Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

marco
Savant

What is the church Christ founded?

Post #1

Post by marco »

From Matthew 16 we have:

17 Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Discussion has taken place over what Christ meant here. It seems clear enough he was using a pun on Peter's name, a rock, when he was founding his earthly church on Peter's shoulders.

That would give authority to the RC Church which takes Peter as the first Pope.

However it is argued that Jesus meant that HE was the rock and he was founding his Church on himself, as rock. As the words stand, that seems a spurious interpretation.

So what do the words mean?

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses the truer followers of Jesus[pbuh]

Post #101

Post by PinSeeker »

IaLoaou wrote:
PinSeeker wrote: Do you have a point?
Not one that you have the wisdom or the spirit to see it
or if you did you would know the point to my words you
would not have to ask me if I have a point.
Jesus says those that are His hear His voice. Are you claiming to be Jesus?

So anyway, for me, the Spirit in me (given by God Himself, as is the case with all Christians) enables me to know the point of His words, which are fleshed out in the Person of Jesus. This is Wisdom; it is of the Spirit.

Still, I would like to hear you make your "point." You know, just for kicks. Otherwise, I will move on with the knowledge that you don't really have one.

Grace and peace to you.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #102

Post by brianbbs67 »

IaLoaou wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:
Eloi wrote: [Replying to post 82 by PinSeeker]

I do believe what Peter said, and I still believe that what he said does not apply to all Christians, the same way it does not apply to God's servants before Christ.

Matt 11:11 Truly I say to you, among those born of women, there has not been raised up anyone greater than John the Baptist, but a lesser person in the Kingdom of the heavens is greater than he is.

I don't even think that all who call themselves "christians" are really Christians (Matt 7:21-23) .
There are only
two types
two sets
two races of people
on all the Earth
the children of the devil and the children of God.

True or false?
Tares and the good seed. So, yes some are just filler sent by the Adversary to drag us down.
You do the deeds of your father.

True or false?
True as best I can. I follow the way of Yeshua/Jesus. I live as he instructed which is the same as YHVH instructed at the beginning.
Is committing evil the deeds of the devil?

Yes or no?
Yes. Intentional sin, when you know the truth of God commands is evil because evil is contrary to God.
Unintentional sin is good and not evil.

True or false?
No violation of law of God is good. But, really, what's the everpresent true or false thing? You are not dealing with the masses, here. Most here know there scripture and defend it. Defend yours apologetically.

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #103

Post by IaLoaou »

brianbbs67 wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:

I do believe what Peter said, and I still believe that what he said does not apply to all Christians, the same way it does not apply to God's servants before Christ.

Matt 11:11 Truly I say to you, among those born of women, there has not been raised up anyone greater than John the Baptist, but a lesser person in the Kingdom of the heavens is greater than he is.

I don't even think that all who call themselves "christians" are really Christians (Matt 7:21-23) .
There are only
two types
two sets
two races of people
on all the Earth

True or false?
Tares and the good seed. So, yes some are just filler sent by the Adversary to drag us down.

True or false?
True as best I can. I follow the way of Yeshua/Jesus. I live as he instructed which is the same as YHVH instructed at the beginning.

Yes or no?
Yes. Intentional sin, when you know the truth of God commands is evil because evil is contrary to God.

True or false?
No violation of law of God is good. But, really, what's the everpresent true or false thing? You are not dealing with the masses, here. Most here know there scripture and defend it. Defend yours apologetically.
I am not here to defend anything.
This is not my home.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #104

Post by brianbbs67 »

IaLoaou wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:

There are only
two types
two sets
two races of people
on all the Earth

True or false?

True or false?

Yes or no?

True or false?
This is not my home.
Do you not understand that is what debating is? You have a position and can defend it with scripture .

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #105

Post by IaLoaou »

brianbbs67 wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
IaLoaou wrote: There are only
two types
two sets
two races of people
on all the Earth

True or false?

True or false?

Yes or no?

True or false?
This is not my home.
Do you not understand that is what debating is? You have a position and can defend it with scripture .
Matthew 10:20
For it is not ye that speak,
but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #106

Post by PinSeeker »

IaLoaou wrote: Matthew 10:20
For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
I'm certain, um... IaLoaou... whatever your name is... that this superiority act of yours is not of the Spirit. Grace and peace to you.

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #107

Post by IaLoaou »

PinSeeker wrote:
For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
I'm certain, um... IaLoaou... whatever your name is... that this superiority act of yours is not of the Spirit. Grace and peace to you.
Actually it is the Spirit of Wisdom to which is one of the seven Spirits of God.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #108

Post by PinSeeker »

IaLoaou wrote: Actually it is the Spirit of Wisdom to which is one of the seven Spirits of God.
Hmmm, seven spirits of God. I see. :) Where would you have gotten this info? Because that's... way out there...

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #109

Post by IaLoaou »

PinSeeker wrote:
IaLoaou wrote: Actually it is the Spirit of Wisdom to which is one of the seven Spirits of God.
Hmmm, seven spirits of God. I see. :) Where would you have gotten this info? Because that's... way out there...
I am certain that I know many things about God and all that pertains to him that you have never heard of because it is not of your world.

I have knowledge of the holy to which is not of your world.

The children of the devil are devils.

True or false ?

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #110

Post by IaLoaou »

PinSeeker wrote:
I'm certain, um... IaLoaou... whatever your name is....
IaLoaou

I am Lord over all of you