Real proofs God doesn't exist - Eloi

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Willum
Savant

Real proofs God doesn't exist - Eloi

Post #1

Post by Willum »

Eloi wrote: I just want to see any real argument that God does not exist. I don't see it and I wonder why. :?:

My God is omniscient ... this is this about.

If you want to play to invent gods, it's Ok, play all you want. What do have to do all those games with my God? That I would like to know.
This entire site is about discussing and in many cases, disproving, God.

It is simple enough to disprove God.
1. Parameterize or state God's properties, then
2. Examine and dismiss those properties.

For example:
1. God created the Earth 10,000 years ago.
The Earth by every science and discipline (excepting particular religions) we have we have available to us demonstrates the Earth is millions to billions of years old. Therefore God did not create the Earth 10,000 tears ago. This is proof, vs mythic stories from ONLY ONE religon.

2. God created the universe. An elaborated apologist rational attempting to correct the above.
Conservation of mass is proven and tells us mass, matter and energy is not created nor destroyed.
No creation, no creator.

3. God created all life on Earth. Only a living thing can create life from non-life.
We have evolution, which has overwhelming evidence and has been both observed and tested. Plants can be planted in barren water and minerals (hydroponics) and create life from sterile conditions - in their own image. With evolution, it is trivial to imagine that growing in to everything.

4. Etc., etc..

Any property of God can be shown false, or at least unnecessary.

That is the point, and property (uniquely characterizing) God can be shown to be false, with evidence or proof that is far more believable than the Bible.

Why don't we try it?

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #21

Post by Zzyzx »

Eloi wrote: I don't see any "real proof God doesn't exist" in the thread until now.
Why is there any need to prove that gods and other invisible, undetectable entities don’t exist? Thousands of ‘gods’ plus leprechauns, fairies, unicorns, aliens, big foot, etc have been proposed and promoted. They have in common No verifiable evidence

Promoters often tell their tales then act as though others should believe the claims and stories unless they can prove them false. That is classic Argumentum ad Ignorantiam (arguing ‘true unless proved false’ or vice versa) – a very amateurish position in any reasoned discussion or debate.

No, I won’t take your word for it, or his, or your book. What can you offer that can be verified as truthful and accurate, and doesn’t require believing what someone says or writes without checking its veracity?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #22

Post by Eloi »

Are you asking ME Why is there any need to prove that gods and other invisible, undetectable entities don’t exist????????

You should ask the one who opened a thread titled "Real proofs God doesn't exist". O:)

I am still waiting for those proofs.

Willum
Savant

Post #23

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 11 by Swami]

Ah, at least that is an interesting reply. I am grateful for that.
I however see no mystery to consciousness nor see any need to identify a high power. I am perfectly content with ultimate reality being mundane.
But your position is fascinating and eloquently presented.

Willum
Savant

Post #24

Post by Willum »

Eloi wrote: Are you asking ME Why is there any need to prove that gods and other invisible, undetectable entities don’t exist????????

You should ask the one who opened a thread titled "Real proofs God doesn't exist". O:)

I am still waiting for those proofs.
And they have been presented to you.
Denying these proofs instead of refuting them, means quite plainly you acknowledge God is nonexistent.

To an impartial audience you seem to be saying, “you haven’t proved there is a Sun in the sky. I am still waiting for you to prove there is a Sun in the sky!!�
Well, I presented a few. You can keep denying them, but that does not make you right. It just puts you in the position of denying the obvious.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #25

Post by Eloi »

[Replying to post 24 by Willum]

No, there is not any proofs back ... not those that proves God doesn't exist. That's why I am still waiting. I am very interested on those proofs if they are presented ... Still waiting.

Willum
Savant

Post #26

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 21 by Zzyzx]

I am happy to disprove god, god’s or God, I just need to know what to disprove.
Elon seems terrified of telling me about his deity, knowing perhaps, if he did,I could give it the same credibility as Santa.
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

Willum
Savant

Post #27

Post by Willum »

Eloi wrote: [Replying to post 24 by Willum]

No, there is not any proofs back ... not those that proves God doesn't exist. That's why I am still waiting. I am very interested on those proofs if they are presented ... Still waiting.
And if you simply can’t understand them, you will be waiting a long time.

Four have been presented, until I know why they are not proofs, your say-so not being reliable, I am forced to conclude God and the Easter Bunny are cousins.

Sorry.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #28

Post by Eloi »

[Replying to post 26 by Willum]

"Terrified" of what? You just need to see in the column to the left on my posts. :)

But remember that you said you have "real proofs God doesn't exist" ... Maybe you should had titled your post with "Real proofs Eloi's God doesn't exist" ... but it would be going from the general to the singular, as you may know.

Even if you "prove" my God doesn't exist, that doesn't prove God doesn't exist. :study:

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #29

Post by Eloi »

[Replying to post 27 by Willum]

Well, I didn't see any proof God doesn't exist. Do you have any inconvenience on repeat at least the first one? You say there are some of them. It should be "easy peazy".

Willum
Savant

Post #30

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 29 by Eloi]

Easy Peazy.
How do you disprove ANY hypothesis?
The corpuscular theory light? Newtonian Gravity? Ill humors causing disease?

You present a better theory that has evidence and explains things the previous ones don’t.

For example one hypothesis of God states he created the Earth 10,000 years ago, in seven days. Wrapped up in that hypothesis is a magic fruit causing sin and death.
The evidence for this is only in a second century comic book called the Bible.

Now, the hypothesis, actually a theory, that dismisses that alternative, since talking snakes don’t cut it, is geology, rocks are billions of years old, evolution requires millions of years, astronomy gives us a game plan, and so on.
Proof.

Still another means of proof is via equivalencies.
Everything measurable about God = 0, therefore God is nothing.
It should be easy to show any property of God that is non-zero, until you can, zero.

There are other proofs in the OP. Waiting for you to show they are flawed.

I am still waiting.