Real proofs God doesn't exist - Eloi

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Willum
Savant

Real proofs God doesn't exist - Eloi

Post #1

Post by Willum »

Eloi wrote: I just want to see any real argument that God does not exist. I don't see it and I wonder why. :?:

My God is omniscient ... this is this about.

If you want to play to invent gods, it's Ok, play all you want. What do have to do all those games with my God? That I would like to know.
This entire site is about discussing and in many cases, disproving, God.

It is simple enough to disprove God.
1. Parameterize or state God's properties, then
2. Examine and dismiss those properties.

For example:
1. God created the Earth 10,000 years ago.
The Earth by every science and discipline (excepting particular religions) we have we have available to us demonstrates the Earth is millions to billions of years old. Therefore God did not create the Earth 10,000 tears ago. This is proof, vs mythic stories from ONLY ONE religon.

2. God created the universe. An elaborated apologist rational attempting to correct the above.
Conservation of mass is proven and tells us mass, matter and energy is not created nor destroyed.
No creation, no creator.

3. God created all life on Earth. Only a living thing can create life from non-life.
We have evolution, which has overwhelming evidence and has been both observed and tested. Plants can be planted in barren water and minerals (hydroponics) and create life from sterile conditions - in their own image. With evolution, it is trivial to imagine that growing in to everything.

4. Etc., etc..

Any property of God can be shown false, or at least unnecessary.

That is the point, and property (uniquely characterizing) God can be shown to be false, with evidence or proof that is far more believable than the Bible.

Why don't we try it?

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #2

Post by Eloi »

Yes, try it ... but remember that whatever you say about a god of your invention have nothing to do with the God I believe in. You, or whoever else, must know first who is my God, so they can talk anything about Him.

First mistake: my God didn't create Earth 10000 years ago, so you just started talking about some other god, not mine. ;)

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Zzyzx »

Eloi wrote: Yes, try it ... but remember that whatever you say about a god of your invention have nothing to do with the God I believe in. You, or whoever else, must know first who is my God, so they can talk anything about Him.
Since you inject 'your god' into the discussion, kindly describe 'your god'. What is it?

How can anything you say about 'your god' be substantiated with evidence that can be verified to be truthful and accurate?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Eloi »

This post is not mine, it is yours. You are the one trying to demonstrate that my God does not exist. Well, try ... I am waiting.

Willum
Savant

Post #5

Post by Willum »

Eloi wrote: Yes, try it ... but remember that whatever you say about a god of your invention have nothing to do with the God I believe in. You, or whoever else, must know first who is my God, so they can talk anything about Him.

First mistake: my God didn't create Earth 10000 years ago, so you just started talking about some other god, not mine. ;)
Well, the name of the site is "Debating Christianity and Religion," in the Forum of "Christianity and Apologetics..." so if yours in not the Christian God, or you have a peculiar description of your God, let us know... we'll prove it doesn't exist.

10000 years is just one type of Christians' beliefs. I am anxious for you to tell us about your beliefs.

Of course if your God only follows your particular beliefs and rules, this will be a short and amusing conversation...

"I believe God eats wheat pancakes every Thursday, and that is the path to righteousness..."
Yeah, OK, sure...

SallyF
Guru

Post #6

Post by SallyF »

I don't know that we can prove the nonexistence of any of the countless lowercase gods imagined by people who imagine "God"

But what we CAN demonstrate is that if belief in a god like Inanna, for example, existed before belief in a god like Jehovah, then Jehovah cannot possibly be God with a capital G - even if Jehovah believers claim earlier gods were Jehovah with a different name, because Inanna is a vastly different God concept to the single male, Our Father who art in Heaven, Jehovah.

What we can also do is ask "God" claimants to nominate their god (all gods have names) and provide any sort of evidence whatsoever for its existence in any way whatsoever.

Willum
Savant

Post #7

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 6 by SallyF]

You disprove God the same way you disprove any other hypothesis. Find one that better explains whatever you are hypothesizing.
It isn't complicated...
You propose God created all life, then you see this in inconsistent with evolution in it's many forms, fossil records, and so on.

Facts and evidence associated with evolution disprove everything about God the creator, whose only support comes from one unverifiable book.

Easy-peazy.

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by JJ50 »

If a god of whatever sort exists, and wants people to belief in it, why is its existence a matter of faith not a verifiable fact?

Swami
Sage

Post #9

Post by Swami »

Willum wrote:
Eloi wrote: I just want to see any real argument that God does not exist. I don't see it and I wonder why. :?:

My God is omniscient ... this is this about.

If you want to play to invent gods, it's Ok, play all you want. What do have to do all those games with my God? That I would like to know.
This entire site is about discussing and in many cases, disproving, God.

It is simple enough to disprove God.
1. Parameterize or state God's properties, then
2. Examine and dismiss those properties.

For example:
1. God created the Earth 10,000 years ago.
The Earth by every science and discipline (excepting particular religions) we have we have available to us demonstrates the Earth is millions to billions of years old. Therefore God did not create the Earth 10,000 tears ago. This is proof, vs mythic stories from ONLY ONE religon.

2. God created the universe. An elaborated apologist rational attempting to correct the above.
Conservation of mass is proven and tells us mass, matter and energy is not created nor destroyed.
No creation, no creator.

3. God created all life on Earth. Only a living thing can create life from non-life.
We have evolution, which has overwhelming evidence and has been both observed and tested. Plants can be planted in barren water and minerals (hydroponics) and create life from sterile conditions - in their own image. With evolution, it is trivial to imagine that growing in to everything.

4. Etc., etc..

Any property of God can be shown false, or at least unnecessary.

That is the point, and property (uniquely characterizing) God can be shown to be false, with evidence or proof that is far more believable than the Bible.

Why don't we try it?
Allow me to add a suggestion. Before you rule out God's existence, first discover the nature and origin of consciousness. First answer the questions of who you are, where the Universe comes from, why you are here. When you've discovered these things then come back and let us know if God exists.

Willum
Savant

Post #10

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 9 by Swami]

Right, because an consciousness that can’t be demonstrated is definite proof that consciousness needs to be created.
No. There is a definite competitive and evolutionary advantage to consciousness, therefore inventing another one is unnecessary and useless: who created that consciousness ‘ consciousness?
The unnecessariness compounds uselessly.