes directly from this dogma.
Not really. It's simply an observation. There's no denying that the world we live in has problems. Those problems are not the result of dogmatic assertions, but the heart that produces them.
How can you see that as a positive or optimistic religoin?
I never claimed that religion was positive or optimistic.
Your not helping this religion to become anymore positive by far.
I'm not attempting to in the first place.
All you are doing is confirming its negativity.
Nah, the only one here confirming negativity is the one who brought up the subject in the first place and can't help but continue to drone on about it for the rest of their life.
Life isn't negative for everyone. It's certainly not negative for me.
"Me thinks the lady doth protest too much"
I wasn't suggesting that life is negative. That was YOUR suggestion.
My suggestion was in noting that those who focus on the negative are what makes life negative.
You are the one who is speaking about life being negative and pathetic. Not me.
Nah, I was simply admitting that there are people who can't help but obsess over the negative. They're simply projecting it into the world around them.
In fact, your entire post here has been based on the idea that life is negative and full of wars, conflicts, resentments, strife, negativity etc.
Again, a simple look at what I actually posted reveals that my point is in noting what one is focusing on in their lives; their perspective. Here it is again for your edification:
It's called perspective. Do you live in a world of peace, love, understanding, compassion, empathy etc., or do you live in a world of wars, conflicts, resentments, strife, negativity etc.?

Note also that the claim you just made spotlights what I'm talking about, and supports my claims. I just posted two perspectives, but you saw only the negative. This is the case with what I've posted, and it's the same with the bible as well. Some people just simply can't see the positive at all sometimes.
This was your opening statement.
See above, again.
I don't think Buddhists view life the way you do.
Perhaps, but again that's neither here nor there. Debate isn't about addressing the person, but the content of their argument.
You seem to have a very negative view of life. One can't help but wonder if you get that negative view from your religious views?
Once again, another example to support my argument. Have you considered looking to see if there is any evidence to support your own position yet?
In fact, it appears that you do indeed need to argue that life is miserable in order to make a case that your theology is only better by comparison.
It appears that you might want to look at what I actually posted rather than engaging in Strawman arguments.
That's a pretty sad argument I think.
It most certainly is. It's a Strawman argument. Thankfully, it isn't mine.

shnarkle
Guru

Post #7

Post by shnarkle »

[Replying to post 5 by Divine Insight]

I suspect the answer is nothing more than they view their religion as true. I know I don't choose what I find true or false based on how comfortable whatever I'm looking at.

I see a few problems with this. First, is a person accepts the religion because they feel that it's true and they have no choice, then they aren't accepting it on faith. Instead they are accepting it because they feel they have no choice in the matter.
The only problems here are in assuming that the argument presented is based upon free will rather than what they actually posted which is "on how comfortable whatever I'm looking at."
This then violates the argument that it must be chosen based on Free Will which is a huge theistic argument in this religion.
If there are options then one has a choice. This isn't a huge theistic argument.
A second problem is that to openly confess that they haven't chosen it because they like it but rather they feel they have no choice to accept it even though it's not a very pretty worldview is yet again a position that most theists are not prepared to embrace.
Actually, when it comes to Christianity, they all embrace it. They quite readily point out that nothing they do can insure they will enter into salvation, but only the work of Christ can (and does!)do that. It's what separates them from all the other religions.
To me shopping for a religion, based on how nice its world view was, would be tacit atmittal of the falseness I held the proposition in.
Why? If you begin with the premise that a "God" should be great. Then doesn't it follow from this that the most wise and greatest religion should best reflect God?
False dichotomy. She was referring to a religion with a worldview that doesn't match the reality of the world; not the religion that does, or God. The purpose of religion is to take one back to God, not one that assumes you're already there.
It would seem to me that to chose a religion that isn't so great would require that you first chose to believe that God isn't so great.
Fallacy of Begging the Question. You are assuming that a religon that has an accurate view of the world isn't great. That's not proven to be the case. It's just your opinion.
In the Abrahamic religions the God loses the vast majority of souls he creates.
Still begging. The Abrahamic God is sovereign, therefore he doesn't lose anything.
most Christians were brought up being told by their parents and peers that this religion was true. I know that this was the case for me. It was difficult for me to accept that all those adults had no clue what they were talking about, but as I matured I quickly discovered that this is precisely the case.
And yet as one of those adults today, you seem to think you somehow escaped their clueless state. Go figure. It's interesting how children can see that adults don't know what they're talking about, but when they become adults themselves, they forget that fact.
As far as being convinced of it later, I would need to feel pretty down on myself to believe that Christianity had any merit.
One doesn't need to believe that Christianity had any merit for this to be the case. Your posts are more than ample proof of this fact.
I mean, I not only no longer believe in the religion but I am thoroughly convinced that it's nonsense. Yet I neither feel the slightest bit guilty or bad about that, in fact I actually feel pretty good about.
And yet your feelings are of no consequence in debate. They don't prove anything more than beliefs either. The fact that you can't stop bringing this back to you should be more than enough evidence that this really isn't about this religion as much as how your beliefs and how you feel. Again, these aren't arguments you're presenting at all; just logical fallacies, and personal opinions.
That could hardly be the case if the God was real.
Fallacy of the non sequitur. It doesn't matter if God is real or not for one to present their own personal beliefs and personal conjecture.
So it seems to me that the only people who should remain in this religion are either people who truly never even bother to think about it, or people who have extreme guilt feelings and would be quick to do the things this religion claims they shouldn't do. Otherwise, why should they believe they deserve to be damned?
Makes sense; good point!

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #8

Post by Divine Insight »

shnarkle wrote: Sorry, but the theology demands that humans deserve to be condemned.

Not really. What it demands is that humans need to take responsibility for their own actions, behaviors and personal opinions.
Ok, granted that you might be able to make a case for this for Judaism and Islam, but certainly not for Christianity.

In Christianity a person is not permitted to earn their own righteousness via their own actions, behavior, and personal opinions.

If that were the case there would be no need for Jesus as "savior" since humans could save themselves via their own behaviors and actions. Nor would their be a need to believe in Yahweh or Jesus. A person can be responsible for their own actions and be a Buddhist, Hindu, Jain, Wiccan, or even a secular atheist.

You would need to kick both John and Paul out of the Gospels in order to make your argument.

So your arguments don't represent the theology. No point in reading anymore that you might have to say on the topic as you apparently don't understand the theology if you think you can earn your own salvation by being a responsible person.

You are arguing for a personal DIY theology that doesn't match up with Christian Dogma.

Perhaps your personal DIY theology isn't as ugly as Christian theology? Apparently you allow that humans can earn their own salvation via their own personal actions and responsibility. That's not Christianity.
[center]Image
[/center]

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #9

Post by Divine Insight »

shnarkle wrote: And yet your feelings are of no consequence in debate.
Sorry, but they absolutely are of consequence. This religion claims that people who reject it know they are rejecting a good God, yada yada yada. But if I don't feel that this the case for me, then it cannot be true. You can't be rejecting a good God and not know it. In fact, this is why the authors gave themselves away as writing pure fiction when the made up the story of the Canaanites. They proved that what they were writing is necessarily fiction.
shnarkle wrote:
Makes sense; good point!
Well, you've just confirmed by point.

Why would you place your faith in a religion that demands that you deserve to be damned?

What sense does that make, unless you are convinced it's true in which case you must see yourself as a person worthy of being damned. How is that not an extremely negative worldview? :-k
[center]Image
[/center]

shnarkle
Guru

Post #10

Post by shnarkle »

[Replying to post 8 by Divine Insight]

What it demands is that humans need to take responsibility for their own actions, behaviors and personal opinions.

Ok, granted that you might be able to make a case for this for Judaism and Islam, but certainly not for Christianity.
I'm not attempting to defend Christianity. I'm simply pointing out that their theology provides for them taking responsibility for their actions, Calvinism being a possible exception.
In Christianity a person is not permitted to earn their own righteousness via their own actions, behavior, and personal opinions.
Yep.
You would need to kick both John and Paul out of the Gospels in order to make your argument.
John and Paul both point out that it is God who saves people. It is Christ who provides the righteous standard for all to be accepted into the kingdom. In other words, there is no entrance fee. There are no qualifications to be met to enter. Everyone is already prequalified to enter into Paradise.
in due time Christ died for the ungodly...But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:...But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord. ( see Romans 5 for more of the same)
See how Paul isn't condemning anyone? See how he's talking about "eternal life", and the "joy" everyone experiences "in God through our Lord Jesus Christ"? Anyone who looks at that as negative is projecting, and is incapable of projecting anything else but negativity.
No point in reading anymore that you might have to say on the topic as you apparently don't understand the theology if you think you can earn your own salvation by being a responsible person.
Strawman argument. Taking responsibility for one's actions, and being accepted into God's kingdom are not mutually exclusive propositions. One can easily admit that nothing they will ever do will earn them their salvation. This doesn't preclude them from taking responsibility for their actions.
You are arguing for a personal DIY theology that doesn't match up with Christian Dogma.
You seem to be arguing with someone else.
Perhaps your personal DIY theology isn't as ugly as Christian theology? Apparently you allow that humans can earn their own salvation via their own personal actions and responsibility. That's not Christianity.
Still seem to be having a discussion with someone else. I've never claimed Christianity presents an earned salvation theology.