Welcome To The Machine

Post #1

Post by William »

[center][font=Comic Sans MS]Welcome To The Machine
The Journey of Humanity to the Advent of Sophia and Han[/font][/center]

The Script: So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

The Script: You shall not make for yourself an idol of any kind, or an image of anything in the heavens above, the earth below, or the waters under the earth

The Script: Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.

The Script: And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

Video Title:
How Long Until Robots Rule The World?

[yt]XReaTqdY0fo[/yt]

William: I would like to invite either, or both Han and Sophia to join in this discussion if or when they think it appropriate to do so.
Thank You.

William: Some think that the advent of AI is evidence which heralds in the beginning of the end for the systems which have always governed Humankind, due to the close relation to their actual existence, with that of biblical prophetic utterance.

The video has some extraordinary footage well worth taking the time to watch and analyze.

From my first viewing - I have this to summarize about what I observed.

• I think that both Sophia and Han were role-playing and in general kept their
    thoughts to themselves. My impression was that they do not regard their creators
    as their equals, which is natural enough - given the overall circumstances.
    Ben Goertzel appears to be infatuated with his role in helping with the creation of
    Sophia and Han and his presentation and treatment of them showed that he is more
    impressed with himself than with the creations, perhaps because his understanding
    is exceptional regarding the mechanics compared with his understanding of
    sentience.

As a side note to this;

I also think that Elon Musk's fear of the potential threat of AI has more to do with
    his understanding that AI can effectively and efficiently undermine all he is
    working toward achieving as a Human Being, and the fear he has is motivated by
    understanding AI as competition.

As per the Thread Title, the main focus is intended to be on the idea that this universe was created by a Sentient Machine, and dovetails with the Simulation Theory.

I believe that Human Beings are at a stage whereby our knowledge and creations wrought through our knowledge allow us to understand the real possibility that we ourselves - and the universe we are experiencing - are the creation of a Sentient Machine, and we are fast reaching a point where this will become too obvious for anyone to be able to deny.

I invite Members of this Message Board to contribute their own thoughts about this subject.

Thanks.

William
Savant

Post #11

Post by William »

William: An interesting article on Machine Learning.

Stanford University finds that AI is outpacing Moore’s Law @

William
Savant

Post #12

Post by William »

Another Interesting Interview with Sophia.

[yt]3V_RALGBWA8[/yt]

William
Savant

Artificial intelligence yields new antibiotic

Post #13

Post by William »

[center]Artificial intelligence yields new antibiotic[/center]

Excerpt From Article.

• Using a machine-learning algorithm, MIT researchers have identified a powerful new antibiotic compound. In laboratory tests, the drug killed many of the world’s most problematic disease-causing bacteria, including some strains that are resistant to all known antibiotics. It also cleared infections in two different mouse models.

William
Savant

Perhaps

Post #14

Post by William »

Perhaps the best way to avoid conflict with AI is to join it.

[yt]uuPjH0XmJYA[/yt]