ALPHA CATHOLIC?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

polonius
Prodigy

ALPHA CATHOLIC?

Post #1

Post by polonius »

Is anyone aware of the "Alpha program"? Is it indeed Catholic or a spin-off? For example, does it recognize the seven sacraments?

marco
Savant

Re: ALPHA CATHOLIC?

Post #2

Post by marco »

polonius wrote: Is anyone aware of the "Alpha program"? Is it indeed Catholic or a spin-off? For example, does it recognize the seven sacraments?

As I understand it it is a benign Protestant system of teaching. It has been adapted, rightly or wrongly, by some Catholics. I think the idea is to emphasise the positive links between Christian denominations and play down the areas of division.

Some might say all roads lead to Rome.

Tcg
Savant

Re: ALPHA CATHOLIC?

Post #3

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to post 1 by polonius]

I don't know a great deal about the Alpha program, but I first heard of it being taught in a protestant church. As I understand it, it is a course to teach the basics of the Christian faith. What that means to those who teach it is hard to determine.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom