Debates on Christianity, Creation vs Evolution, Philosophy, Politics and Religion, Ethics, Current Events, and Religious issues

Reply to topic
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:59 pm
Trump is a pathological liar

Like this post
(in my view)
A pathological liar is someone who lies compulsively. While there appears to be many possible causes forpathological lying, it's not yet entirely understood why someone would lie this way. ... Compulsive lying is also a known trait of some personality disorders, such as antisocial personality disorder.27 Aug 2018

Pathological lying, also known as mythomania and pseudologia fantastica, is the chronic behavior of compulsive or habitual lying.

Unlike telling the occasional white lie to avoid hurting someone’s feelings or getting in trouble, a pathological liar seems to lie for no apparent reason. This can make it frustrating or hard to know what to do if you believe you’ve met one.

Though pathological lying has been recognized for more than a century, there’s not yet a clear universal definition of the condition.

Some pathological lying may result from a mental condition, such as antisocial personality disorder (sometimes called sociopathy), while others appear to have
no medical reason for the behavior.

https://www.healthline.com/health/pathological-liar

This is a mental illness
,.,,.There is one person who we do not want to have a mental illness.
,.,.,That is the one who controls our army
.,;.,That is the one who controls our navy
,.;.,That is the one who controls our air force
,.'.;That is the one who has the executive order that can bring death
,.;,Is Trump the one-?
';.,I say No!!!!!!.........

;,'What say you-?

(:-

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 2: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:02 pm

Like this post (1): Menotu
Barack Obama was 100% true and correct when he said that Donald Trump is unfit for the office of the Presidency of the United States of America.

Trump has been nothing but an global embarrassment to the USA ever since he took office. If you are asking for my opinion I personally think he's disgusting and I wouldn't want him as a neighbor much less as the president of my country.

What's truly disgusting, from my perspective, is how many Americans actually support this guy. I had no clue that I was living in a country with so many people like that. It's scary. If he gets reelected this is really a disgrace for the USA. It's already been a disgrace, but if he gets reelected that will only show that a majority of Americans actually support him.

If you think Trump is mentally ill, then what do you think of all the people who continue to support him? Think

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 3: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:47 pm

Like this post
[Replying to post 2 by Divine Insight]

That's why Republicans are required to have pre-frontal lobotomies -- it's the law!

That is what a bumper-sticker I once saw, stated. And I believe everything that I see.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 4: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:14 am
Re: Trump is a pathological liar

Like this post
justme2 wrote:

(in my view)
A pathological liar is someone who lies compulsively. While there appears to be many possible causes forpathological lying, it's not yet entirely understood why someone would lie this way. ... Compulsive lying is also a known trait of some personality disorders, such as antisocial personality disorder.27 Aug 2018

Pathological lying, also known as mythomania and pseudologia fantastica, is the chronic behavior of compulsive or habitual lying.

Unlike telling the occasional white lie to avoid hurting someone’s feelings or getting in trouble, a pathological liar seems to lie for no apparent reason. This can make it frustrating or hard to know what to do if you believe you’ve met one.

Though pathological lying has been recognized for more than a century, there’s not yet a clear universal definition of the condition.

Some pathological lying may result from a mental condition, such as antisocial personality disorder (sometimes called sociopathy), while others appear to have
no medical reason for the behavior.

https://www.healthline.com/health/pathological-liar

This is a mental illness
,.,,.There is one person who we do not want to have a mental illness.
,.,.,That is the one who controls our army
.,;.,That is the one who controls our navy
,.;.,That is the one who controls our air force
,.'.;That is the one who has the executive order that can bring death
,.;,Is Trump the one-?
';.,I say No!!!!!!.........

;,'What say you-?

(:-

The vast majority of politicians are psychopaths. Psychopaths are drawn to positions of power. They're all liars. The only big difference between Trump and the rest of the lot is that he's not part of the establishment that has already been bought off by corporate America. He's a loose cannon, and while it is quite embarrassing to listen to his infantile rhetoric, the fact that the entrenched establishment has spent his entire first term fabricating patently ridiculous fairy tales of collusion with the Russians is telling.

When the best they can do is to fabricate lies that are already being easily seen for what they are, as well as the fact that the level of corruption within our entire government is so pervasive, the embarrassment doesn't stop with Trump.

Ironically, it is beginning to appear that the plug is about to be pulled, and the swamp may actually be leaking enough to start draining. That's a good thing. if it takes a blithering idiot to do that, so be it.

Trump may be a blithering idiot, but at least he's able to answer questions without a teleprompter. Mueller is the personification of inept stupidity. How do people like this get to these positions in the first place?

You can't fix the entrenched corruption within government with the same people who are benefitting from that corruption. It takes an outsider. When both parties mount a full frontal attack on one candidate, with the assistance of all the mainstream news outlets, it should be obvious that the status quo sees him as a potent threat.

The corporate elite have become too greedy, and the rest of the country simply can't survive. Their belief that the country is somehow better off economically is a pipe dream, but being able to watch some big shots spend some time behind bars like the rest of us helps morale. Trump isn't going to fix much of anything, but at least we get some good political theater, and perhaps the elite might take note that they're not as immune to prosecution as they thought they were.

When Schumer and Pelosi were caught dancing a jig at the prospect of Trump firing off a few shots at Iran, that seemed a bit telling. When Trump changed his mind, I began to wonder if Trump might not be just putting on an act. Maybe he's just pretending to be a complete moron. Granted, if that is the case, he missed his calling. So I don't think he's acting, but someone with a shred of common sense is talking to him. The last thing he wants to do is start a war. His base will drop him, and quick if he embroils us in a major conflict before the next election.

I suspect he'll wait until he's re-elected before attacking Iran, or Venezuela, or North Korea. So if you really want Trump out of office, pray he attacks Iran before the next election.

I don't think it's going to happen. As dumb as Trump may be, I think he's got that figured out.

As far as the lies go, it seems telling that people get bent over Trump's lies, but don't seem all that bothered with Hilary or Bill's lies. Bill didn't engage the services of Epstein on his little island full of underage girls on any of the 36 times he went there, did he? I don't know anyone who has over 50 friends and/or acquaintances who died under mysterious circumstances all within the span of not much more than a decade, do you?

Not that any of that excuses Trump, but why the sudden concern now? I haven't seen a President that didn't lie when his lips were moving since JFK, and we all know what an angel he was.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 5: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:34 pm
Re: Trump is a pathological liar

Like this post
[Replying to post 4 by shnarkle]

Quote:
The vast majority of politicians are psychopaths. Psychopaths are drawn to positions of power. They're all liars.

To some degree what you say is true: Warren 24%; Harris, Beto 15%, Biden 30%, the rest of the Democrats 8.8%; Trump 88.8%.

Quote:
he only big difference between Trump and the rest of the lot is that he's not part of the establishment that has already been bought off by corporate America.

That may be true if you want to say that being bought off by the NRA gun lobby and gun manufacturers is not part of the "establishment."

Quote:
He's a loose cannon, and while it is quite embarrassing to listen to his infantile rhetoric, the fact that the entrenched establishment has spent his entire first term fabricating patently ridiculous fairy tales of collusion with the Russians is telling.

Really? You don't think he has been getting cozy with Putin, Kim Jong un and a host of other dictators or wannabes . . . heck, he even said "that might be the more efficient way to go" . . . "I wanna be a dictator . . . of a large national show!"

Quote:
When the best they can do is to fabricate lies that are already being easily seen for what they are, as well as the fact that the level of corruption within our entire government is so pervasive, the embarrassment doesn't stop with Trump.

Maybe so -- do you have any proof of such corruption? You are sounding-off like a deep woods militia man.

Quote:
Ironically, it is beginning to appear that the plug is about to be pulled, and the swamp may actually be leaking enough to start draining. That's a good thing. if it takes a blithering idiot to do that, so be it.

The drain pipe isn't big enough for all the fat critters on K Street.

Quote:
Trump may be a blithering idiot, but at least he's able to answer questions without a teleprompter. Mueller is the personification of inept stupidity. How do people like this get to these positions in the first place?

Again, that's your opinion. If you listened closely you would have heard Mueller say "I can't answer to that" time and a gain -- those were questions either asked by Republicans trying to divert attention to Clinton (not the subject of the hearing), or
questions that were bound over to grand Juries and redacted

Quote:
You can't fix the entrenched corruption within government with the same people who are benefitting from that corruption. It takes an outsider. When both parties mount a full frontal attack on one candidate, with the assistance of all the mainstream news outlets, it should be obvious that the status quo sees him as a potent threat.

Are you including FOX Network, the Wall Street Journal, Washington Star, and other Rupert ownerships in that blanket indictment of yours?

Quote:
The corporate elite have become too greedy, and the rest of the country simply can't survive. Their belief that the country is somehow better off economically is a pipe dream, but being able to watch some big shots spend some time behind bars like the rest of us helps morale.

You mean the corporate elite isn't satisfied with their large tax cuts . . . doled out by beneficiary-in-chief Trump? You're right about the pipe dream, and I hope the ones behind bars will be joined by bigger fish after the election.

Quote:
Trump isn't going to fix much of anything, but at least we get some good political theater, and perhaps the elite might take note that they're not as immune to prosecution as they thought they were.

Ditto to your last.

Quote:
When Schumer and Pelosi were caught dancing a jig at the prospect of Trump firing off a few shots at Iran, that seemed a bit telling. When Trump changed his mind, I began to wonder if Trump might not be just putting on an act. Maybe he's just pretending to be a complete moron.

No, Trump knows what he's doing. But the two Dems doing a jig? Where's the proof? You have a video you'd like to share (provided it's not photo-shopped).

Quote:
Granted, if that is the case, he missed his calling. So I don't think he's acting, but someone with a shred of common sense is talking to him. The last thing he wants to do is start a war. His base will drop him, and quick if he embroils us in a major conflict before the next election.

If he was of the horsey set, his pet equine would be promoted to the head of the intelligence community. Why is war off the table with this idiot (your words)? It worked for G. W. Bush in 2004, enabling him to win re-election, in 2004.

Quote:
I suspect he'll wait until he's re-elected before attacking Iran, or Venezuela, or North Korea. So if you really want Trump out of office, pray he attacks Iran before the next election.

I think you have that scenario bass-ackwards my friend, or you and Trump haven't learned that a sitting president has never been turned out of office during wartime.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 6: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:26 am

Like this post (1): Menotu
Trump goes from bad to worse, the sooner he is out of office the better.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 7: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:17 pm

Like this post
[Replying to post 2 by Divine Insight]

Trump has been nothing but an global embarrassment to the USA ever since he took office.

The entire world is laughing at the pathetic Trump. Sadly, he (like his supporters) is so shameless that he fails to see or own up to his faults.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 8: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:24 pm

Like this post
[Replying to post 7 by koko]

"he...is so shameless that he fails to see or own up to his faults."

I think that's only true to an extent. He has been given a position where he can surround himself with YES MEN and, over time, that creates a complex of sorts (added to what his current complexes).
Granted he does have mental issues (IMO) but I honestly think he's trying to do the wrong thing more so because it will leave his name in the history books more than the Bush's, Obama and maybe even Clinton. That's what he truly wants. He doesn't care what happens to the USA or its citizens (save for his select few in his family). His priorities are, as I see it:
1)himself
2)his money
3)a few family members
4)his state in history
5)himself

Goto top, bottom

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Hymn Lyrics Apps
Facebook | Twitter