Banned

John 1:20-25 who is the Prophet here!?

Post #1

Post by Yusef »

Yusef wrote: ....
[Youtube][/youtube]
Gospel of John chapter 1
  • John the Baptist Denies Being the Messiah

19 Now this was John’s testimony when the Jewish leaders[c] in Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was.

20 He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, “I am not the Messiah.�

21 They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?�

He said, “I am not.�

“Are you that Prophet we are expecting?�
    He answered, “No.�

22 Finally they said, “Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?�

23 John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’�[d]

24 Now the Pharisees who had been sent 25 questioned him, “Why then do you baptize if you are not the Messiah, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?�

26 “I baptize with[e] water,� John replied, “but among you stands one you do not know.

27 He is the one who comes after me, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.�

28 This all happened at Bethany on the other side of the Jordan, where John was baptizing.
Well,
We have here 3 personalities that prophet Yahya[pbuh] denies he is one of them!
  • 1. Messiah
    2. Elijah
    3. The Prophet
If we assume the Messiah is the same Jesus[pbuh],
And the Elijah the same Eliyahu[pbuh]

Then Whom the Jews were expecting as the Prophet which is except for the Messiah and Elijah!?? :study:

Who is the third person here!?
ref:detecting of decoding of the encoded holy books: *Secrets of Enoch *Revelation of John *Qur'an *Hadith
I assume your beliefs are the better! Well, be soldier of God and convert me. By your own reasonings also tell me my wrong beliefs and why..>> :study:

Difflugia
Prodigy

Re: John 1:20-25 who is the Prophet here!?

Post #11

Post by Difflugia »

Yusef wrote:
Difflugia wrote:"I'll tell you a secret: John the Baptist was Elijah."
Where of the bible is written this!!!??
Matthew 17:10-13.
Yusef wrote:And who has written!!?
Tell us
The author of Matthew.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by ttruscott »

Yusef wrote:Then Whom the Jews were expecting as the Prophet which is except for the Messiah and Elijah!??
The prophet is the Messiah asked in a different way to elicit a better understanding: Matthew 16:13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He questioned His disciples: “Who do people say the Son of Man is?� 14 They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets."

This explains why they ask about the Messiah, Elijah and another who might be Jeremiah...they were all considered candidates to be Messiah.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Yusef
Banned
Banned

Eli Eli Lamma saboctani. Whom Jesus called!?

Post #13

Post by Yusef »

Difflugia wrote:
Yusef wrote:
Difflugia wrote:"I'll tell you a secret: John the Baptist was Elijah."
Where of the bible is written this!!!??
Matthew 17:10-13.
Yusef wrote:And who has written!!?
Tell us
The author of Matthew.
Really!!??
Then the previous posts show another things!!

Show us the phrase "I'll tell you a secret: John the Baptist was Elijah." in Hebrew or Greek
I assume your beliefs are the better! Well, be soldier of God and convert me. By your own reasonings also tell me my wrong beliefs and why..>> :study:

Yusef
Banned
Banned

John and Hussain the two who heaven cried for both

Post #14

Post by Yusef »

ttruscott wrote:
Yusef wrote:Then Whom the Jews were expecting as the Prophet which is except for the Messiah and Elijah!??
The prophet is the Messiah asked in a different way to elicit a better understanding: Matthew 16:13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He questioned His disciples: “Who do people say the Son of Man is?� 14 They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets."

This explains why they ask about the Messiah, Elijah and another who might be Jeremiah...they were all considered candidates to be Messiah.
Well,
The phrase "one of the prophets" shows those the prophets were come before prophet Jesus[pbuh].
But the quoted text i provided the first post, It shows the Jews were awaited for coming a Prophet who is expecting to come in the future!

And i skipped that we Shi'a-Muslims in our doctrines have 2 different prophets together Eliyas[Elijah] and Yahya[JTB] and both will be means Elijah is alive now, and Yahya will be resurrected by prophet Jesus at the coming the team of the Saviour[Al-Mahdi of Shi'a] and will be among the 313 most important companions of him:
Look at: Yahya and Hussain are the two only persons who the heaven cried blood for them

Peace be upon all those who i mentioned in this post and didn't write the phrase "[pbuh]"

Difflugia
Prodigy

Re: Eli Eli Lamma saboctani. Whom Jesus called!?

Post #15

Post by Difflugia »

Yusef wrote:Really!!??

Show us the phrase "I'll tell you a secret: John the Baptist was Elijah." in Hebrew or Greek
Ah. My mistake. I thought you would realize I was paraphrasing.

Or are you trying to imply that Matthew's author actually meant something different?

Yusef
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by Yusef »

Difflugia wrote:
Yusef wrote:Really!!??

Ah. My mistake. I thought you would realize I was paraphrasing.

Or are you trying to imply that Matthew's author actually meant something different?
Algorithm
Return back to the post 7:
ref:Did Jesus verify/approve/confirm/accept that the thinking of the disciples was true!???? [About John = Elijah]

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #17

Post by Difflugia »

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here or in the earlier post, but I think you mean that the disciples were wrong about equating John the Baptist and Elijah and the author of Matthew's Gospel was also wrong when he agreed with the disciples, but Jesus didn't explicitly correct them.

Is that what you mean?

If it is, that seems to be an odd theological stance. You're saying that the Evangelist recounted the actual spoken words of Jesus and the disciples accurately enough that we can find word game-style loopholes in the meaning, yet must have written something as narrator that is factually untrue.

If the text is inerrant, then we can ask what was going on independent of Matthew's intentions, but then Matthew's claims as narrator should all be treated as true.

If the text is not inerrant, then we can only reasonably examine Matthew's understanding of what happened.

FWI
Sage

Post #18

Post by FWI »

[Replying to post 1 by Yusef]
Yusef wrote:John 1:20-25 who is the Prophet here!?

There is a pretty simple explanation for the question: "Art thou the Prophet?" which is a reference to the "prophet-like" unto Moses (Duet. 18:15-18). Who, must be identified with the Messiah. This question therefore covers the same ground as the question: "Are thou the Christ?" which had already been asked…It was an attempted trick by the Levites and priests of asking the same question again, but in different words. Yet, John the Baptist wasn't fooled. So, the referenced prophet was Jesus the Christ, who was a spokesperson for God, foretold and predicted future events and performed healing and miracles. Which, all three are characteristics of a prophet…

Yusef
Banned
Banned

Post #19

Post by Yusef »

Difflugia wrote:
I'm not entirely sure what you mean here or in the earlier post, but I think you mean that the disciples were wrong about equating John the Baptist and Elijah and the author of Matthew's Gospel was also wrong when he agreed with the disciples, but Jesus didn't explicitly correct them.

Is that what you mean?
100%
...and wrote:If it is, that seems to be an odd theological stance. You're saying that the Evangelist recounted the actual spoken words of Jesus and the disciples accurately enough that we can find word game-style loopholes in the meaning, yet must have written something as narrator that is factually untrue.

If the text is inerrant, then we can ask what was going on independent of Matthew's intentions, but then Matthew's claims as narrator should all be treated as true.

If the text is not inerrant, then we can only reasonably examine Matthew's understanding of what happened.
i don't say that the narrator wrote untrue!
I say one of them: [the disciples/narrators/narrators of narrator of] misunderstood!

Example:
I say to the member 'ttruscott' that I have seen this member 'Difflugia' in an other forum and now he is my post replyer,
Then after years the ttruscott narrates that Yusef told that Difflugia was in an other forum then came here; therefore i understood that he came here through that forum i was linked!!!
? Did ttruscott ask Yusef that Is your meaning the same?
  • Nope
? Did ttruscott ask Difflugia that Had you come here through the link Yusef was put there?
  • Nope
Well,
If we tap on the backward key of the timeline and play from the time the disciples were thought John was the same Elijah,
  • If the Matta[Matthew] asked prophet Jesus that Are we right that think you mean John is the same Elijah!?
    • Then they would be under negative answer from Jesus
    Peace be upon all Elijah, Jesus, John the Baptist, Matthew

Yusef
Banned
Banned

Post #20

Post by Yusef »

FWI wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Yusef]
Yusef wrote:John 1:20-25 who is the Prophet here!?

There is a pretty simple explanation for the question: "Art thou the Prophet?" which is a reference to the "prophet-like" unto Moses (Duet. 18:15-18). Who, must be identified with the Messiah. This question therefore covers the same ground as the question: "Are thou the Christ?" which had already been asked…It was an attempted trick by the Levites and priests of asking the same question again, but in different words. Yet, John the Baptist wasn't fooled. So, the referenced prophet was Jesus the Christ, who was a spokesperson for God, foretold and predicted future events and performed healing and miracles. Which, all three are characteristics of a prophet…
Thanks!
I don't know how did you argue with this (Duet. 18:15-18) here!! where i tried hardly to find what places the 8th Imam, Ar-Ridha was pointed in the greatest debating of history:
viewtopic.php?p=960088#960088
And you now helped me to find!!

Other parts of your post is Algorithmed to the Post 5
ref:Re: John 1:20-25 who is the Prophet here!?